Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head IM77 vrs Nordica Top Fuels

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'm thinking about getting a new pair of all mountain skis sometime in the not too distant future. Surfing around here and on epic, these two skis seem to get a lot of good review (along with the metrons wink. Looking at the stats and review, they seem to be pretty similar ski in terms if shape/ability/places to ski...

Has anyone demo'd both of these?? Any thoughts on either pair?? One pair better than the other?? One more/less forgiving??

Hopefully I'll et to demo them, so if anyone has any recommendations of places in Val D'Isere (other than Precision), that would be great.

Thanks for any help.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
reality,

Welcome. I don't know these skis - been on the IM75 but would guess it isn't anywhere near the same.

I would be interested to hear about them tho'
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Do not demo from anywhere in val d bur precision. THEY ARE THE BEST.

Head skis are generally a favourite of mine. They are well made, and on a value for money scale they are far better than many other manufacturers. They always seem to fell very solid and stable, although can be quite heavy.

I have rossi bandits and head ixrc skiercross skies so i do have an open mind when testing and buying skis, and all i can advise is go with whatever feels the best when you test, and not what other people recomend. We all ski differently in style, ability and terrain, so only you can decide.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi reality, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks for the replies and the welcomes.

FastCarver, i've used precision quiet a bit over the past years...and they seem to have just about taken over most of the shops in val! :> they are very good, but was just curious if there are any others worth trying out.

i currently ski rossi b2's and had a play on a pair of im75's last season....the hot rods seem to be getting a lot of good press, largely of the 'they put a big ass grin on your face' kind of thing! :>

but if anyone's got any pluses/minuses on either pair of skis i'd be interested in hearing...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I haven't skiied the IM77, but have skiied the hot rods. They do put a grin on your face.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
reality, How about Rossi B2's? wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon, Smile

the b2's are ok....they like a bit of working to get something out of them....

but they can go just about anywhere you want them too...

now i fancy something that's going to put a grin on my face! :>
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:
realitynow i fancy something that's going to put a grin on my face!

b5,b5,b5,b5,b5,b5......................... Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
reality wrote:
spyderjon, Smile

the b2's are ok....they like a bit of working to get something out of them....

but they can go just about anywhere you want them too...

now i fancy something that's going to put a grin on my face! :>

stöckli laser sc's for hooning around at high speed on hard pack and zags for floating through powder, precision will have them both.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've heard that zags are outrageous in powder.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
they are, but not as outrageous as the ability of the lasers to hold an edge at speed Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy