Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TRANSFERS from Lyon & Grenoble Airports

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Try this link. http://www.mountaintransfers.com
It seems a lot cheaper than some of the quotes above.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bernard Condon, unless you already get a good deal through Hertz try www.travelsupermarket.com. They search all the suppliers and find the best price.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar.org.uk, Do you hire from the French or the International side of the airport?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bernard Condon, the Swiss side. It's easier to navigate to/from than the French side, and by law all Swiss hire cars come with chains and winter tyres so you don't have to add these supplements to the cost of your car hire.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bernard Condon, the French side car hire is closed at that time anyway. Also the Swiss cars have the motorway sticker on them, so you don't have to fork out for that.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks Helen Beaumont, and rob@rar.org.uk, I feel I have a straight choice between Geneva and Lyons and so I had better check them both out! Travelsupermarket is a great site! My Hertz quote was £0.35 cheaper with a Mastercard discount! I am going via Lyons in early December and will book a Geneva excursion for january! I recall reading some snowHead posts on navigating from Geneva etc, so I will check these out from the archive.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bernard Condon, the journey from Geneva is very easy, and if you go via Annecy driving alongside the lake is a lovely route.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar.org.uk,

A long time since I have done it so I might be a bit off with the timing,
Apologies if way off the mark..!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Colin B, It IS strange, given that pretty much all the infrastructure is there, that there isn't a direct train service from Lyon to Bourg with stops at the various resort kick-off points!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bernard Condon,Yes there is, it goes from Lyon Par-Dieu via Chambery, Albertville, Moutiers and Aime to Bourg St Maurice. It also stops at a few smaller stations like Landry for Villandry, I can't think of many, if any, stops that are missed.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 2-10-05 16:31; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David@traxvax, I meant Lyons Airport to Bourg St. Maurice, without changing at Chambery - much like a shuttle service. I presume when you say 'via' Chambery, one has to change trains there?

It would be so convenient to arrive at Lyons airport, descend to the train and go - loading luggage etc only once!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bernard Condon, not all the trains have to stop at Chambery but I think there are only one or two direct trains each day. I agree it would be nice to go straight from the airport but there was a shuttle bus service from St Expurey to Lyon centre and also to Chambery.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy