Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Moose shoots skier

Poster: A snowHead
No, it didn't happen. I just started this thread to balance the argument.

Of course, if you know of a moose that shot a skier - or can invent a credible story - please share the details.

Stand up for meese.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David you are quite mad you know Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
meese
Sure that's not a French mouse? Smile

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 21-03-04 22:29; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
David Goldsmith, according to JackHodgson you may be wrong about the plural of Moose.
However, coz we live in a democracy, you may be able to influence the prevailing opinion and change it to Meese if you so wish by voting here .
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah right! Shocked But what's the collective noun?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Moose
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Goose -> Geese
Moose -> Meese

Wake up!!!!

In Montana, I'm sure that moose have shot skiers! It's Montana for goodness sake! Twisted Evil
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ssh, a herd of meese? Not in my dictionary! I don't know, what these Americans have done to the English language Wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PG, herd? Do meese go around in herds? Or is meese the plural of mouse? I can never remember... Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jonpim, I tried to vote (for things with big horns) but it wouldn't let me Sad
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It's a mischief or a nest of mice . . .
Alces alces of genus Cervidae . . .oop brainfart!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
collective noun : a herd of moose

try : rinkworks OR ojahaven sites ( link does not work )
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Why ? I'm sorry but Why ? ..... Answers on a postcard please to

The chap with a moose on his head
sitting on his own
in the corner of the bar NehNeh
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Why? The bible says so. (The New Oxford English Dictionary, and guide to how the Queen's English should be spoken/written).....

Or to save argument, we could always call them elks instead. Ot should that be elk? (Quick check, apparently both are acceptable).
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
So that's a gang of elk, but a bit of research shows that since moose are not herd animals they don't have a plural or collective noun so it's got to be . . .

a bullwinkle of mooses . . . I knew those saturday mornings in the 60s weren't wasted! Toofy Grin
latest report
Masque, that was very Rocky you know Wink
ski holidays
There is a serious point to this thread, though more jokes are welcome after this ecological break.

Presumably meese (sorry) attack skiers because skiers invade their natural habitat. Reference has been made, by a professed lover of the outdoors and off-piste skiing, to a 'mad moose', . This may justify a bullet - in the mind of the moose assassin - but is the moose mad for patrolling the land it instinctively believes is his?

"Skier shoots skier" is a phenomenon we are very familiar with, though it's not obvious. It doesn't happen on the slopes - piste rage has not reached urban levels yet - but you can be sure that skiers are shooting each other in cities.

So who's really mad? The moose, or the gun toter?
latest report
Whether the moose's behaviour was 'normal' or not remains unclear - did the guy in question not suggest a brain autopsy to see if it was diseased? Assuming the skier comes across moose (meese, meeses whatever) regularly, he should know how they usually behave.

But of course, your point was clear from the outset. The moose, assuming no major maladies, was behaving no more insanely than you or I - all creatures are territorial and compete to survive, it's our genetic inheritance (one which humanity is a long way from rising above, unfortunately...)
latest report
Very true, amazing how many people are attacked by "wild ferocious "animals in all kind of situations, here in the new forest it is not unheard of for people to be attacked by the cows, pigs or ponies, usually because they were near said animals young, even in humans the mothers desire to protect her young has in the past led to extrodinary feets of heroism and also of violence.
snow report
As DG says, most animals (all?) will only attack when they feel threatened or there young are threatened. I believe males during the mating season can be a bit troublesome as well.

Mind you a moose is a big creature and I'm not sure how far I'd be willing to test ones pacificism Shocked
snow report
Ian Hopkinson wrote:
I believe males during the mating season can be a bit troublesome as well.

Mind you a moose is a big creature and I'm not sure how far I'd be willing to test ones pacificism

Well, Ian, if one took a shine to me, the rifle would be straight out and no mistake Shocked
snow report
marc gledhill, Little Angel Smile Very Happy
snow report
Here's the famous Woody Allen Moose Joke.

http://www.silvers.org/humor/woodyallen.html

One of his best, IMHO
ski holidays
Note that Woody Allen wasn't on skis when he shot the moose, so what was his excuse?. A lousy shot too, but I never saw him as a natural biathlete.

By the way, this is "Moose shoots skier". Ian - you'd get a more sympathetic audience for that script on "Skier shoots moose".
latest report
Pondered where to stick it but I thought as the 'spoof' thread it ought to go here - in the interests of balance.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy