Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"Ski Cities", from China to Austria, Argentina to Canada

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sally Brookes of The Independent looks at 5 "cities" with skiing on their doorstep - some a bit more city-like than others!

Beijing (China), Queenstown (New Zealand), Bariloche (Argentina), Innsbruck (Austria) and Banff (Canada) are the choices. Click here.

She makes some interesting points.
Quote:
The success of Banff as a world-leading ski destination was laid out over a century ago when Swiss mountain guides led climbers on first ascents of the surrounding peaks and established the first hotels.

Quote:
Host to two modern Winter Olympics, in 1964 and 1976, the organisational skills [of Innsbruck] are perpetuated today in the form of a very efficient infrastructure for winter sports fans. Stay in a central four-star hotel at bargain winter prices and a free bus service will transport you to one of eight ski areas around the city that participate in the Glacier Pass.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote from the Article

"Bariloche, Argentina

Yet to be discovered by most European and even North American skiers"

I wouldnt agree with being un-discovered by North Americans. They have been skiing in South America for years & nearly all English speaking people I haave heard in Bariloche are North Americans.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Banff is as far removed from a city as you could imagine. Queenstown and Bariloche are no more than large towns. How about Vancouver, Calgary, Salt Lake City, Boston, Salzburg, Geneva, Quebec, Oslo, Sapporo, Sarajevo...?
To be fair to the article, Innsbruck would still come out tops I think - for the skiing anyway, I don't know how much "urban cool" it exudes.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy