Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Super Wide Brakes for Look Pivots/Rossi FKS

Poster: A snowHead
Look have finally made some super wide brakes for their Pivot bindings designed for skis 115-130mm underfoot. The brakes will not be available as a factory fitted item & can only be ordered as an aftersales part.

They are also very expensive (£75 per pair supply only) & I've told the Look rep that the factory is taking the pi$$. I offer an installation service for those that don't fancy the full stripdown of the heel bindings. I also offer a brake bending service if you want them to fit something even wider.

The three other Pivot brake widths (72mm, 80-95mm & 100-115mm) are also available as seperate items at the same price.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hmmm... my brakeless P18s might now be sellable Little Angel
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just found out why the replacement brakes are so expensive - you get a complete base assembly!

News from ISPO is that Look WILL be offering a 130mm brake'd Pivot as a complete binding next season Cool

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 20-03-12 22:08; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Jon,
Thanks for the heads up. I take it the Pivot replacement brakes are not available now, but next season?

Terry
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Alpinord, Hi Terry, good to see you this side of the pond Toofy Grin

The replacement brake/base placement assemblies are available now in all four widths (72mm, 80-95mm, 100-115mm & 115-130mm), well they are in the UK as I got my stock in Juanuary. I'm told that replacement brake levers (only) will never be available as aftermarket parts as the factory don't want people dismantling the heel units.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hey Jon. If it was up to my son, we'd be over their with Premier League (and Spanish) season passes. Maybe in a year or two. Laughing

FTR, I just posted this thread link at TGR (http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php/241437-PSA-Repost-Super-Wide-Brakes-for-Look-Pivots-Rossi-FKS) and checked out your site.

What's shipping to the US for these? Also, how quick can the brake swap happen if the intent is to swap bindings between different width skis with inserts? I was a bad boy yesterday demoing wide boards during a powder day and ended up getting some 119mm Icelantics. I'd love to mount my Pivots on them with inserts.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alpinord wrote:
.....how quick can the brake swap happen if the intent is to swap bindings between different width skis with inserts?.....

Simply raise the dildo & unscrew the two length adjustment screws all the way to remove it, then reverse the process to install it on the new baseplate unit, set the forward pressure & you're good to go.

I'll check out the US shipping & get back to you.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon,
Do you happen to know if they will actually do a complete biding with the 130 brake next year? Also trying to get hold of a set at some point - all the shops here didn't know they existed
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
they are doing a 130 brake next year... from memory though its only coming with the pivot 18 and is a stupid amount of money.

It's so stupid that the brake isn't replaceable on these bindings (without changing the whole base plate) ... something you would of thought they would of re-designed when bringing the binding back on the market.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
spyderjon wrote:
.....News from ISPO is that Look WILL be offering a 130mm brake'd Pivot as a complete binding next season Cool

stuarth, at ISPO in February Look announced that a complete 130mm binding will be available next season but the new factory price list only shows it on the Pivot 18 binding. Hopefully they'll also include it on the 14 as there's no difference between the heel assemblies.

If they don't I'll be offering the Pivot 14 with the 130mm brake, hopefully at the same price or at just a slight upcharge.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
spyderjon wrote:
Alpinord wrote:
.....how quick can the brake swap happen if the intent is to swap bindings between different width skis with inserts?.....

Simply raise the dildo & unscrew the two length adjustment screws all the way to remove it, then reverse the process to install it on the new baseplate unit, set the forward pressure & you're good to go.

So....what do you suppose the logic is behind providing the Pivot bases and wide brake arms:

1) With another pair of adjustment tubes?:

2) Without mounting screws?

One thing that seems possibly problematic is the fact the diverging angles of the base adjustment threads vs the converging adjustment tubes on the dildo. You have to be careful (and not hurried) so they align properly and you don't cross thread them.

Looking at the new adjustment tube ends, is there a PRACTICAL and quick way to remove the covers for swapping?

latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bump for an old thread as I'm doing the same, as far as I can see you would have to drill the rivet out. Anyone know what size it uses to go back in?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bump for an old thread as I'm doing the same, as far as I can see you would have to drill the rivet out. Anyone know what size it uses to go back in?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@lordf, if you're swapping the base plate/brake lever assembly then you don't need to be drilling anything!

Lift up the dido and then unscrew the length adjustment arms until the dildo/arms assembly removes.

The spare bases (which I have in stock and are now a lot cheaper than in my original post) comes with another pair of length adjustment arms attached so simply unscrew and disgard them.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cheers Jon, I had a look on your site and the price is decent. I'm going to hace a go at bending them 1st, if that doesn't work then I will order spares.
snow report
@lordf, best of luck with the bending, I broke two of the plastic base pieces whilst trying to put the brakes back in!!!!
snow report
I did a dummy run on a very old look turn table my mates dad had, broke the 1st one... But theres a way to do it, I will post a guide if the proper run works out.
snow conditions
I'd get a new one if I were you. I had a pair of "bent" brakes and they always dragged in the snow on turns and got caught on stuff.

Splashed out on wider brakes in the end.
latest report
Bending is not that difficult, (after a few experiments!) but you really need to take the binding apart to do it, and not bend with the brakes still installed

there is a guide here (just watch your fingers, getting it back together is interesting) and it is much much easier to buy new ones

FKS from AB
https://vimeo.com/4218404
ski holidays
That's the video I found its pretty simple and works if you take your time. That and wear safety glasses as that spring does detach with some speed as I found out...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy