Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic Bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Have invested in Atomic SX9 - fantastic!! But....when I'm carrying them around the ski brakes don't lock together and they constantly slip apart - a real pain! Am I doing something wrong? Or is this just a quirk of Atomic skis that I've got to get used to?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No, it's normal. I've a few pairs of Atomics and they all do it to various degrees, some are worse than others. It doesn't bother me too much but Mrs Ise uses a ski tie/strap, it annoys her as her Dynastars don't do it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers, I hoped it was just that there's some sort of special technique! I've got a sling & velcro tie, it's just that they're too fiddly when you're only going a short distance. Never mind - I'll just have to get used to it.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mmm.. slings are for punters Very Happy A tie is allowed though.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmm...the sling is just for when we end up in a cheap hotel which is a seven mile walk uphill to the lifts! It spends most of the time tucked in my suitcase gathering dust - does that get me out of being a punter? Confused
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Possibly but it does drag you down to the level of cheapskate, Seven mile walk to the lifts .... may also be in need of psychiatric care Exclamation
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well yes....I was exagerating slightly in my haste to get out of the punter category! But I could count as a cheapskate as it's the only way I can feed my addiction for skiing as often as I do! Which possibly mean I need the psychiatrist anyway to help break free of my obsessions with skiing and Snowheads!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
homphomp, put the most rearward brake on top over your shoulder and march on! Wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ssh, It doesn't matter which way up they are or how tightly I've jammed them together they slide apart and fall off my shoulder - or try to cut a hole in my neck! But the skis are just great so I'll learn to live with it....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
homphomp wrote:
Hmm...the sling is just for when we end up in a cheap hotel which is a seven mile walk uphill to the lifts! It spends most of the time tucked in my suitcase gathering dust - does that get me out of being a punter? Confused

Yes, skis are carried in three ways for non-punter status :

1. Over your shoulder.
2. racked onto a rucksack for a walk/abseil in.
3. on the rack on the roof of the car.

Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What about,

4. Gripped nonchalantly with one hand.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
marc gledhill, and slice straight throught your Hestras?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
masopa, hey chap, nice to see you back. The big question is - are you engaged??
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
marc gledhill wrote:
What about,

4. Gripped nonchalantly with one hand.

Ah yes, fair enough for the casual placement into the passing gondala etc. No good over, say 20m unless it's a line for gondola etc Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
masopa wrote:

Nah, I keep them well away from my body NehNeh
snow report
marc gledhill wrote:
masopa wrote:

Nah, I keep them well away from my body NehNeh

My hestras have over 60 days use and are still just fine ski carrying and all.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy