Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Graham Bell's Nevica jacket £15.99

Poster: A snowHead
Grab yourself a bargain!

http://www.sportsdirect.com/special-offer?utm_source=sd-120125-weekly&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=90-ski-weekly

wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are they any good?

If they are, how can other manufacturers justify £500+ for a jacket?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Surely these are a pile of crap?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
tomb wrote:
but Graeme Bell wore it on the telly so it must be good wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tomb wrote:

Why do you think so??
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Saw a couple on the piste last week. Nobody died.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Specs say 10k/10k and critically taped seams. That would be the same spec as my rather more expensive o'neil jacket and trousers. although obviously my expensive stuff looks a lot nicer Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i must admit i quite liked it the other week, when i was searching for a new jacket. However ''Many'' regular contributors on here took the pxxs big time out of it..I ended up buying from TKmaxx a tog24 as its fine for me. As a family of 6 who are going on our first ski trip in april we needed new everything so all the kids went to sportsdirect and got completely kitted out for less than £100 each. Even if it only lasts the one trip then its a bargain. None of us will be doing anything to justify spending a monkey an a new jacket. Horses for courses i guess...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have a question.Are those jackets good for very cold winter days and casual wear? I am from Bulgaria and just order one from sports direct,so i am not quite sure what to expect.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It looked as well made as any other budget jacket.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I doubt they're any/much worse than the likes of Dare2be or trespass and if you've considered those brands and you don't set your expectations too high, then you'll have a little more money to spend on quality base/mid layers Wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just realised that Andybag found this and posted in another thread:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=84680&start=40
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bore, Welcome to snowHeads. The people I saw wearing them last week were in -14 degrees at the start of the week. Don't be blinded by labels, Judge for yourself! One caveat, one of the people concerned was a boarder.

snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Bish wrote:
bore, Welcome to snowHeads. The people I saw wearing them last week were in -14 degrees at the start of the week. Don't be blinded by labels, Judge for yourself! One caveat, one of the people concerned was a boarder.

snowHead

Thank you so much.That's a big relief.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I bet he takes it off and switches to something a bit more expensive as soon as the cameras stop rolling... or am I being overly cynical?! Smile

I'm currently debating purchasing a Schoffel Whistler jacket in fern green... problem is I can't find one in my size for less than £435... £350 odd I could stomach, three digits starting with a 4 is a bridge too far for me, reading this I'm now wondering whether it's a complete waste of money full stop!
snow conditions
ben1, if you only ski 1/2 weeks per season then (in my opinion) it doesn't make a lot of sense to spend so much on a jacket unless you really wanted it. personally I have a Dare2be jacket that's been on a couple of trips and has kept me comfortable in all plausible conditions. I think that cost me 40 quid...

That being said, if you're going out skiing serious back country and are reliant upon high quality gear to increase chances of survival in adverse conditions, then the spend may well be worth it. Provided that the price tag isn't just funding the design..
latest report
ben1,

Bet he doesn't
ski holidays
According to this, Nevica comes from the same stable as E+O and Killy Shocked Shocked

http://www.nevica.com/Nevica/E+O.html
ski holidays
Timbobaggins, It all started with Nevica then they made Killy under license and ran it alongside Nevica. Then the license expired so they invented E+O to replace it. E+O not made anymore and Nevica brand sold to Sports Direct a couple of years ago - I suspect Sports Direct are making it v cheaply and doing their usual 70% off malarkey but still making plenty of margin. Let's face it, GB only wears it because he's paid to.

I'm surprised that website is still up. Well out of date.
snow report
If they were doing the dayglo one-piece suits like this: http://www.nevica.com/Nevica/NEVICA.html for £15 I'd have one! Very Happy
snow conditions
Folks, if SD have run out Field and Trek have em for £15.99. Can't wait for next week in La Ros, spot the snow head in the Nevica £15.99 special

http://www.fieldandtrek.com/mens/mens-skiwear?dcp=3
ski holidays
very nostalgic to watch the slide show once you click on nevica, but ......................... did I really want to remind myself of how glorious we all looked in our splendour. Makes want my purple one piece back that matched my fischer rc4s, it still makes my eyes sore looking at the pictures and my kids look in awe at my style. I think thats what they said anyway it was either awsome or harsoul. I never had any complaints with any of my nevica gear and for 16quid i'm tempted if nothing more than curiosity. Now where's the Elho website.... Shocked
latest report
Timbobaggins, F&T is owned by SD so it'll emerge from the same warehouse.
latest report
Just ordered the missus one, less than £20 including delivery. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Bah! I bought the stripey womens jacket a couple of weeks ago for £50 rolling eyes Still a bargain and was fine when I wore it last week in holiday in Schladming. Kept me warm and dry in cold, windy conditions on the top of the mountain, has plenty of pockets. Doesn't seem any worse or better than considerably more expensive jackets. It also had the advantage/disadvange that I was easy to spot on the piste for everyone else I was skiing with!
latest report
As I said on the other thread - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=84680&start=40#1963652

Quote:

Just been to try some on and a medium fit me perfectly (5'9", 38 chest). Looks ok, nice touches in terms of fleecy liners for pockets and so on, but the material looks quite thin and the shoulder don't seem to have any reinforcements. Wouldn't bet on it lasting more than a few days if used for proper skiing, but if you just want it for knocking around it's not bad at all. The "pit zips" are not actually pit zips, they're more or less where your rucksack straps will go...

snow report
Bode Swiller, F&T owned by Sport Direct??!!!! Garrrr....I've unwittingly lined Mike Ashley's pockets buying socks.
snow conditions
Timbobaggins,
Quote:

According to this, Nevica comes from the same stable as E+O and Killy

So Nevica does not own its own domain name on either .com or .co.uk Puzzled Puzzled
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks like they're popular at that price. Almost sold out now only the blue, white and green jacket left now on SD. I wonder how many we'll see on the slopes over the next few week!
snow report
Well i changed my mind and cancelled my order, coz my brother in law looked at them in a nearby branch and he reckons they come up small. I have just recieved a cancelled note from them by e-mail stating order cancelled and no money taken. So fair play to them,
ski holidays
We bumped into Graham Bell, Sunday , top of mountain in Kitz, dreadful weather, strong wind and snow, blizzard like, he was wearing the Nevica, looked perfectly warm
snow report
Arghhh I missed out on one!! Raging!
snow report
Ahhhh damn all gone now!
ski holidays
Saw Belly back in December, before Ski Sunday came back on, and he was wearing a Nevica jacket - it looked saturated... Was surprised cos it looked cheap. Field & Trek seems OK for pretty cheap ski & camping gear, went to one on Sunday, upstairs at our local sports direct - would defo get kids stuff in there and they had decent No Fear branded helmets for £17:
ski holidays
Well, the Oh's Nevica ladies jacket arrived first thing this morning. Although not the height of fashion, it seems pretty well made, moderate padding and good stitching. The kids all bought No fear jackets & strides & they are perfectly happy in them. As we are never going to be extreme it seems you pay for what you get. So, if anyone sees a family in Cham early April looking like an advert for Sports Direct, that will be us lot... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
I cant work out how or why they can pay Graham Bell to wear them (they must be or he wouldn't be wearing them) then still knock them out for £16 Puzzled Puzzled
snow conditions
Graham Bell works for Nevica, as brand ambassador or something like that, hence him taking the opportunity to promote the brand via Ski Sunday. Fair play to him to be honest. And I'd of thought that Nevica gear would be perfectly adequate (in terms of warmth and comfort) for the vast majority of 1 week a year skiers/boarders.
snow report
Saw them in a local sports shop that is basically sports direct under another name (Still at £45), looked quite good in terms of design, seemed about on a par with Lidl, Dare2be, No Fear, Campri etc for build quality but have to made from the loudest crinkly fabric I've seen the 1980s! Screw up a plastic carrier bag and you've got what taking one off the coat hanger sounded like.
ski holidays
I've had my Nevica Vail jacket and ski pants for two seasons and I have to say it's been superb. a couple of the pocket zips were a bit stiff to start with but they are great pockets. It's warm(-20 at one point). It's definitely waterproof. It lashed down with rain for a whole day in St Anton and I stayed dry unlike a lot of our group. The only thing I would say is it's too warm for skinning and climbing, but it's not designed for that and with the zippers under the arms and left open it was still acceptable. I do have a chuckle when the poncy Spyder brigade are on the lift in their XXL sizes and I can't help but think 'all the gear and no idea'. £400 quid jackets are over rated in my opinion, which is why they can sell them for £100 end of season.
latest report
Holy thread resurrection, Batman! Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy