Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need Equipment Advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Intermediate to advaned skier looking at upgrading skis. Have a nice offer for a pair of Head Cyber IC300's. Has anyone tried these? Ski mostly in eastern Canada, groomed trials, hard packed/icey, with an annual trip out west.

Thanks. [/b]
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skihunter, welcome to snowHeads. I have no experience of those skis, or Eastern Canada, but I'm sure that one of our equipment fetishists will be along in a minute to help with your query. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. Little Angel
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skihunter,

Welcome,

I would have thought that this ski may not be an advanced skier type ski. I may be wrong but I suspect it is positioned as an intermedite ski. The Head IRX800 may be a better choice for hardpack
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Head did market the ski as an advanced/expert ski. The model was introduced in the 03/04 ski season, so I think it might predate the IRX800.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skihunter, 2005 IXRC300 vs. 2003 IC300, the eye gets confused. (iMs, Mpulses, whatnot) How do you plan to size these (cm to weight?). I've a pair of 109/65/95 fast carvers now myself, and was thinking of taking them to L'Estrie. I am -not- sure they belong in the bumps or the trees.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The skis are described as an all mountain/carve ski. It has a radius of 15.5 and side cut of 109.5/64/93.5. I am primarily a groomed trail skier (that's all we have here) and try to stay out of the bumps and trees wink

Actually, I think it was a 2004 model and has the super rail flex integrated binding system.

Let me know if there is anything else useful I can add.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 16-09-05 1:06; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Comprex,

I forgot to add, I'm 5'10"" (178 cm) ; 180 lbs/ 81.5 kg and the skis are 170's.

Cheers.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skihunter, that sounds like the sidecut of a modern slalom ski. Taking those numbers, the advertised radius of 15.5m does not agree with the results from any of my sidecut calculators, such as the one here or here. 11-12m more like.

The year: This ski is black with yellow trim, yes? Is the yellow trim a bright highway-sign yellow (2003) or more of an orange colour (2004)?

As to the performance, well, paging D G Orf.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
comprex, sorry can't help, I use Head race Dept iGS skis, a whole different ball game and probably not for most people
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
D G Orf, sorry, thought you had the iSLRD.

While you're here though, look here (2004)
then here (2002)
then here (2001) (Look for the Head Cyber XP100)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
comprex,

I'd say the i.C300 is more of yellow/gold colour. I got the side cut specs off the Ski Canada Magazine website product listing.

What does the smaller radius number suggest?

Thanks again!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skihunter wrote:

I'd say the i.C300 is more of yell/gold colour. I got the side cut specs off the Ski Canada Magazine website product listing.

Ah! My apologies then for being really intense about this: it just didn't make sense and I know Canada sometimes gets vy strange retail-chain-specific models that don't appear in reviews much.

Quote:

What does the smaller radius number suggest?

Well, I suspect that 15.5m is actually correct Smile and that the other numbers are off. The smaller radius number would suggest a much turnier ski.

Where in Canada do you ski?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
comprex,

I am in Eastern Ontario, so Monte Ste Marie is the best local hill. Weekend trips can include Tremblant, Sutton, Jay Peak, Stowe. Made it out to Sun peaks last year and hope to go out west again this year.

Where's DCA?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skihunter, oh excellent fun! I look forward to my week in Tremblant or Sutton every bit as much as a western trip.

DCA is airportspeak for National Airport in Washington: our office has the scenic view of Terminal B parking.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy