Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bandit B2's for £359 from Decathlon - NOW!!

Poster: A snowHead
Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That is with the bindings - beat that!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quelle fixations?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Who are they?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Which bindings?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Axium 300 bindings as is recommended by Rossignol and what Snow & Rock and Ellis Brigham are selling with the B2's.

Don't lose out now, get over to Decathlon before they all get snatched-up!!

Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Their web site's a bit feeble isn't it? It doesn't even mention they sell ski gear.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
isn't the more obvious question which years model?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I hope they're last years version personally. I believe this years hasn't changed significantly, exept they're a lot uglier...
Huge store in Stockport so I reckon I'll pop down and have a look see on Saturday.
I've hardly used my Head ixrc 1100's yet either, but they don't half look lonely on their own. Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
markP, This years' model are meant to be a little stiffer and hold their edge better, probably wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowbunny wrote:
markP, This years' model are meant to be a little stiffer and hold their edge better, probably wink

And aren't they also called B3 rather than B2?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar.org.uk, AFAIK the B2 is aimed at piste skiers (who sometimes go off piste). The B3 is aimed at off piste skiers who like to blast the piste sometimes. I tried the B2W last year, Razz My old Bandit Liites had better edge grip, and more feeling underfoot, and were faster edge to edge. Put me right off, IMO Rossi need to do something, since the perf. was well short of the old XX's Yes I know they are supposed to have realigned the range, but I'm going to sit on the fence on that one:D
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'll beat it....
This year's model for £250 inc. bindings snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's the new B2, the green one. I saw them on Saturday.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Chris_5000, that's even cheaper than last year's model on sale in France ... best deal I've seen on them. Decathlon France have the new Atomic Izor 9:7 at €399 though ... but still not as good as your 2005/6 B2 price ..
snow report
Chris_5000, are you a retailer or just selling one pair?
snow report
Chris_5000, where, what, when, why, how???? Tell us more Wink
snow report
flicksta, If it's green then I believe that is the B3. Which would make it even better value as EB sell them for 525GBP although thats with a better binding. The B2 is blue and is fatter and stiffer than last years model and comes in at 435 with the axium 300.
Still ugly though.
snow conditions
Am I the only person out there who thinks the new Bandit range is better looking than the last lot? I think the new design looks sleek. The new B2 is meant to be better than last years (which seems to have been generally slated). It has some fancy metal shark thing in the tip, which stops it from flapping at speed, or some such b****cks. Not that I care, having just been won over by the Hot Rod Nitrous Very Happy .
latest report
Just wondering whther ski prices in Britain are generally too high. If you look into the German ski shop sites the B2 ( with Look Pivot 12 binding ) is going for 490 Euros, which translates to about 337 GBP! See http://www.bittl.de
The Metron B5 with Neox 412 Gold binding is going for 893 Euros ( 611 GBP ). How much do they charge for those in Britain?
Generally I think the Munich ski prices are lower than elsewhere. Definitely lower than in the ski resorts in Austria, so it just might be worthwhile stopping off here on the way to the hills.
snow conditions
The ski only price for a B2 is 229 quid at one of the online retailers here, and Telemark Pyrennes do them for 380 with binding. I think Rossignol have made rather a lot of these skis Very Happy
snow conditions
I can assure you that the price I quoted above is for the new 2005/6 B2's (blue/white/grey colours) and Axium 300 bindings. I have also recently bought some new boots from S&R at a price of £220 but now I wish like hell that I had waited and bought them from Decathlon because they are selling the same boots for £165!!!!

Decathlon rules!!!!!!!!!
Razz
ski holidays
Chris_5000,

Where can I find the 2005/6 B2's complete with bindings for £250?

Very interested!
ski holidays
Don't think I'd recommend getting boots fitted at Decathlon! It's not like buying a pair of trainers is it?
latest report
True, but I could always have bought them from Decathlon and then taken them to S&R for them to custom fit them for me.

wink
snow report
Hornster,
Quote:

True, but I could always have bought them from Decathlon and then taken them to S&R for them to custom fit them for me

For a custom fit, Profeet in London would be a better choice Very Happy
http://www.profeet.co.uk/
snow report
snowbunny wrote:
I tried the B2W last year, Razz My old Bandit Liites had better edge grip, and more feeling underfoot, and were faster edge to edge. Put me right off, IMO Rossi need to do something, since the perf. was well short of the old XX's

Have you tried the "unisex" version rather than the women's? I (and Rachel Q) tried both last year....and I wouldn't touch the women's again. They scared me. However the "unisex" version are a nice set of skis.
snow report
Decathlon Sheffield were selling last years B2s for £180...but they didn't have my size Crying or Very sad I asked if anywhere else did, but they said that they were only store in the country to have any of last years stock left.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowbunny,

I far preferred the XX over the B2's that I have tried. And I far preferred the XL over either - juts thought I'd get that in - but I do have found memories of the XX.
ski holidays
JT,
Quote:

snowbunny,

I far preferred the XX over the B2's that I have tried. And I far preferred the XL over either - juts thought I'd get that in

I would have expected no less wink
snow report
snowbunny,

Laughing

Good ski the XX tho'
snow conditions
Elizabeth B, The XX were "mens". I skied the B2W. I may test ski the new B2W, whilst in resort. Glad I'm not alone in not liking the last B2W offering. Took a pair onto Grand Montets, they "did my head in". Came off the hill, believing it was time to quit as I could no longer hack this skiing lark wink
latest report
snowbunny, I've wondered about this, is there a new B2W ? The old one seems to have been widely considered a waste of time, but if the new B2 is stiffer etc then does an old B2 or a new B2W make a better womans ski?

Elizabeth B, try telemark pyrennes, they had some.
ski holidays
snowbunny, recently they seem to have done away with "mens" skis in favour of "unisex" ones. Just a marketing thing, I presume?

ise, I'll have a look. I'm probably going to wait until after the PSB...and test some skis there...but I can always be persuaded by a bargain!!
snow report
ise, There's a new B2W in the slush n rubble cat. It claims to have the FAT system and Shark Nose Tip which, I'm assuming means that it's this years' model, lengths 148 to 174. It looks to be a lighter blue paint job than the regular B2 which runs up to 182 length. I have'nt had hold of a pair, so can't comment on the respective weights/binding position etc. If it is stiffer, then the B2W will be worth a test ride....who knows, I may return with a smile snowHead
ski holidays
I have ten or so pairs of the old B2, for those of you whom are fans. Skis only. Am open to offers. Will check the wall price this afternoon and give you all a price idea. Also have a great range of off-piste skis, between 94-125mm underfoot. I understand you Brits, quake in your boots at anything over 84mm as there too Extreme. Still, i have them if anyone needs a second pair of skis for powder days, edge to edge speed aside, some of them rip on the hard stuff too! Twisted Evil
snow report
snowbunny, have you used Profeet? I'm about to give them a call, as it happens. I need some new insoles although I'm perfectly happy with the overall boot fit.

If you have been it would be interesting to hear how you got on.
snow report
Pro feet rock. Book up with Hamish the Wolf. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, could well be interested....let us know what price your lookng at.
snow report
Ok, Jimmy, i'll give you very good price my friend. Not too many of your 'English Quids' Twisted Evil
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy