Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Y Garn, Snowdonia, North Wales 08/12/12

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
08/12/2012

Long walk up from Nant Peris, very icy on final approach to summit, crampons advisable unless you link up the patches of crusty crud.
Skied down west flank 09.00 this morning, conditions very poor, icy and patches of water ice and mostly crusty with ice beneath, not nice at all, avoid untill we get more snow.
Chris, Prestatyn.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
10/10 for effort mate !
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sounds great, any pics? We walked up it during the summer. Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chris_55, Good work Cool Much snow on the ground ?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chris_55, was this for a bet? Puzzled
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Here I am on Bwlch Main (SW ridge) leading up to Snowdon also on Saturday, 8th Dec 2012:

It was excellent alpine-like stuff and was longing for skis rather than crampons on the way down. Put them on at ~900m and off again at ~800m on the way down the Snowdon Ranger path.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Superb. Looks perfect for skiing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There are some easy runs to the left of the summit building in the pic above. The real excitement however is on the other side down to Glaslyn.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Peter S, If the 'funicular' ran in the winter Snowdon would be a decent option now and again as I should imagine a number of interesting runs could be made back down to Llanberis.

I'll let you go first on the 'run' down to Glaslyn wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have any of the Trinity couloirs on Snowdon ever been skied?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I found this a couple of months ago:

http://youtube.com/v/s-icY45BoDc
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Have any of the Trinity couloirs on Snowdon ever been skied?

Yes I believe so. According to John Roberts the former Head Warden for Snowdon, the 1980s was the first time I think. I always wanted to ski central Trinity but never did. At one one point it is only about 6 feet wide Shocked
I skied Carneddd Ugain down to Glaslyn in 1996 but ran out of snow.... in a fairly serious way.../ half way down. Madeye-Smiley

I miss many aspects about living in Snowdonia. Sad
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
No, it wasn't a bet, the week before I finished work early, about 16.30, so I drove up to Dinorwig then walked up Elidir Fawr and traversed over to Y Garn before descending down to Ogwen.
Needed crampons for the traverse of Elidir Fawr but snow conditions descending from Y Garn summit to Llyn y Cwn were wonderful at about 21.00
so - I made plans to come back and ski it, but when I got there it was horrible!
I think next time I will try and ski it at night, I use a Fenix head torch which is incredibly bright.
I would like to post some photos here but can't work out how to do it.
In words of one syllable please - I'm fast approaching 60!
PS I have also looked at Central Trinity having climbed it several times, it looks OK except for the middle section which unfortunately is narrow, steep and often bare rock protruding through the snow. I suppose a younger skier may take some air at this point - but not me!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy