Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Short Break Flights

Poster: A snowHead
Apart from BA, who are pretty reasonable, are there any other carriers who offer return flights (over, say, four days) to the alps from Northern airports?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How far North are you? Easyjet run from Liverpool. Theres also BMIBaby (www.bmibaby.com) who have quite a few routes from the North (Newcastle, etc). Depends if you are after budget or class I guess.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks TH, I didn't know easyjet did short return dates. They're the same price as BA, but have better timed flights for a ski trip (early outbound and late return).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Marc, Jet 2 fly to Geneva from Leeds/Bradford. Never had a look at their prices, so can't comment, but probably on a par with Sleazyjet/Ryanscare. Flights are Thurs/Sat/Sun

www.jet2.com
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ski Bunny, Cheers, Jet2 - more expensive & poor flight times, Ryanair - none from our areas to the slopes.

tree_hugger, BMIbaby didn't do the flights from round here.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Marc
Duo go from Edinburgh & Birmingham to Geneva, Nice and Zurich, if that's any good to you? I think they're slightly more expensive than Ryanair but a bit cheaper than BA.

www.duo.com
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Marc,

BMI Baby do Manchester - Geneva daily, decent flight times both out and return and usually cheaper than Easyjet. We have done 2 trips recently both fine. Better outfit altogether I think!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sarah, cheers but when I put in the details for a short break, mid week next week, it said there weren't any available. So they're either full or don't do the days.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BMI service from Manchester to Geneva (also from Nottingham East Minlands to Geneva) is winter only and stops operating somewhere round 25 March - can't remember the exact dates, but that's why you won't get one for next week. We have also used them twice this year, ended up paying about £50 return each time.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Marc they are all full coming up to Easter. I tried too.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
marc gledhill,

I've actually posted a similar question on another thread to someone who said that they were going to Courmayeur for 4 days. I looked into this recently and found that whilst I could get outbound flights (from London area) to Geneva etc at quite a low cost, the problem was coming back. The return leg was at a ridiculous price and made the whole trip uneconomic. Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Easyjet don't currently go from Newcastle to any ski destinations unfortunately-other than Barcelona for Andorra.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
BMI Baby do Teesside- Geneva but its saturdays only and often full
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
marc gledhill, masmith,
Shame about BMIBaby then...they are obviously finishing their 'ski' flights early, shame because they are good and well priced Sad
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Try Flybe.com - another low fares airline
snow report
We used the Teeside-Geneva flight at New Year, but we booked it in July, some friends tried in August, but it was full
snow report
Tony - For Courmayeur fly to Turin, did it in Febuary. It only took about 1hr 45 mins. Very easy drive - dual carriage way all the way.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy