Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easiest Airport Transfer in Europe?

brian
brian
hibernia, Sion to Geneva isn't slow, motorway all the way. Not that long either, about an hour and a half or so. It's about another hour up to Taesch, then 15 mins on the train or taxi to Zermatt.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've flown into Sion and went on to Zermatt. All in all a good airport. Small - which is good - and a quick transfer via coach and train less than 90 mins - it was a TO so that would slow things down a bit. The flight in tight to the surronding mountains is quite spectacular but expect the plane to put down quickly on a mountain landing strip, this is usual.

On the way home we spent a few lesurely hrs watching the few planes take off and land, quite relaxing, and I would fly in again with no reservations. It would be quick for Zermatt, Saas Fee, Crans, and Verbier at least and a few others I can't specifically recall just off the Rhone valley
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Can you imagine putting you boots on whilst on the plane, stepping out at Courchevel Altiport with your skis, clipping in, and skiing down to your chalet or hotel whilst your man does the luggage Very Happy

Fine, as long as you do a better landing than this:

snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alastair, Heck , you're good. Impressive ...

I believe it was a Pilatus. Don't think the ful story/ enquiry is published yet but came in on a 'greaser' too fast allegedly !
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What's the private airfield that all the celebs use for Zermatt, that's meant to be pretty good, especially with Air Zermatt heli transfers.

Aspen airport to Aspen should be pretty easy, although I've never experienced it.

David Murdoch I sometimes get the impression that you move in rather more refined circles than some of the rest of us! Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
eEvans, not my landing! A Pilatus PC12 - nice aircraft; I believe it was repaired fairly quickly.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alastair, Sorry , I think I knew it wasn't your landing . rolling eyes Poor English from me Embarassed Given that they are a Swiss org and she (presumably) is Swiss - registered , no surprise she's back in the air Toofy Grin .. and No, I don't know the pilot .
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Alastair,

Corcheval altiport is supposed to be quite an experience, you have the one chance to get in and thats it they say. The point of no return is supposed to be flying over a road so I would imagine stacks like that are relatively common.

I'd love to do it..!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JT, is that the one in the pierce brosnan bond movie with the arms trader shindig in the snowy mountains with a nuclear missile bond had to remove from the scene sharpish as everything else was about to be fireballed?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Newcastle airport .......Silksworth Dry Ski Slope. approx 35 minutes some motorway. NehNeh
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Paul Mason, snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
JT, yes, it is an experience - I flew in from Tignes once (with an instructor - you need a rating). The fact that you can't throw the landing away and go around for another (contrary to all normal training) certainly concentrates the mind. They do, indeed, have more incidents than most places. I read an article in Pilot magazine many years ago that said they'd had three accidents (two fatal) in one weekend!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Paul Mason, I reckon the newly named Durham Tees valley to Willington is slightly shorter. Is the Big W still open?. Skied it once, dryslope +r ope tow = burning forearms and knackered gloves
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, Willington closed a while ago now. I had my first ski lesson there (so we could avoid friends laughing at us)
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
slikedges,

I don't know as I have only seen the airport from the slopes - before the Bond movie!!
But I hope to get in there this year as my pilot friend does indeed have a rating for the airport. We will try and take another commercial trainer along just for good measure and March looks a good bet.

They say the landing is on two gradients and you have to miss the first, aim for the second and have to land because the gradient goes up the hill and you can't outclimb the mountain forcing you to land..!!! Sounds like the easy part if the approach is spot on...!!!
Apparently there is a bail-out strip besides a church.....!!!!!

The take off is downhill and you just drop off over an edge... thats sounds a bit hairy but I will be back to tell you all about it if I can.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy