Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Piste markers as souvenirs/gifts?

Poster: A snowHead
livetoski, Mine arrived in time for the Birthday Party the other day, so many thanks for whatever strings you pulled.

Anyone else, These make a GREAT gift for any skier. They are highly recommended
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
livetoski wrote:
northernsoulboy,

Finally got your sign if you email me your address will send out for you Very Happy

Thanks L2S - looks great on my office wall and cheers me up to look at it on snow free days...

Recommended to any and all.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When I used to play rugby at uni on away trips we used to try and steal anything we could lay our hands on...best steal was an opposition scrum half this was a retaliatory steal as they had our hooker... we bought him drinks all night but him up and gave him his train fair home the next morning... don't think I could ever bring myself to pinch anything like a piste marker though?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
II wrote:
When I used to play rugby at uni on away trips we used to try and steal anything we could lay our hands on...best steal was an opposition scrum half this was a retaliatory steal as they had our hooker... we bought him drinks all night but him up and gave him his train fair home the next morning... don't think I could ever bring myself to pinch anything like a piste marker though?

They're not stolen, they're replicas. (Read from the start of the thread.) Would agree entirely about nicking real ones - they have a purpose!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
These are absolutely AWESOME!

I'm going to order one for my brother's birthday. Just need to double check the layout/spelling for Combe de Saulire in Courchevel.

I'd love a La Face one, I'm kind of tempted to get it for myself....

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 16-09-12 11:46; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Piccadilly, These things are quite widely available now and at varying prices Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Someone round here is coining it on sales of little roadsigns to mad cyclists.

snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boredsurfin wrote:
Piccadilly, These things are quite widely available now and at varying prices Toofy Grin

I've never seen them before, have I been living in a cave?

Where else can you get them?!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lizzard wrote:

I know a mad cyclist who would love one of those
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Timberwolf, northernsoulboy, thanks for the updates on the signs, I think I am OK to post the following pic of the wedding table signs we did, as the wedding has now taken place Toofy Grin

snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
livetoski, great idea.
We had the logos printed out onto large cards of 15 different ski resorts that all meant something to our daughter and her now husband and/or us for their wedding back in December. Hope the wedding went well!
northernsoulboy, I saw similar signs in a shop in Morzine just last week - I think they were somewhere around 12 euros.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Solved the what should I gt for my B.I.L. for Christmas problem. Ahorn Talabfahrt, 5, Mayrhofen. He'll absolutely love it.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
livetoski wrote:
the 30cm ends up looking smaller than it really is Shocked

Perhaps you should have used a narrower ski?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
northernsoulboy wrote:
Lizzard wrote:

I know a mad cyclist who would love one of those

+1
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
northernsoulboy, Boredsurfing, they're about 7€ or so I think. If you're that desperate then let me know which col and I'll post one.
ski holidays
I wouldn't say I was desperate but if it's no hassle I wouldn't mind seeing the Col du Tourmalet or maybe Mont Ventoux...?
snow report
northernsoulboy, hm, not sure they have those, what with them not being very local. I'll have a look next time I'm out.
snow report
Merci beaucoup M Lizzard.
ski holidays
Piccadilly wrote:
These are absolutely AWESOME!

I'm going to order one for my brother's birthday. Just need to double check the layout/spelling for Combe de Saulire in Courchevel.

Ordered!

The piste map says it's Combe Saulire (no 'de'), and it looks as though the Courchevel piste markers have just a big number and the piste name on them, so that's what I've ordered. I've tried to get it to look authentic!
snow conditions
Piccadilly, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

should be no problem on the text etc all the signs are round though so can not do the yellow drop shape on the 3V signs

the boarder and layout are cool I have pics of the 3V signs as well

Thank you
ski holidays
^ oh that's fine, I wasn't expecting the teardrop bit as well.

Thanks very much livetoski, I'm really looking forward to seeing it!
latest report
livetoski, it arrived today and looks absolutely BRILLIANT, thank you!

ski holidays
Piccadilly, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy there is a nice pic on our Facebook page as well Toofy Grin
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151153045174178&set=a.150404349177.111439.150393364177&type=1&theater
snow report
Just took delivery of one of livetoski's markers - the first piste the OH ever skied down - and it looks absolutely superb. Great service - recommend wholeheartedly.
latest report

Bespoke Piste Marker
Thanks great sign we enjoyed making it Very Happy
snow conditions
and I've banked the necessary brownie points to add another cricket tour into my summer. Everyone's a winner!
latest report
@northernsoulboy, Wow thanks again for the idea just over 4 years ago now since we supplied our first sign, some 1,000 plus signs later still going strong, funny how a small idea can turn into something quite important Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
That's good to hear, @livetoski, snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@livetoski, we have been talking for ages about having something like this for our chalet in Les Gets. I will pm you with some details and see what you could do.
snow conditions
livetoski wrote:
@northernsoulboy, Wow thanks again for the idea just over 4 years ago now since we supplied our first sign, some 1,000 plus signs later still going strong, funny how a small idea can turn into something quite important Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Mon plaisir. There's a guy just posted looking for them, too.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy