Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

DIN chart differences...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just thought I'd throw this in for a laugh...

I've looked at the Terry Morse chart, that has been linked to and referred to on occassion here. It's from 1996.
Compared it to the 2004/05 Salomon chart.

There are differences.

Some of the current ones are 0.5 higher. There is also a top end skier code of P.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I got the Salomon '05-06 Technical Manual For Ski Bindings...' at the recent tech seminar I attended. The main difference between it & the Tery Morse chart I've seen is the addition of the following skier types:

Type 1- (ie 1 minus): For skiers looking for lower release settings than Type 1 & also for beginners of 25 years of age.
Type 3+: For very strong skiers on challenging terrain.

I didn't realise until I did the recent seminar that the French have their own release setting chart, or charts to be precise as they have seperate charts for male & female skiers. Apparently the European Standards folk are monitoring both systems v injuries etc with a view to adopting the best system. The Salomon guy reckoned that so far the injury rate/type/severity seemed equal with both systems.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Any links to either ones?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
spyderjon, yeah the 1- and 3+ in the 04/05 manual too.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wear The Fox Hat, ANY recent mention of release Snowblades (TM)? Wouldn't be surprised if they devise a third chart for those.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
comprex, no mention in the manuals.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Murdoch wrote:
Any links to either ones?

I've PM'd you.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I always thought that a rough guide was your weight in kilo's divided by 10.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It is a rough guide but for the trouble of having a look at a a chart it is worth getting it right. If i use your formula it works out as 1 whole setting higher than using a chart. IMHO I don't think it is worth the risk of not doing it properly.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
comprex, no mention in the manuals.

That's because they are rubbish.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
flicksta, too right!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
How does this one compare?

Finding DIN Setting Method!

Bit late with this, been on holiday, great to be back Sad
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rich, That's the old Marker chart I think. Doesn't have the 1- & 3+ ability categories.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy