Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for an used sitski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi! I'm a spañish guy and i'm looking for an used sitski. If somebody sells one or know somebody that sells one please let me know. My first options are tessier scarver or vertical flex, but I've been searching in many webs and i didn't find neither of them.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Pablete,

We have several skiers also looking to find a second-hand mono. I have spoken to both the BDST and CSDST but all of their athletes are either happy with their current kit, or have already passed their equipment on.

It may be worth asking on the American forums as one of our MK skiers recently found a second-hand bob and was able to import it + ski + riggers for less than a brand new one, including tax.

Best of luck with your search.

Charlie
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is a new sitski available in the US just launched this year and has been very well received by the people that have been testing it, as an introductory offer it is been offered at a discounted price of $4950 (about £3200). You can read more about it here http://dynaccessltd.com/ A friend who currently uses a tessier dual-ski got into this and after one run on the beginner slope was straight up the chairlift, and because of the design was able to load himself something he wasn't able to do in the tessier.

Maine adaptive sports and recreation will have one of these ski's for next season (this years season finishes 1st April), for the record I have no connection with Dynaccess but I am an instructor at Maine Adaptive http://www.maineadaptive.org/
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Markarina wrote:
been offered at a discounted price of $4950 (about £3200).

Shocked

A Praschberger Mono ski will cost the same as that with ski and outriggers. This sit ski is pretty much a copy of the prasch.

Pablete good luck in trying to find someone willing to sell a second hand ski rig I have be looking since November and only had one lead that came to nothing. Best chance of a second hand is from america but these sit skis are normally Kevin Brambles or shadows check out www.adaptivesportsforums.com

Good luck

Graeme
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
[quote="Markarina"]There is a new sitski available in the US just launched this year and has been very well received by the people that have been testing it, as an introductory offer it is been offered at a discounted price of $4950 (about £3200). You can read more about it here http://dynaccessltd.com/ A friend who currently uses a tessier dual-ski got into this and after one run on the beginner slope was straight up the chairlift, and because of the design was able to load himself something he wasn't able to do in the tessier.

Yep, £3200 is not that cheap... Ufortunately I havent had a chance to ski in this model or teach in it, but from the photos I can def. see is not the right model for all disabled people wanting to ski in mono, eg after higher spinal cord injuries. The seat is a basic plastic seat, high back is not high enough to provide enough support and stability,... There might be some other options that I am not aware of.
I am interested in chair lift loading system used in it. It would be great to see how does it work as I think that Tessier models got it sorted very well. Anyone who has skied in it? Any feedback?

Dom
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
What sort of price could I get for a second hand Prash in good condition..any thoughts?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For Sale - Freedom Factory Mogul Master Monoski inc Outriggers, FF Monster Binding and ski. Search ebay form my listing item number 181182009979. PM me for any details you may need. I have used this to demo and teach from as I am an AB Adaptive Instructor so it is relatively lightly used for it's age, Still in good working order for a beginner to intermediate skier. Would need a new seat if you are above T10 plus the seat is fairly wide as I bought it originally on a "fit anyone with low injury" basis.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm training at MK with DSUK so in the near future I'm hoping to get my self preferably a good used sitski, if any one has one for sale in UK or Europe please drop me a message.

Cheers

Nick
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Nick,

Please let me know some more info about yourself, regarding your disability,....
You can email me on dom@activetherapy.eu Will check what you need and if I can help you with.
Regards, Dom
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi,
I have a good condition used Praschberger Monoski that will be up for sale shortly. It has a 36cm seat width and comes with a 160 Head carving ski and big fat powder 170 Volkl. pm me if you like.

Regards
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
beaudog,

Hi, My hip width is about 38cm so I'm not sure how I'll fit. What is the back height and how tall are you?

Where are you ?

Cheers

Nick
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
beaudog wrote:
Hi,
I have a good condition used Praschberger Monoski that will be up for sale shortly. It has a 36cm seat width and comes with a 160 Head carving ski and big fat powder 170 Volkl. pm me if you like.

Regards

One of my skiers might be interested, can you please email me some photos of your Prasch?
Regards, Dom
dom@activetherapy.eu
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy