Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buried under snow man survives 2 months in car without food

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.7sur7.be/7s7/fr/1504/Insolite/article/detail/1396667/2012/02/18/Secouru-apres-deux-mois-dans-une-voiture-enfouie-sous-la-neige.dhtml

via Google Translation Monter:-

Quote:
A man was rescued and out of his car covered in snow on a forest road in northern Sweden, where he remained without food for at least two months in freezing temperatures, police said Saturday.

"We were informed Friday that a person was found in a car covered by snow in the woods, more than 1.5 km from the main road," said a policeman in the County of Vaesterbotten.

A man who was aboard a snowmobile spotted the top of the roof of the car on a deserted forest road near the city of Umea. Boasting a little snow, he was able to see movement in the vehicle and alerted police.

When help arrived, they found a forty year old in a sleeping bag "in very bad condition," hungry and unable to speak or walk.

According to Nyberg, it is unclear exactly how long the man was stuck in the car but the car had to get there "before it starts snowing in the autumn."

The motorist, who was hospitalized, said he had no food since December. Police believe he arrived on scene around December. The temperature reached -30 degrees Celsius recently. The man has survived by eating snow. (Belga)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
also on bbc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17088173
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hmmmmm. 2 months without food and survived my eating snow? Doing that dehydrates you even more as your body has to melt the snow. No heating from the car, a sleeping bag for warmth??? rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
already on snowHeads http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=86838&highlight=
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Boredsurfing, and now there's a third thread. At least this one's got an informative title, unlike the other two. ('Funny' titles that don't tell you anything can be quite irritating.)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
only dehydrates you if you don't melt it first Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pedantica wrote:
Boredsurfing, and now there's a third thread. At least this one's got an informative title, unlike the other two. ('Funny' titles that don't tell you anything can be quite irritating.)

Irritating to some, but I think I posted in the right forum for the topic (otherwise can be irritating to others) wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

The man has survived by eating snow.

Do we really need mountain restaurants in a skiing resort? May the next time I fall I should get a mouthful just on the safe side.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Angry Squirrel wrote:
only dehydrates you if you don't melt it first Twisted Evil

Well done. The obvious award goes to you. How did he possibly melt it though? The whole story seems a little.........odd!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
anarchicsaltire,
Quote:

I think I posted in the right forum for the topic
Yep, you probably did. (I can't get excited about forums, because I read on a 'new posts since last visit' basis, and take no notice of the forum labels. That does have a slight disadvantage though: I've occasionally opened a snowboard thread by mistake! Shocked wink)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
How many parking tickets did he get? wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Something a bit odd about the story. I know snow is an insulator so it's possible the temp could be kept a bit higher in the car than outside but even then he'd have to establish airways every day. Then add in how to melt the snow. All feels a bit improbable so I suspect a bit more to it than this.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No tv Soaps,Reality shows,No Deadline to meet,Time to think/Self-Life assess,No Nagging and No 'Are we nearly there yet'.

Where's the nearest Snow Drift. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Has nobody thought about the possibility of hibernation? Toofy Grin
latest report
Must have been something like an Alfa Romeo or a Land Rover where having supplies for being standed goes without saying. wink
ski holidays
My wife is very logical and when I told her about this story she asked if he was on his way home from the supermarket?
snow report
Volvo, no idea if he had a wood stove option in it.

Apparently he went into hibernation, like a bear. Well that's what the local Wallenders are claiming.
snow conditions
I can remember chatting to someone from that part of the world a few years ago and I'm sure he said in the winter it was fairly standard practice to carry certain supplies in the car with you just in case you got stranded, I think he mentioned sleeping bag, some food, that kind of stuff, not enough to last for two months but better prepared than you would be in the UK, I'd guess teh sleeping bag would save your life in the cold, must whiff a bit after 2 months though Going green
latest report
I can understand that he might not have been able to open a door but why not open a window, pull snow into the car and make an escape route to the surface that way? I mean he was fit and well when it happened. And it's not like an avalanche where you might not know which way was up. Very odd.
snow report
According to the Independent
Quote:
Sweden's Aftonbladet newspaper said that Mr Skyllberg had been struggling to pay off debts of about 1.6m Krona (£150,000) and a court had ruled that his rented home should be confiscated.

Initially depressed and not wanting to get out?
latest report
"and a court had ruled that his rented home should be confiscated'

huh? does not compute Puzzled
snow report
Seems a very odd story to me? 1km from a main road, he must have known that as he drove there. Can understand a few days trapped, but at that point any normal person would have made a bid for freedom surely??

Do wonder whether he actually wanted to kill himself then changed his mind??
snow report
And some of my friends claim that people can't also be Bear's. Very Happy Wink
ski holidays
Axsman wrote:

For many properties in Sweden you have to 'buy' the right to rent it. Normally these properties have very low rents and the 'right to rent it' therefore has a commercial value. You can sell on the right to rent these properties to third persons. Maybe it was this 'right' that the court was saying should be confiscated.
ski holidays
Mr Marmot, Ok, Thanks for the explanation. snowHead
ski holidays
Mr Marmot wrote:
Axsman wrote:

For many properties in Sweden you have to 'buy' the right to rent it. Normally these properties have very low rents and the 'right to rent it' therefore has a commercial value. You can sell on the right to rent these properties to third persons. Maybe it was this 'right' that the court was saying should be confiscated.

the term is "key money" in the english speaking world
ski holidays
davidof wrote:
Mr Marmot wrote:
Axsman wrote:

the term is "key money" in the english speaking world

Not in these parts of the English speaking world it's not.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy