Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The All New 12/13 Weather Outlook Thread

Poster: A snowHead
models have more decent snowfall hitting the UK going into next week... hope the forecast holds Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Liking the GFS charts for the Arlberg, looks like another drop in temps on the cards just in time for our arrival, and perhaps some slope refreshing April showers Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitenski, yep GFS suggesting some very cold weather for the time of year from next weekend.

Arlberg

Chamonix

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
nozawaonsen, If I read ECM correctly they are also going for colder temps aren't they??? Smile

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ecmwf.php?ech=168&mode=100&map=0&archive=0
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks to be staying nice and cold for Scotland as well

the season just keeps going snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
the most spectacular spring skiing day today - super snow, warm temperatures, wall to wall sun. Shame I was baby minding and acting as ambulance pick up for a bashed knee. The folk who were out skiing and boarding assured me it was epic. snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It was epic thats safe to say...gorgeous skiing and first time in 10 years whole family on snow
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

first time in 10 years whole family on snow

snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For something a little different here's The Grasshopper's first take on snow Down Under this season.

http://mountainwatch.com/snow-news/20120126/SNOW-SEASON-OUTLOOK-2013---Australia
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
And the same for New Zealand...

http://www.mountainwatch.com/snow-news/20120183/SNOW-SEASON-OUTLOOK-2013---New-Zealand

Patience...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nozawaonsen, What's your view on the Arlberg for next week? GFS showing a cold spell until 10th/11th with perhaps some snow over the weekend?? Bergfex seems to concur with hint of more snow a week on Thurs but that's a long ways off!!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kitenski, looks pretty cold to start the week, but there's clearly a move to warmer conditions as the week goes on, then possibly very warm as we hit mid month. All about timing, aspect, corn and loving the moguls as it gets warmer. Plus of course surreptitiously checking out the rest of the terrace from behind your shades as it heats up. Have a great trip!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi

Am off to Les Arcs on Sunday staying in Arc 2000. Weather looks to be a mixed bag of cold temps (but not too baltic), passing snow showers and some sunny periods.

Is this a fair appraisal of the forecast for next week or have a missed something and we are actually in for wall to wall sunshine with warm temps !! Puzzled

Regards
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Griggs, Its what we are expecting just round the corner in Tignes. Think early March instead of early April. Although from Tuesday the daytime zero degree isotherm climbs to around 2100 so shouldn't be too bad.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi

Glad to see I got it right. No need for a major repack now !!

Have a great time in Tignes - was in Val Claret in January and it was really good.

Regards
Very Happy
latest report
Looking ahead the lengthy colder than average period looks certain to collapse in the coming week with substantially warmer than average weather taking control from the weekend.
latest report
10-20cm (possibly a bit more in the Arlberg) of fresh snow down to around 1500m on Friday, before a fine sunny and warm spring weekend. Nice.

http://www2.wetter3.de/Animation_00_UTC_05Grad/180_24.gif
ski holidays
We had 21 cms over the last two days - better take advantage now, before spring arrives in earnest. Fair bit of rain before the end of the week, except at the highest altitudes, by the look of it.
ski holidays
Looks like the breakdown will finanlly arrive here tomorrow.

We have had more than 2 months of no rain and very dry air, with humidity often below 30% humidity. It looks and feels like central Europe at the end of March.

There is still lots of snow on the hills with the pennine and Lake district tows still operational and a HUGE amount of snow in parts of Scotland. Next week however looks wet and windy and the snow will probably start to dissappear in northern England quite quickly from saturday afternoon.

Still, its been an amzing ski season , 6 months so far, and probably still further to go. Given that it is still snowing in Scotland perhaps this weekend will be the high point for their maximum accummulation ........ unless things turn colder again this spring ?
ski holidays
Been raining heavily in Innsbruck today, snowing up top at Axamer Lizum, Stubaier Glacier, Nordkette, etc.
ski holidays
It was 22 degrees in Albertville this afternoon. Shocked But sleet turning to snow up on the mountain now; forecast to snow to 1300m tonight. The hills were alive today with the sound of melted snow rushing down every available gulley, culvert and drainpipe.

Maybe a few hours out on the slopes tomorrow morning, before the temperatures go tropical. snowHead
ski holidays
nozawaonsen, What's your view on the Val Thorens \ 3 Valleys area from next weekend, or is it too soon?
pam w, yesterday reported 22 degrees in Albertville. Shocked
latest report
Beautiful day today. Snow was excellent this morning but starting to go very slushy on south facing slopes now.

Weather next weeks looks spectacular with temperatures way above average for the time of year and plenty of sunshine. Sitting on terraces weather; we have been starved of sun for so long. I plan to go for lots of walks down in the valleys and enjoy the flowers.
snow conditions
FraserP, temperatures have flipped into a much warmer set up. It's certainly going to be warn running up to the 22 April. There's a fair amount of spread, but I'd still suspect it would be relatively warm for the time of year.

So stay high, hope for sun, pack some shades and get ready for some fun spring skiing.

ski holidays
Course another tactic would be to pack lots of touring and avi gear and hit the terrace early and lounge around all day, but give everyone the impression that you were on the Dawn Patrol.
latest report
nozawaonsen wrote:
Course another tactic would be to pack lots of touring and avi gear and hit the terrace early and lounge around all day, but give everyone the impression that you were on the Dawn Patrol.
I can definitely do that!
Just being in the mountains will be good! Very Happy
snow conditions
Awesome spring conditions in the Kalkkoegel today, perfect for a solo tour. Got up too late for any chance of powder, but I'll happily settle for corn instead wink

DSC02214 by Clarkleberry Finn, on Flickr
snow report
clarky999, looks terrific!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is that bloke was imbibing alcohol through his eye? Hardcore.

Looking forward to some mountain sunshine from next weekend in the 3V Pinky
ski holidays
Looking at the latest runs warmer temperatures may ease up around 19/20 April with fresh snow down to 1300-1500m.
ski holidays
Very warm and sunny in the Alps today. Should be lovely. Still looking at a cooler interlude around 20 April which could bring 10-20cm of snow to places.
latest report
Went cycling at Lake Annecy today. Any warmer and it would have been too hot for enjoyable walking or cycling. The lake was blue, the distant mountains were white, there were loads of people sunbathing, winter-white skins turning a fetching shade of pink. The snow, when I drove back up to 1500m, looked like it had suffered a great deal in the last 48 hours.
snow report
We drove past the school in Samoens this morning and children were walking there in shorts and sunhats.
snow report
Quote:

children were walking there in shorts and sunhats.

Laughing Laughing I did see two lads strip down to nothing and jump off the top of a boat into the lake at annecy - their friends were egging them on. They got out pretty smartly and there was very little to see. wink
snow report
Oh well, another seasons comes and goes. Seems to fly past nowadays, I expect I will now check out of this site and return around september time.

Goodbye until next year.
snow conditions
New Zealand’s Mt Hutt celebrates first major snow fall

http://www.mountainwatch.com/snow-news/20120714/New-Zealand-#8217;s-Mt-Hutt-celebrates-first-major-snow-fall
latest report
I guess we are waiting for 13/14 weather thread. Sigh...
snow conditions
Meanwhile "Winter arrives at Mt Hutt."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/christchurch-life/8642948/Winter-arrives-at-Mt-Hutt
ski holidays
Beer and sunbathing weather today, lovely.

A few people have told me (one who's father is Mountain Rescue, so presumably know's what he's talking about) that it'll snow down to 1000m on Sunday...
snow conditions
When does the 'all new 2013/2014 weather forecast start'? Is it indecently early? I've got 2 bookings in our apartment already and I want to be able to tell them what the weather will be like. Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy