Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been browsing my WSS 2005 and was curious about Ischgl's 'wild apres' reputation, and of course the skiing terrain; have any snowheads experienced it for themselves.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IncogSkiSno, yep. It's not that wild, just plenty of boozing in lots of bars and very busy.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
IncogSkiSno, the apres is intense, but the thing that had me worried was the state of the skiers coming down from the mountain on the valley run. I think there is a little bit too much pre-apres going on in Ischgl, so if you value your life, take a gondola down to the valley last thing in the afternoon!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I did the season there in 1985 and it was WILD then it has massively expnded with many.many more place to Apres Ski !

The run down was a raceway with the locals at the end of the day. Its all be tamed down in recent years including floodlights to spoil the fun Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
IncogSkiSno, great minds think alike. I've been wondering about going here as well. That's the trouble when you've only been skiing for a few years - you can't decide where to go, and you want to go everywhere!! I'm checking out Morzine now. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We where reading an old copy of WSS (2001 I think) and it said that it was full of Dutch and Swede drunks, last years copy seems to have played down that image a little. If you where wanting to ski there you could stay in Samnaun, which is probably a little quieter. I thought my kids may like it, may not have enough tree lined runs for my liking though.

erica2004, We've skied PDS, I think you'd like it. We only skied into Morzine but didn't stop, so I can't comment on that. Vast area with Alpine charm and tree lined runs. Megeve also v good, as I've probably already mentioned.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
IncogSkiSno,

The Scandinavians have a huge foothold in Ischgl, they tend to stick to themselves & get wasted in there apartments & chalets. The Dutch are not used to drinking Pints so give them more than two there history Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stanton, A 17 year old Dutch lad latched onto our family whilst in Austria a few years ago, he was totally mad, but he could certainly drink flugles into the wee small hours - he gave my eldest son a run for his money.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
IncogSkiSno,

Yeah but its legal to drink at 16 over here so I guess were more practised . I expect this 17 yr old still felt like poo-poo the following morning Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stanton, I don't think drinking illegally at 16yrs hinders British lads from practising the art of getting p!$$ed. Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy