Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Village at squaw valley

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Were about to book a condo in this area for april 06. I've read many derisory reports about this place mainly from visitors returning from summer hols. Has anyone been to this resort / condo during the ski season and do they have any advice about staying in a quiet area? Apparently there's a lot of traffic in some areas during the early morning (6.30 am). There's also a lot of noise when the bars/nightclubs close at 1-2am.

I'm not going if I cant get 8 hours shuteye!!!

Any comments gratefully received!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mij,

I was in in squaw in march / april this year and the snow was great although towards the end it got quite hot and the snow soft in the afternoons, but overall it is a fantastic place especially when you can visit some of the other resorts nearby aswell.

We stopped in the 'Squaw Valley Lodge' which was about 50-100yrds from the bars, resturants and shops and the acommodation was excellent as we could also ski in and out.

The village accommodation is meant to be a better standard than the lodge, and is directly above some of the shops, resturants, and next to the main lifts. I don't think you will be woken at 1-2 am as not sure there is a nightclub and the bars there didn't seem to be full on party bars, but nice places to go for a few drinks and a meal after a hard day on the slopes.
The village area is restricted to pedestrians and the all vehicles out in the large car park behind the village.

Pollittcl, is a ski instructor there and therefore may be able to give some infomation.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for your info.
Apparently the snow moving vehicles are parked near to some condos and they start up at 6.30 am to prepare the pistes. Also it seems the condos are built around several courtyards and some of these areas can be noisy when the late night establishments close. Other web sites say that there can be an attitude problem between the visitors and the workers. This may be the reason for the apparent unhelpful (some would say rude) attitude in some barsand restaurants.

Your comments have restored some balance and I'm sure we'll all have a good time

Thanks once again
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A look at the map from their web site for condo locations - it is a fair indicator of noise – further from the funitel is better. Parking lot snow removal and on slope avalanche control work would be the key noise makers in the morning.
If you're going to be in the North Tahoe area, try Northstar (more intermediate just East of Squaw), Sugar Bowl (steeper - more Swiss feel) and Alpine Meadows (next door area with higher base area).
Tip: Due to terrain and roads a quick trip to South Lake Tahoe is impossible -
About employee attitude – reflects ownership and size – don’t let the rotten apples spoil your day.
Area is upside down – better snow and intermediate beginner areas at top.
Weather is March is snow/sunshine, April is sunshine/sunshine.
Enjoy,
Ryan B
Moderator skilifts.org

Squaw Valley Link
http://www.squaw.com
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just following up on some of Ryan B, comments. One day we were there and a storm blew in, so decided to go to Northstar as mostly tree runs, which were great. The road down the west side of the lake does gets closed during or just after storms at Emerald bay but it is still possible to go down the east side, but takes slightly longer 1hr 15mins approx depending on weather conditions.

We found South Lake Tahoe slightly more tacky and took away some the skiing experience but that may suit some people more.

Anyway enjoy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
many thanks to all for the info

I'm sure we'll have a great time.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ryan B, welcome to snowHeads and thanks for an informative 1st post
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy