Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurostar Ashford?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dumb question but is boarding at Ashford a simple process or are there airport like border controls, bags scanned etc..Do we need to allow any time there or is it like any normal train station?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If it's the same as St. Pancras, then there will be a search, hopefully not by someone as rude as mine when I went. This is after barriers that open when you hold up your QR code to the reader, and before a couple of utterly disinterested Frogs glance at your passport and shove it at you. The whole thing is max. ten minutes. Straight on to the train afterwards!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
andersont, Thanks. Yes I love the French review of passports compared to UK border control. Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah. I sometimes rather like the Frogs' attitude to public service. There is so much more leeway for common sense and people who know the score there. Fewer throbbers try and hide behind laws to disguise laziness, although once you've mastered the art of prodding a reluctant French official to do their job the world is your oyster.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thefatcontroller, Please do a report on here about the journey, as I hope to use the train more regularly once I'm not tied to school holidays Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thefatcontroller, I once got on at Ashford. It was very simple. They do a passport control type check so you want to allow 15 minutes or so to get through. It wasn't too busy though, and all well managed.

For parking, we agreed with Premier Inn that we'd leave the car there for a £20 donation to their charity box. Which was a lot cheaper than parking at the station. I dropped the family off, parked and walked back (20 mins approx I think). Taxi would have been £5 each way.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ray Zorro, Have read about the Premier Inn but in the whole cost of the holiday I haven't got the energy for doing this thanks. Its going to be a very lazy week away without kids.

Boredsurfing, Will do, its a complete DIY, no agency used to book train. Booked Eurostar and TGV on line. Very simple. The rail europe website is awful, much easier to go on the TGV site direct. Using the overnights each way out of Paris and Bourg. Will obviously give full report when we get back but it is cost from Ashford to Bourg, with couchettes out of Paris, £190 each. Much cheaper than flying and hiring
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
At Eurostar Ashford at the moment. Just had a 1st in a lifetime experience. A chatty, smiling French passport officer. Bizarre. Having to have a beer to get over shock
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Will do full report when I get home as promised however on the parking front I went in the multi storey which is £11 a day as everyone knows. However as I was leaving I saw an NCP guy I asked him if this was the cheapest option. He told me NCP have an outdoor car park (car park D) 2 minutes away that was £5 a day. So he let me out and went there. It's on the left just before you turn right into the set down area. Nice £42 saved and at £5 a day not worth hassle of using Welcome Inn. Empty secure car park. Multi storey packed.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy