Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

This years trips

Poster: A snowHead
Hywel, yes, I own a small apartment there. Follow the link in my signature to get more details of my apartment, Le Saint Bernard itself and where it is in location to skiing, Arc 1800 centre, etc.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:
Hywel, yes, I own a small apartment there. Follow the link in my signature to get more details of my apartment, Le Saint Bernard itself and where it is in location to skiing, Arc 1800 centre, etc.

Thanks for the swift reply.snowHead

I looked at your site when you first put the link on snowHeads but didn't make the connection. Your place looks lovely, but unfortunately is not available on New Year's Eve and also there are 7 of us Sad

I've seen a 90m2, 3 bedroom apartment (no A21?) on the Les Arcs central booking site. How convenient is it to get to the Spar or the Ski Set down by Belle Challes? We stayed there last year and it was probably the most convenient place you could get, with everything on your doorstep - but alas, pokey 4 bedders not up to our needs this time. snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hywel, not sure who owns A21, but that is a decent size apartment and I think it has a south facing balcony.

The Chantel area of 1800 is a little way above the main part of the village, so it isn't as convenient as your location last year. The Belle Challes is about a 5 minute walk down the piste from our apartment block, or a longer walk (20 minutes?) by road. There is a free shuttle bus which runs frequently from the main part of Charvet to Chantel if you don't want to walk (it is quite a steep climb back up the piste). If we're popping down to the Spar we normally take the car and park in the multi-storey car park by the Tourist Office (free for 2 hours), although shopping down in Bourg St Maurice is much better. There is a small Ski Set rental shop at Chantel which might be more convenient than going into Charvet.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hywel, just checked the apartment plans and A21 is a duplex apartment with a west facing view down the valley to BSM.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:
Hywel, just checked the apartment plans and A21 is a duplex apartment with a west facing view down the valley to BSM.

Who needs "Where to Ski and Snowboard" when you can get such accurate and up to the minute information on snowHeads snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hywel, LOL!

If you do book that apartment I'd be interested in what you think of it. Also, I'm in my apartment over Christmas until the 30th so if you're around let me know and we can share a beer.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar.org.uk,
We're actually flying into Geneva on the 31st, so can't make the beer, but if we go ahead and book will give you the low down. wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Flying out to Chamonix for over xmas on the 23rd, flying back on 31st December.
Long weekend in Zermatt end of Jan (5 days)
Week somewhere in March around Paddy's day, probably Austria somewhere.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
2 weeks Canada, road trip: Nakiska, Mt Norquay, Sunshine, Lake Louise, Kicking Horse, Panorama.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Les Deux Alpes 25th-30th October. Serre Chevalier 18th Dec-3rd January. That's all so far, but there will be more, probably a few days away with hubby, and maybe Easter with kids.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 20-09-05 21:07; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hoorah the die is cast, our March trip is St Anton on the 10th March for 9 days Wink

I fear a week in the Betty Ford clinic could be in order when I get back Wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tignes in feb (booked)
Whistler in March (not booked yet)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Plagne 1800, whole season. Place your bets.....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
January, Val D'Anniviers/Crans. April EOSB. Maybe one more trip in March, if I can swing it Cool
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nadenoodlee, hmm nice, love La Plagne, but we ain't going this year as 5 of my 6 skiing trips have been to there. If you're planning on drinking in Le Mine tho, I would take out a mortgage or rob a building society before you go Wink
ski holidays
avoriaz 21st jan 1week

end of feb last minute deal 1 week
snow report
Charlatanefc, just back from Ibiza, I have nothing left to remortgage, think I also owe someone my soul, so I may have to bee tee-total this season, or get wrecked on cheap wine!
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee, heh heh heh. We were in Le Mine last xmas, and 5 pints and two of those little tubs of pringles cost me 40 Euros!!! I had to be helped off the floor with the aid of smelling salts Wink

As you like Ibiza, would Pas De La Casa not be a better option for the winter?? Laughing
snow report
Banff for New Year.

St Sorlin D'Arves for February half term.

Might try a sneaky long weekend somewhere as well.
snow report
Charlatanefc, Ahhh mate, do a search, been there done that, couldnt/ wouldnt want to spend a whole season there.

Ibiza- 8 Euro for a bottle of water. 10-18 euro for a vodka coke!
ski holidays
Quote:

Ibiza- 8 Euro for a bottle of water. 10-18 euro for a vodka coke

And they say Switzerland's expensive Shocked
snow report
Nadenoodlee, You wuz robbed, serves you right for not taking your own booze Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Finally got the first booking done, Morzine at the end of Feb, hoping to get a really cheap weekend somewhere - anyone got a floor to sleep on in January?
latest report
Nadenoodlee, jesus christ, I thought France was expensive! That is criminal!!! I remember paying 1000 Pesetas about 5 years ago for 4 Vodka and Cokes in a club in Benidorm!!! And they say the Euro hasn't increased prices Wink

We've just booked our flights for St Anton in March, and just waiting on word from a few hotels Little Angel
ski holidays
chrisb, I have a spare room you can have ?
snow report
Paul Mason, but is it in Birtley or the Alps?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy