Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TRX training - has anyone got experience of it for ski fitness

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A trainer in my gym recommends TRX suspension training for ski fitness, but he isn't a skiier! There's a lot of info on the web but its hard to see fact from fiction and sales hype. I need to get in shape for the winter and do something in addition to the regular stuff. Thanks for any input.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
get in a plank position on your forearms, with your feet in the TRX stirrups and then bring your knees up/forward to your chest. Super abs/core exercise.

a g/f of mine takes a dedicated TRX class and loves it.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowheader, I haven't done any ski specific training, but I go to TRX classes and they are fantastic. Very important to use correct form though, so do it in a class / with a trainer.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowheader, they make it easier to do full range squats on one leg; I do them on the basis it's probably good for skiing.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My sister is a pilates instructor and, while attending an advanced training course in New York last year, tried the TRX system out (one of the US pilates instructors had brought it in to show everyone). My sister - and the other pilates instructors - all rated it highly with the caveat that it should be done under supervision for anyone who doesn't know how to hold the correct position/posture during the exercises.

Haven't tried it myself but may do so over the winter when I'll be living abroad for a few months and want to maintain my pilates workout.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Zero-G wrote:
... it should be done under supervision for anyone who doesn't know how to hold the correct position/posture during the exercises.

To be honest that holds true for most workouts. Most people down a gym fail on this point, esp fat lads doing bicep curls NehNeh
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mosha Marc, true. Good on you for coming out wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I use TRX for doing one-legged squats and similar balance exercises. Really good for encouraging stability and also for putting your knees under some gentle lateral forces in preparation for more strenuous skiing motions. I agree with beanie1 and others that proper form is important tho. My big indulgence is regular personal trainer sessions but if you can find a TRX class that would be good too.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Zero-G, ha ha, that's just untensed muscle wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
TRX's are class. Not sure about complete specificity to skiing, but they're a cracking "total body" workout done properly, and do wonders for your core. So in that respect pretty decent for skiing!

Still hold by my almost religious fervour for proper squatting (ie full ROM) as the best for skiing though... rolling eyes
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy