Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

setback for entente cordiale?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.natives.co.uk/news/2004/03/21brit.htm
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PG, thanks for this article - I had no idea us Brits were doing so well this season (as usual it's Brits when you're Scottish).

Pity about the quote from Alain Baxter "It's been a great prelude to the rugby which of course they take so seriously" Crying or Very sad

And Finlay Mickel is quoted as "The rangy Edinburgh skier". What is "rangy"?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I suspect that the French were so incensed by the ski results that they had to win the rugby to save complete loss of face Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jonpim,
Quote:
What is "rangy"?

6'4", 91kgs.... hardly rangy!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PG, send that reporter to this site . I ticked "lots of hair" thinking of wild Scotsman careering down piste in kilt.
(6'4" and 91 kg - tall yes, but hardly skinny!)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
"Rangy"??? Not a huge amount of hair either, by the look of it....

FINLAY MICKEL
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks PG, as you say, not obviously hairy.
Can someone explain how lifting heavy weights above your head improves your skiing?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jonpim, The ski-study section of the Bourg Saint Maurice school (which has taught Olympic and world champs J L Crétier, Covili, Montillet among others) puts the pupils through an amazingly varied routine, right from the 1st year. Balance sports, strength training (comes slightly later), sports that encourage speed of reaction, you name it, they do it. Mentioned it in an earlier thread, but they practise interval training, cross country, rugby, gymnastics, football, basketball, wrestling, circus sports, and no doubt quite a few I've forgotten, through the year, even during the main ski season. They particularly like sports such as judo which combine different aspects - upper body strength, balance, speed of reaction, stamina, as well as the muscle/stamina combinations you need for short, sustained high energy bursts...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PG, a far longer repy than I was going to give. Jonpim, in all sports a degree of "cross" training is very useful. This is training not directly linked to the particular sport you participate in, but that has an activity that compliments it.

In competative skiing physical strength is an obvious advantage, so by weight training he increases that strength more than he would if he just skiied.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 23-03-04 21:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
marc gledhill, One of the most useful pieces of training equipment for skiers of all abilities is the balance or pivot board or whatever it's called, a plank of wood & roller basically. Strength and stamina are secondary, or so I was told recently. If you've got the balance and technique, you use a fraction of the strength and energy I suppose.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PG, I'd agree, and I did say that strength was AN advantage. But in ski racing with the line between winning and losing being so fine, as you know, then any advantage could make the differance.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
marc gledhill, Yep, I was thinking more of the recreational skier ref the above. You're right, and of course mental strength/discipline is another key factor when you get to a certain level in competition. Amount of times I've given kids a bollocking for rolling around in the snow and generally pratting about before a race. The ones that do that never win.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This is what we like to see!

Quote:
It is really great when the big ski nations like the French are taking note of where we are now
(Alain Baxter)

With Chemmy back from injury and Noel Baxter also making his presence felt across a range of disciplines, we've every chance of having some serious contenders in next season's World Cup.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy