Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skithe3v.com Catered Chalet Company, Les Menuires 7 Official Thread!!!

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/p00nqzt4 at 1:55 in.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just had phone call from Le Dauphine Libere editorial team following my earlier email to them. They are going to send a reporter Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
marksavoie wrote:
Just had phone call from Le Dauphine Libere editorial team following my earlier email to them. They are going to send a reporter Smile

Well done!!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Someone from the Daily Wail is asking to get in touch with them on the FB page now
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As I understand it, it is illegal under French law to evict squatters in the winter. Also if the evil one cuts the power off deliberately, I imagine the owners of the chalet will bill him for all the repairs as things burst - or to replace all the wood as they build a fire using the decorations, badinage (think thats the word for the outside cladding) etc.

Best of luck to the team
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Have seen it in loads of places round the web so think a certain companies reputation may be taking a battering!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just had another call from Le Dauphine Libere reporter from Chambery. He wants to make contact with the Les Menuires 7 - his number is +33 (0)6.46.48.69.78 - get them to send him a text and he'll call them.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
marksavoie wrote:
Just had another call from Le Dauphine Libere reporter from Chambery. He wants to make contact with the Les Menuires 7 - his number is +33 (0)6.46.48.69.78 - get them to send him a text and he'll call them.

Sent one of the 7 a message. Cheers.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The authorities in resort will not allow this to go on. And I suspect that the TO may struggle to rent any property in the town if the locals turn their back on them.

Time for the bosses to put an end to this - pay what is owed, apologise for being knobheads, and try and repair damage done to reputation and get chalet open for new guests arriving in a few days...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2105475/British-ski-workers-barricade-luxury-chalet-pay-dispute.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

No new info, but that will increase the publicity
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
France Bleu Radio is also informed - nothing like some more local publicity.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
shoogly wrote:

Laughing

Oh you are awful Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
TV8 Mont Blanc also investigating Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Monium wrote:
The authorities in resort will not allow this to go on. And I suspect that the TO may struggle to rent any property in the town if the locals turn their back on them.

Time for the bosses to put an end to this - pay what is owed, apologise for being knobheads, and try and repair damage done to reputation and get chalet open for new guests arriving in a few days...

And all to avoid paying out €4500...foolish. I wonder how many times Skithe3V did this before.
And I wonder if anyone else out there has had a similar stunt pulled on them by a different employer? Let's invite the skeletons out of the closet! Any former seasonaires been mistreated and been dissuaded from pursuing it through the courts because of a lack of financial resources to take on the big company? I'm willing to bet the answer is yes..
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
marksavoie, Are you really max clifford?? Twisted Evil
snow report
chocksaway wrote:
marksavoie, Are you really max clifford?? Twisted Evil

chocksaway, No, just on the side of the under-dog and the exploited Smile
ski holidays
Seems to me, and coming on top of the Take me to ski fiasco, that any newish TO needs to come with a fair amount of caveat emptor these days given the propensity of the industry to attract cowboys and bully boys who think they screw staff and customers over without consequence. Tough times to launch if you're an ethical operator for sure,
latest report
Wonder if any local lawyers fancy some nice publicity in return for doing a bit of pro bono as they've posted they are meeting a rep of the company tomorrow, guess some advice wouldn't go amiss
snow report
Just seen an item on the Look East local TV news. Looks like the interest is building.
latest report
DJL, Yeaterday they did 2 Interviews on BBC Norfolk, this morning they did one for Radio 5 Live, a few have been done for French companies, many ski websites have picked up their story, as have have of the British Newspapers!!!
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/uDfqJ1n9jV0

a video from them this morning
ski holidays
Remarkable job of mobilising the media from LM7. Utmost respect to them.
snow conditions
fatbob wrote:
Seems to me, and coming on top of the Take me to ski fiasco, that any newish TO needs to come with a fair amount of caveat emptor these days given the propensity of the industry to attract cowboys and bully boys who think they screw staff and customers over without consequence. Tough times to launch if you're an ethical operator for sure,

I don't really agree with this. I have seen Rude Chalets launch, sell themselves based on a quality product, staff who are more experienced than your average 18 year old ski bum, get treated sensibly because they add some value and do a good job, and the company is continuing to go from strength to strength with more chalets and more bookings year on year. Their prices are significantly above the big package TOs, but it is still really good value for money.

The trouble is in the ski industry there are far too many people who are really bad at running a company, are forced to sell themselves on price, and as a result quality suffers along with treatment of staff - you can't afford to do the right thing by your people because you have sold your holidays at the wrong price. You either go bankrupt or you have to rip off your staff. Call it the Primark model - you can't sell your brand, so just cut the quality so cheap that it looks like good value (until you try it) and sod the ethics of kids working in factories in China.

People like me will always choose a good deal, but there is a minimum standard of service and ethics that all potential suppliers must meet. Example, I look around for the cheapest possible trip I can get for next year, but choose Olympic this year because the quality of their staff and service has been above my minimum standard in the past. I have dealt with Neilson before and I would think twice before accepting a free trip from them.

It seems this shower have tried to sell it on price (claims of luxury chalet so far unproven) and also to treat their staff like crap. Well that is a recipe for huge profits but can also spectacularly backfire.
latest report
Monium, Well said. We stayed with them 3 weeks ago when issues started to become apparent, the chalet staff were nothing short of exceptional. I was lied to about the accommodation details when I booked and who was staying in the chalet, which was a big dissapointment. When I booked i specifically asked will there be other people in the chalet as I didn't want it to be just me and my friend. We get there, the first 2 days there was a group in and then we were on our own for the remaining 5 nights. This was not what we wanted, this was made worse by the tv not working, no kindling for the fire, the chalet staff lived out so no company there either. We asked if the chalet staff could eat with us in the evening for a bit of company and they were not allowed. One night we were in the local bar for a bit of après and 2 of the chalet girls were in there as it was there day off. We had a great time and after several drinks made our way back to the chalet. Upon arrival they were told they are not allowed in as they were not working that day. We asked if they could have dinner with us again and stay and watch a film later on (tv worked just wouldn't tune in) and this was refused. The staff did everything they could to try and make our holiday a better experience, but each time were knocked back from higher authority. The staff were just using common sense but the owner is clueless, he will fail in this line of business, and hopefully sooner rather than later. Common sense speaks volumes in business, it's a shame that the owners dont have a single ounce of it between them. Would I use them again, not a prayer but inwould use a company that the chalet girls worked for as they were brilliant. Enough said really.
snow report
Monium wrote:
The trouble is in the ski industry there are far too many people who are really bad at running a company

So very true.
latest report
Page 3 of Daily Torygraph today.
snow report
Featured on BBC lunchtime news.
snow conditions
That now have sponsorship from 2 clothing brands!!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
...and here it is in The Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/8938122/Chalet-hosts-stage-sit-in-after-claiming-they-were-fired-without-being-paid-outstanding-wages.html
snow conditions
gravystuffing, thanks, couldn't find the interweb version... snowHead
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder wrote:
That now have sponsorship from 2 clothing brands!!!

Golddigga and Everlast?
ski holidays
I've been following this story since it was first posted and have actually emailed and forwarded the link to a number of people. I've got to say, the posts that have gone up today have kind of turned me off.

Looks like they are now actively looking for sponsorship based upon the publicity they have got. Its all become a bit Big Brother (and Im talking about the crap channel 5 version)

Honestly, couldn't they just accept the good support of people, rather than trying to make a quick buck? Puzzled

By the way, whilst I understand that they have been ripped off and I agree that they should make a stand, posting a video showing all of them sat at a table with their Apple Macbook Pro's is a bit of a p***-take. Surely someone (their parents) should give them so advice and ask them to just stick to their original plan rather than trying to forge themselves a career as medial moguls.
snow report
Are you suggesting they are sponsored by Apple?? Eh? What difference does it make if they have macbooks or any other sort of laptop?
snow conditions
bobmcstuff, gap year kids, playing around with shiny new macbook pros doesn't exactly scream poverty
latest report
Well no-ones pretending they are in poverty. They're trying to work a gap yah ski season, they were always going to be middle class kids with fairly wealthy parents...

That's not really the point, it's the principle of the matter - you do work, you get paid. You don't go "ah well, doesn't matter, I'll just get mummy and daddy to fly me home" because that's just letting them get away with it. Doesn't matter whether they have rich parents or whatever.
snow report
Quote:

The trouble is in the ski industry there are far too many people who are really bad at running a company, are forced to sell themselves on price... Call it the Primark model - you can't sell your brand, so just cut the quality so cheap that it looks like good value (until you try it)

yup sounds like the ski industry in general too many enthusiasts running shops & holiday companies like it is some kind of dream business, if there were more business minds running them it may not be like this
snow conditions
bobmcstuff wrote:
Well no-ones pretending they are in poverty. They're trying to work a gap yah ski season, they were always going to be middle class kids with fairly wealthy parents...

That's not really the point, it's the principle of the matter - you do work, you get paid. You don't go "ah well, doesn't matter, I'll just get mummy and daddy to fly me home" because that's just letting them get away with it. Doesn't matter whether they have rich parents or whatever.

You know the whole macbook thing didnt really worry me until the other stuff came around. I mean not only are they sponsored by two clothing lines (and are naming and linking to them on their fB page) but now they are actually going onto other brands Facebook pages and asking for sponsorship! This is on OnePiece's wall:

"Onepiece fancy sponsoring us along with Zaini & Planks with our interesting story from the Alps. Featuring today in the Daily Mail, Independent, Telegraph & London Evening Standard!"

Really?
snow report
bobmcstuff, agreed but at some point, public perception may move from sympathy for the 7, to feeling like the 7 and the boss deserve eachother
snow conditions
Arno wrote:
bobmcstuff, gap year kids, playing around with shiny new macbook pros doesn't exactly scream poverty

No.1 daughter is currently working a season in the Alps, She has a nice shiny laptop & we are not exactly on food handouts wink

Can't see what that has to do with things? If daughters employers tried it on with her I will be over there with a big pointy stick Toofy Grin
snow report
I think you'll fine provenjohn, we are actually commenting on the "whole package" The laptops were a throwaway comment about managing perceptions in the social media age.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy