Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone been to Pamporovo

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just looking at a trip for January 06 and although the skiing area seems a little small the value for money (£890 for two adults half board 4* Hotel and includes ski hire and lift pass) is excellent. Anyone been ? Any views ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Paul I'm sure we have discussed this place before. I know we have been and so has Ise. It is very small but has some nice tree lined skiing. I'd say it was a good place for a beginner but I think you would ski the resort in a day. There is just one mountain with a radio tower sort of thing on it. Maybe a search would be helpful to you. snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Paul Mason, I went there for a week in the 80's. It's a small resort, with little challenging skiing. We had good food and accommodation, but it can vary. Tuition was very good, and hire kit was good.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Borovets anyone ?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Paul Mason, The official website says there are 17.5km of slopes and a 276m vertical. If you're a family of beginners then it might be good value for money, but it's a fraction of the size of most popular French or Austrian resorts. It depends what level you're at and what you're looking for. I think for value for money, you could also do better.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would be very interested in where is better value for money. You have to remember kamikaze, Newcastle has very few flights which are suitable to airports in France / Austria.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Paul

Bansko may be an option. All new lifts. 65kms of piste. 300+ restaurants. Very good value for money. Have a look at our website it will give you lots of info about Bansko
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i too went there in the 80's when it was still very much a communist state and very quirky.

I enjoyed the skiing there but it was a bit limited, probably changed a bit since then.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There is more information on Bansko here at our site.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Isn't Andorra pretty cheap still?? Tax free and all that, as well as reasonable skiing areas.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Paul, from Newcastle you can get fairly good prices easyjet flights to nice (about £42 return incl) in January, and Isola 2000 or other southern Alp resorts are only a short drive or bus ride from there.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Been a couple of times now, and going again. If you are an intermediate/advanced skier, I doubt you'll find it very challenging. Bansko may be more to you liking. One thing about all the bulgarian resorts though is the price. If you're new to skiing/boarding, and want to give it a go then you could do a lot worse than saving yourself a few quid until you get better.
We've been 6 times now, and going again first, and third week of January (Borovets and Pamporovo). For us, it's as much about meeting old friends as it is the the skiing, but then we're not the "hardcore" Very Happy
Check the forum on www.skidvd.co.uk if you need specific info about anything.

Hope this helps?
Philthy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Been a couple of times now, and going again. If you are an intermediate/advanced skier, I doubt you'll find it very challenging. Bansko may be more to you liking. One thing about all the bulgarian resorts though is the price. If you're new to skiing/boarding, and want to give it a go then you could do a lot worse than saving yourself a few quid until you get better.
We've been 6 times now, and going again first, and third week of January (Borovets and Pamporovo). For us, it's as much about meeting old friends as it is the the skiing, but then we're not the "hardcore" Very Happy
Check the forum on www.skidvd.co.uk if you need specific info about anything.

Hope this helps?
Philthy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Philthy, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cheers Ian Very Happy
I've been trawling around the net, and bumped into this site..very useful. As you've probably seen, I've got my own website, but will certainly be pointing people in this directon if they need other info. In fact, that reminds me, one of our members is giving cervinia a try, I'll forward him this link.

Philthy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy