Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fitness centre in Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone tell me if the new fitness centre in Tignes that they were building down by the lake has been finished yet?

They were in the process of building it when I was there in November last year but it looked like they had a bit of work to do! If it has been finished can you tell me how much it costs? Going to be in Tignes for November and first half of December and want to find a decent gym to use.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
waitingforwinter, Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
what does that mean
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
waitingforwinter, Nothing really, its just the thought of going to a ski resort and still having the energy to go to the gym makes me howl with laughter. It may be that your cirumstances are different to mine. I was just letting you know my personal reaction to your post. I also should have displayed the green with envy smiley. Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman, waitingforwinter, one of my friends keeps on trying to make me go for a run and a swim after a days skiing. Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Kramer, At easter the family that we went with, the father (my best mate) is a fell runner. He would rise at seven, run to the top of the Roche noir chair in La Rosiere and then down again before breakfast. I actually encouraged his as he would come back with comments like "boiling at the bottom, freezing wind at the top". Wild horses as they say.......
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Will be race training in the mornings but not afternoons so want to keep weights work up in the afternoons/evenings. Agreed would not fancy doing too much after a full day on the hill though!! Needs must though - probably fitter and stronger than i have been in all my life at the moment and don't want to lose it!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
waitingforwinter, You possess 3 things missing in my life: Youth, healthy body, will power. Good luck in your quest.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
waitingforwinter, There is (was) a good gym in the Tignespace.

From memory, I think it was 5 Euros for two hours.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It wasn't very close to being finished a month back (August 8th) - here's what it looked like then (click on the thumbnail for the full scale photo)...

Click to see the full scale image
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PG, I havn't been to Tignes for about 10 years. That photo has just brought the full architectural majesty back to me. I had forgotten just how awful it really is. Thanks. That will help me supress any sudden urge I might have to book a holiday there!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman, I like the idea of taking a fell runner, He can pop into the bakery and bring back those freshly baked, just out of the oven pain chocolat ! Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
waitingforwinter, take a look at the Tignes webcams http://www.tignes.net/index.php?&_lang=GB&alias=webcams-05# and you can see that it doesn't look that finished yet. Mike Lawrie remember you're looking at the worst bit of Tignes there much of the rest looks a little easier on the eye.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boredsurfin, I'm so lazy I wouldnt dream of self catering, never mind running.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stevew, I have just had a look at the Tignes webcams and they have really mixed up the pictures and the titles. The Motte looks very wet and the lake looks very white; the top of Tovire has fallen into the lake; and so on! To make it worse there is some horrible audio file. Another Snowheads thread (about ski manufacturers sites) grumbling about websites with flash instead of function is spot on!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy