Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes - where to stay

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The idea of an earlyish trip to Tignes is appealing, around mid December (snow permitting). I'm not anticipating that it'll be too busy not to be able to get something last minute to ensure there's reasonable snow.

I'll be on my own, and looking for somewhere near Le Lac or Val Claret. Somewhere more on the lively side, not too much of a stagger to and from the lifts. Ideally HB. Other than that, not too fussed.

Has anyone any recommendations/experiences? And if there is anybody out there that might also fancy a trip, why not put your name down. Thinking of doing the train thing to maximise the skiing time and it sounds like a laugh. Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depending on the snow, the Grande Motte funicular may be your main option, in which case you should definitely be in Val Claret rather than anywhere else in Tignes.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have skiied the week before Christmas week (approx 12-20 Dec) for several years and have stayed in Val d'Isere. There has been enough snow, so could ski both Tignes and Val d'Isere. Most of both resorts has been open, plus both connecting routes. The resorts were generally quiet the week before Christmas; some people arriving at the weekend before Christmas. Most short stay people aim to arrive 22-24 Dec.

Eve, you said "snow permitting". Tignes and Val d'Isere have very good snow histories even in mid December so I would recommend going for it and booking now to make sure you get the accomodation that you want.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Eve Rest, What exactly are your dates ? 18 Dec onwards ? If so most Tour Ops wil be operating.... Val Claret definitly the best option if the snow is bad ?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Eve Rest, try Thomson / Crystal Ski. They had Club Hotel Curling (I think) for £90 !
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was there for the 2nd week of December last season with SCGB, which books out the Mark Warner hotel in Le Lac. While the hotel was great, and the main gondola lifting up to the back of Val C (can't recall lift/piste name) was working, and as Adrian says some of connecting routes between Val d'Isere and Tignes were open, virtually all the enjoyably skiable snow was still only above Val C. As Plake suggests, it would've been nice to be staying in Val C and not wasting so much time schlepping up to the snow. Val D and Le Lac are so close together that it's less than 5mins by bus between the two - if you stay in Val C but find it's not lively enough, you can easily pop down to Le Lac (and stumble home after the last bus.....)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy