Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Johann im Pongau, Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking of trying to join a group already going to St Johann im Pongau, Austria, over Easter. We'd be staying nearby in St Veit. They're located about 50km south of Salzburg.

Anyone else been there? Is it any good? I'd be interested in any info that people can give.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 21-03-04 21:52; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Alex
I've not been there before, but as it happens last week I arranged a short Easter break to St Johann im Pongau (travelling on 8 April with FlyBe from Birmingham to Salzburg, then I'll get the train down to St Johann i.P - I've arranged via the Internet 5 days B & B on a farmhouse/guesthouse in Alpendorf( a village next to St Johann). Looking at the map, St Veit is just a few km SW of St Johann. St Johann is part of the SportWelt ski region, info at www.sportwelt-amade.com (select the English menu option at the top).
I know Austria has had a lot of snow this season, but it has been very warm this last week, so let's hope for colder weather to preserve the snow!
If you do go, let me know, and we'll try to meet up (perhaps at the St Johann Gondola station or some other venue/ bar? snowHead ).
Cheers
Alastair
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alastair - I'll PM you with my contact details. I'm going with a group who I've never been with before so don't know what the deal is. I found out this morning that we get the o-my-god-its-early flight from Stanstead to Salzburg on Fri 9th, meaning that we're able to be on the slopes by lunchtime. We fly back on the 8:30pm-ish flight on Monday 12th (after a day's skiing).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Skied St Johann im Pongau a few years back. It's part of Sportwelt Amade = 860 km of slopes and some 270 lifts.

http://www.bluebookski.com/bluebook9/Austria_St_Johann_Im_Pongau.htm

Some more info on Sportwelt Amade in this thread ....
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=117

It's not the higgest of mountains so if it gets too warm the lower slopes will suffer.

http://www.born2ski.com/guidereport.asp?ResortID=39&ResortName=St+Johann
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not long now... Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I met up with Alastair out there and went skiing with him for an afternoon. The snow conditions were superb...

Alastair - great to meet you.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alex
Good to meet you and your colleagues from the group you were with. The snow conditions were excellent weren't they? Very Happy
Now I've got to wait just over 8 months for my next ski trip (to Wengen) Sad
At least I can alleviate the wait by getting my fix of snow chat on Snowheads snowHead I will try to get to the Castleford XScape meeting on May 15 if possible.
Best Regards
Alastair
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'll be visiting Ealing Beer Festival on 15th May, so won't see you there... I don't even know when I'm next going skiing... must sort that out with the others.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy