Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nevada Sports - Tignes. How much does it cost??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Thinking of getting new boots after skiing in Feb this year and getting a bit of trouble (mine are 10 years old now). I'll be in Tignes in April and am thinking of paying Franck at Nevada Sports a visit.

Can anyone say how much it costs (compared to other shops) to buy boots from here? I ski an average of 1 or 2 weeks a year, so I'm willing to spend enough for the right boot. I know it depends entirely on which boot suits me, but I don't want to spend £400 for a boot from Franck which would be £200 anywhere else.

Would appreciate any comments or other recommendations!

Thanks all
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
darv, Its back to Jo-Jo (Franck's father in law). I bought mine there about 5 years ago (and next pair - due next season. I dont recall paying a premium over any other shop and you can go back as many times as you like for small adjustments - if you ski down past the Chardoonet drag you can hop across the road and show him the bits (of your feet) that are red!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's my birthday on Tuesday so will be heading across on to make an appointment that day! I'll let you know how much it costs when i've been in for my fitting etc.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks both. Will be interesting to see the latest info!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hey darv, ,
I went in today to organise a bootfitting, but he was empty so saw me right then. I'm going through the BASI system so wanted a stiff race boot that I can use for my courses as well as for my Eurotest when i do that.
He fitted me in the Technica Inferno 130 boots, which Ski Bartlett are selling for £440. He sold me them for €430, instead of the €470 they should be, and I am going in on Thursday, having skied them for a couple of days for further adjustments which are included in that price.
Obviously he has other boots for less advanced skiers too and I assume he is priced equally if not even more competitively for them.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
this guy is one of the best fitters that i have come across, does anyone know how early in the season he opens?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not sure when Jo-Jo opens in the autumn season but he was there for the opening of the E-K on 30 Nov last season
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I had some work done mid November two years ago.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am in Tignes now looking for Navada sports...having difficulty locating where it is...has he retired and closed?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@lampbus, Yes he has, it was on Rue de la Piste, close to the Eterlou Resto. I think its now an estate agents (Yes another one!)
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@chocksaway, thankyou for the update, now I just need to find his spiritual replacement.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@lampbus, I bought boots in Mountain Story yesterday. Needed a tweak after I'd skied a couple of runs but now fit great.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@chocksaway, as a local who’s taken over the baton from Nevada? I got mine fitted there a few of years ago. I’m trying to find out for a mate of mine who will be there new years week. He just needs a decent recreational boot that won’t turn into a set of wellies ideally from some in le lac who knows what they are doing…..
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ajc2260626, I have used Jean Charles in Guy Clareys Sport 2000 on Rue de La Poste, he used to be in Ski fast. He would suit your requirement, that's if he's not retired as I think he has just reached the magic French age or will do next April.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy