Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do you really need a hot shower after a day on the slopes?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
No - a complete waste of valuable drinking time. A cold shower in the morning is an invigorating experience and only wuses would want it any other way. I find it a little disturbing that a thread like this even exists, when our boys and girls are out in Afganistan putting their lives on the line for Queen and country. Just my two penneth, but never the less food for thought rolling eyes by the way invest in merino socks and base layers you will come a lot lower down on the odour ometer. Toofy Grin
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Not true.

really?...

I'm insured for representation if anyone tries to sue me, that is what the insurance is for.

Please apply a little bit of context to what you read... do you really think this would outrun the 'financial limits'.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
flangesax, yeah you've probably got an excess of several grand on the policy - a medium/big TO certainly would. The OP's claim would probably be under that. You could refer small cases to your insurer but (a) they'd advise you to settle it and (b) them taking it on would be bad for your renewal premium.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Happy ending after all!
It took several letters but I eventually got a cash refund plus a discount off a future trip with the TO.
Thanks for all your interest.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Happy ending after all!
It took several letters but I eventually got a cash refund plus a discount off a future trip with the TO.

good news! Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No hot water means they are in breach of their hotel grading level:

"All mechanisms and equipments are functional and in
faultless condition."
http://www.hotelstars.eu/userfiles/files/German%20Hotel%20Classification%202010-2014_excl%20%20Logo.pdf

Failure to meet that standard means they could lose their grading.. Point them at that point if you need to.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Patricksh wrote:

They know you will never bring this to court and pay a lawyer thousands to get 100 euro compo. Don't even use that threat

it's very cheap and easy to sue these days and you don't need lawyers. My view is that you should just get on and do it - the sooner they have a writ to concentrate their mind the better.

I'm with Bode Swiller, on this one. Just issue the small claim and be done with it. It'll cost you nothing more than the stamp fee (depends how much you are claiming but it's not a lot of money). You don't need a lawyer, just do it yourself (you can even do them online in NI - don't know if that's available where you are).

Despite some SH's pessimistic predictions I think you have a pretty good chance of success in such a claim. Be realistic in your claim form though, i.e. i'm pretty sure you wouldn't get the whole cost of the holiday back, but you might want to break down your holiday cost into flight/accom/lift pass/transfer and sue for the notional accomm fee. I bet you win.

I don't agree with the name and shame thing in these circumstances. I'd wait until you've finished your small claim and got a judgment.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Guys... Did you miss this bit? He's already got it sorted...

DCG wrote:
Happy ending after all!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bobmcstuff, Yeah but why consider the OP at the expense of keeping the thread going wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy