Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne Montalbert 2015/6 (from page 9)

Poster: A snowHead
Struggling to remember when the Coqs chairlift was being removed. Was it already gone last season . If so, how did it work out having to ski down and then catch the other lift up (La Roche??)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
foxtrotzulu, Coqs was removed last season and La Roche had more seats added and speeded up. It was fine away from the peak weeks. There were more than average accidents at the narrow points hence the pistes being widened for this season.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfing, Has it made it noticeably slower to get over to La Plagne?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
foxtrotzulu, stepping in with my opinion, I'm sure Boredsurfing will add his as well in a mo Very Happy

If you ski at a fair speed then I don't believe it's made much difference unless it's busy BUT now there is the potential for a monumental Bunfight if you hit La Roche at the wrong time on a peak week. Mrs C and some other family members got stuck down there for 45 mins one day last NY week Mad

With beginners it tow it makes the trip to Plagne centre much longer though......
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
foxtrotzulu, Can only agree with Roger C,'s comments above. Roche leaves you in a different place to where Coqs did (a bit lower in fact) La Roche runs a hell of a lot faster than Coqs ever did. Peak weeks its awful at Roche if you time it wrong. When La Roche breaks down there is no alternative!
However, some of the La Roche lift staff are pro-active when the queue builds up and attempt to chivvy people along to fill every seat.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Roger C, boredsurfin, thank you both. I know Coqs was a bit slow, but none of this seems like a step forward. Pity really.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
LaPlagne: RT @Oxygene_Ski: Super sit ski... #AdaptiveSkiing #laPlagne #GrandeRochette

latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

LaPlagne: Can you wait so long ? Wink 54 Days 🏂🎄🎅 #laplagne
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Discount ski passes now on sale.

http://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en

Discount ski passes (including full season and 6 day) now on sale. Hurry, limited time, check the site for dates

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 28-10-14 12:39; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@boredsurfin, Well spotted Bruce.

Looks like the season pass may well work out a bit cheaper than last season for the Brits if the exchange rate stays strong.

I'll resurrect the old La Plagne lift pass thread with more details later today.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skichampcouk, Watch the dates, weeks have to be bought BEFORE November 15th but season Dec 1st
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Short video of the concrete being delivered by helicopter for the new gondola pylon bases.
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=659057667545228&set=vb.315020855282246&type=2&theater
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
boredsurfin, That's good news Very Happy , it will make a big difference when it is completed.

We never had any problems last season with La Roche and the lifties were well organised at the busy times so we never had to wait long.

How long do they think the journey will take in the new gondola when it is up and running?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi @skichampcouk, i was not very happy with the change last season. I had a good 15 min wait at the roche when it broke and like has been said already, there is not much alternative. There is a bus, but not that often. I wonder why they did not just upgrade the slower chair. I hope the gondola does not take to long to finish.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@skichampcouk, 7 minutes from the village to the top of todays second lift, but the lift co has stated that peak weeks a 40 minute wait to get on it is acceptable. Don't forget they are removing all the other lifts in the area except the one that serves the race piste in the village.
So when the Gondola is open ( Season after next) snowcrazy, you will have to ski down to the village to get back up after leaving Restaurant Forperet !
snow report
Hi,

Does anyone the season pass rates from APLP, proprietors of La Plagne?

I see Edenski offer 25% for season passes purchased before the end of this month.
snow conditions
you made a double post see Les Arcs thread for answer
snow conditions
roche1800, APLP cannot discount passes any longer, some EU rule I believe, Edenski or http://www.skipass-laplagne.com/fr/ is the only place to get discounted tickets. APLP were offering discount on some off peak long weekend tickets last year but don't appear to for the coming season, so far...

IF you rent out a property through the lift co's agency and your renters buy passes you can benefit from an additional points based discount.

Full time residents passes are available through the town halls in Macot and Aime BUT there are stringent proofs required to prove you live in the area all year round.
ski holidays
boredsurfin
Quote:

IF you rent out a property through the lift co's agency and your renters buy passes you can benefit from an additional points based discount.

Is that a different thing to the Edenski points system?
With the edenski points system you can print a voucher out for friends, family or renters to use when they purchase a lift pass. They will receive a naff gift and you will receive extra points which can be exchanged for a gift ranging from a sledge ride to a season pass.

Quote:

Full time residents passes are available through the town halls in Macot and Aime BUT there are stringent proofs required to prove you live in the area all year round.

Don't you also need to be over 75 and have written consent from both parents?
snow report
Word from Longefoy this evening is that the rain has turned to snow snowHead
ski holidays
A little snow in the village last night

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 5-12-14 10:04; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Hey @boredsurfin, as I have some more time to waste. I think you need to use this thing for you photo.

thefatcontroller wrote:

@snowcrazy, I think I have figured out how to solve your issue. @rob@rar had posted about it too here...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=113626&highlight=

The answer came from @davidof, you take this bit of code. See here for instructions. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=112394&start=80

Now I will see if it works.

Hope still not working. Where is the expert again! Puzzled
ski holidays
Lovely cloud inversion this morning
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2yj1sNIQAATXfP.jpg:large

More click bait for Twitter: Montalbert73 Toofy Grin
ski holidays
And another this morning https://mobile.twitter.com/Montalbert73/status/540440385215266816
A sea of cloud
Montalbert ‪#‎laplagne‬ with ‪#‎lesarcs‬ and ‪#‎larosiere‬ in the distance and ‪#‎bourgstmaurice‬ is underneath! [img]http://t.co/dkFkXSbv46[/img]

Facebook and Twitter click bait Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 4-12-14 10:03; edited 2 times in total
snow report
latest report
So I'm trying to manage my OMG-There-No-Snow stress as best I can, but one question. With the lower temperatures at La Plagne, and especially those forecast for next week, are there any signs of them firing up the snow-making machinery? I'm not in La Plagne until 27th Dec but it'd be nice to have at least something to ski on by then. There's some currently forecast for Sat and then a bit next week but it doesn't look much given the current almost standing start.

Hopefully in the next 2-3wks there will be one massive dump of snow and I'll wonder why I was ever worrying.
ski holidays
@Ravelin, dont worry still very early, we've been in Monty for 12yrs and from the past experience the later the snow fall the bigger the snow fall for the rest of the season ! wink
snow conditions
@cockofthenorth , thanks for the reassurance but if it snows on 3rd Jan and every day thereafter that's no good for me. Not unless I ditch the wife and kids and sneak off again in Jan/Feb (like I'd be allowed).

Anyway, what will be will be.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
When is the snow coming...
snow conditions
@roche1800, Monday...
http://www.meteofrance.com/previsions-meteo-montagne/la-plagne/73210

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Fri 5-12-14 11:16; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Snow makers beside La Bergerie lift are on at the moment (http://laplagne.livecam360.net/bergerie). Must just have been turned on as it doesn't look like much build-up of snow yet.
ski holidays
The weather according to my iphone this morning has snow forcast for Montalbert for the next 8 days bar wednesday snowHead.... 1 month and 5 days to go Cool
snow report
Snow makers beside La Bergerie lift sadly lying dormant again!
snow report
Were on first thing.
snow conditions
Went off at 10:25
ski holidays
@Charliee, yeah they seem to have been on for about an hour. Well at least we know they work. Laughing
ski holidays
A technical problem...
snow report
yes, its too warm!!
ski holidays
It's Gonna snow tonight❄️❄️❄️❄️⛄️🏂
snow report
Ok tonight then Embarassed
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy