Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kettle Bells

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ive never used them but would these make a good addition to the home gym for ski related training?

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_22667.htm?WT.mc_id=2012-01-03-10-43

I was thinking doing exercises with kettle bells would be good for core strength.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I see law suits in the future - wrist injuries and crushed toes.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Renry, Keelte beels can be a good workout, however if you're a fitish bloke those are much too light wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Depends how high rep you go, I have some fairly light weight indian clubs and doing a decent circuit with them still kills.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Renry, have a couple of training session's with a qualified trainer as these things are great but doing it wrong could be a disaster, i have a 16,20&24kg for home training and they are great for strength and cardio, high reps with light weight kettle bells does not work Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kettlebell swings (2 arm or 1 arm) are a brilliant exercise for hamstrings (often neglected in favour of quads but really important for ACL protection) and core strength, I think they work well in a ski specific routine when done for up to a minute at a time.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kettlebells are awesome, fullstop!

any exercise with bells will do nothing but good for strength and conditioning.
Swings are superb for hip strength.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1 for getting some expert training if you have not used them before. They are a great bit of kit, but can be dangerous if you don't use the correct technique.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes Kettle bells are wicked pieces of kit as long as you have good Technique and Protect your Back. Good posture is so important
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
smagsmith wrote:
+1 for getting some expert training if you have not used them before. They are a great bit of kit, but can be dangerous if you don't use the correct technique.

Smacking yourself in the knees looks painful Laughing
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Aldi are doing very good quality 7.5kg kettlebells for £8.99 each at the moment which is MEGA value for money.
Picked up 2 for the missus to use.

I use kettlebells at work for 15-20 mins every day, they are so variable and brilliant for cardio and strength gains.

im a member of crossfit in clitheroe as well and they use kettlebells heavily in half of the 'workout of the day' classes.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I use these too for ski training currently and have done in the past, they are good. I also like the medicine balls with handles.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy