Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

school holidays 2006

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

just trying to work out what week to go skiing in February '06, and so I dont pick the worst week full of little angels... Toofy Grin

Can anyone tell me what the dates are for the UK and French school holidays in Feb ?

cheers,
Toby
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is some useful infor in this thread. In this part of London half-term in February is 13th-17th. From what I can tell the first week of February is the quietest if you must ski that month. Better still, go last week of January or early March.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Here in Gloucestershire, our "little angels" are off the same time 13th-17th. Perhaps this is a nationwide thing Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers guys,

seems pretty nationwide, they're off 13th-17th in Hampshire too, or at least Newbury way !

Already got a week planned at Val in March, and a mini break in January, snowHead so cant make first week of Feb.... wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I hope it's half term then. We've booked to take a shed load of them to the Alps.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
toby wright, Large swathes of the North East England and the sw re 20-24 feb. France has 2 out of 3 areas on hols for all ofthe last 3 weeks in Feb
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the French holidays generally spread over four weeks, last three weeks in February and the first week in March include the first week of March.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hmm... possible rethink in my plans then... Shock

difficult balance between there being enough snow in Morzine in early January, or possible kid frenzy in late Feb... Shock
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
toby wright, Last week of Feb up to 4th March is the French school holidays close to Morzine etc. Best avoid I'd say (and I have kids)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If it's quiet February slopes that you want, there is another way - go to North America. USA has a busy public holiday on 20 Feb (I'm 90% certain of the date, it's based on hotel prices) but no winter half term and no rush of kids in that month.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
toby wright, I'd say the week commencing 28th Jan - great conditions and pretty child-free!!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you check out www.skinetuk.com they have all dates for Little Angels School Terms and Little French Angels dates
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
lagermeister, tidied up your link for you (missed a bracket)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The best week in Feb is the week before the british half term always quiet and cheaper
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Fat-Russ, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Looks like I will be in Courchevel for half term in Feb - not exactly sure when. I get the impression that Val Thorens can easily cope with the crowds - how about the rest of the 3V's?
snow conditions
Courcheve very crowded in half term last season report from a friend who was there. But from experience a great resort for all levels. Thanks for the welcome
latest report
Ian Hopkinson, We go to 3V every Feb half term based in Mottaret. The most I have had to queue is about half an hour (to get up Saulire) and if you go to some of the less popular areas, like my favourite La Masse for example, there is no-one there. Same with Col over at Val T.

Plenty for everyone I'd say.

Courchevel can be a bit busier, but there is still a huge area to enjoy and superb uplift capacity. I also find you can get around the 3V pretty quicklt, even if you are not super quick (and we aren't!)
snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
Chris, sounds promising! We've only visited the 3V's at Val Thorens in late season so we're looking forward to seeing it in a different light...

Fat-Russ, it's my main function wink
snow report
Co Durham schools on hol from Mon 24th Feb.
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, Little birdie tells me they break up 17th Feb, same as North Yorks
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, oops, Mon 20th, don;t know where I got 24th from.

Embarassed
snow report
Helen Beaumont, Shame , could have saved a lot of Durham families at least a grand Very Happy
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, if we'd had the week before w'ed have saved a bit too. Too much to ask though.
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, We are flying out the 19th Feb but because most of the saarf is off the week before, we have saved about £150 per head.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy