Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is there anyone who actually owns a pair of B2s who doesn't like them?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
And there we have it! NehNeh
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Martin Bell wrote:
Not in DMS&S, mate. Our testers ski them and score them purely according to their performance. In the 7 years since I have been Equipment Editor, we have had a couple of occasions where manufacturers have actually cancelled a season's series of ads because the results didn't come out the way they wanted.

I considered myself b@ll@cked Embarassed

Your addition comment just shows the pressures that manufacturer's try to or do apply.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spyderjon,

Not to worry, the fact that Martin B has said that the DMS&S only score on performance is a good thing for us all to know.

Personally, I like someone who thinks and says this ski is not all that and justifies it in print, it makes the reviews of the mag all the more believable.

It wouldn't stop me buying that ski if I liked it tho' but it might influence where that ski started in my list of 'must tries'.

So a forum like this is good because vested interest is limited IMV. You have probably done us a favour by highlighting what some may have thought is subject to commercial pressures in the back of their minds.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
JT, out of curiosity, how long is your list of 'must tries' each year?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon, sorry, didn't mean to give you quite such a strident Michael Ballacking!
You are right, the pressure is always there, and the bigger the company the bigger the pressure; that makes it harder for smaller companies to establish themselves, even if their quality of product is equally high. Then again, there's a certain type of consumer who prefers to avoid larger companies, so small "niche" brands often opt to stay small, even if they could expand. The big boys sometimes try to exploit that effect, having their cake and eating it by also owning a smaller brand (eg Rossignol/Dynastar, Atomic/Dynamic).
Testing skis is an inexact activity. All we collect is an average of opinions. But we do so in an honest and unbiased way.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I loved my B2's as a first ski, still learning new stuff on them.

There used to be an old shooting quote - "Beware the one gun man". Dates from the posh shoots where some ppl bought different shotguns all the time, and had differnt ones for various styles of shooting. Along comes a poorer person with an old battered 12 bore who proceeds to out shoot everyone as they knew their tool inside out and it was practically an extension of them. Sure it applies to skis as well Wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
comprex,

As you may know, I hire skis as I like to travel light. I have a large list because it isn't always easy to get what you want in the sixe you want. And a shop will always throw up a ski that I don't know much about. So I try and swot up and have an idea on what may work. Last year I skied Rossi 9s, Elan SLX, Head M75's, B2's and Stormriders. And the one that I went everywhere looking for was the Metron b5 but I couldn't find it and when I did and almost booked it I was in love with the XL so didn't bother.

I know where I am going this year so I know I can get the XL but I will also keep an eye out for the new B2, Recon and 8000 for off-piste skiing. Depending on the conditions I will have a couple of slalom skis in mind if we get stuck on-piste. Anything quick and grippy will do here for me. That will do for starters and I get most of my info from 'picks' on here and the DM and Fallline mags
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Martin Bell wrote:
spyderjon, sorry, didn't mean to give you quite such a strident Michael Ballacking!

Actually I feel your comment was waaay too strident and a meagre "sorry" is not what I'd call an apology Mad

I feel that the only way for you to avoid me taking legal action to seek recompence for the public humiliation that I have so obviously suffered would be for you to offer me a free hour's personal tuition at next year's ESA.

And just to show you that I don't carry a grudge I'll buy the beers afterwards.

I look forward to receiving your formal response by return.

Laughing Twisted Evil Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy