Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Terrible experience with Altibus

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Layne wrote:

I've got through to a page that says in French "Votre Panier" which believe translates as "Your Basket"... And then there is the proceed to payment in French.

So if know don't know any French...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
...you click the union flag at the top of the site and it all happens in English!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
chocksaway wrote:
...you click the union flag at the top of the site and it all happens in English!

No it doesn't. Or at least it starts in English then switches to French at a certain point as @Layne described.

kitenski wrote:
Looks like they flag this on their website now, obviously cannot tell if they did back in November!!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Right after a successful payment, you will receive your e-Tickets by mail. If you don’t receive anything, please check your "junk mail" or spam folder. Then feel free to call us +33 4 79 68 32 96 or info@altibus.com

Interesting. I don't recall seeing that warning when I made the reservation.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.

I went through the process to do a dummy booking and get the same box as you have posted. Even if you are not a French speaker, I think it's pretty clear that the meaning of the text underneath is"proceed to secure payment".

Visually, it's also pretty clear that it's a shopping basket not a confirmation, e.g. from the trash can buttons to remove items from the basket.

Quote:
So if know don't know any French...

Then Google Translate is your friend.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If I was booking such a critical thing on a foreign language site I'd make sure by whatever means that I understood it. Google translate. A friend, or ask the Internet. Sorry , but here , you have to accept some responsibility. At least you now know French for basket. Did you have to enter card details at any stage ??
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Themasterpiece, in all seriousness how on earth did you think you'd paid without entering any payment details and just seeing a reservation number? Didn't the fact you hadn't actually entered any way of paying set off some warning signals??
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski wrote:
@Themasterpiece, in all seriousness how on earth did you think you'd paid without entering any payment details and just seeing a reservation number? Didn't the fact you hadn't actually entered any way of paying set off some warning signals??

My assumption is that he did enter the payment details but it failed at some point as it does occasionally. Maybe even failed some authentication. There are a few things that can go wrong. But usually you would get a message or such. If it just hung or blue screened you would want to check your bank account and that you got a confirmation email.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy