Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Hire. Skiset V InterSport. LDA.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am in the process of hiring ski equipment for my January trip to LDA. I have looked on Skiset and their prices are higher than InterSport. Skiset list their range of skis within each category but Intersport list only one model of ski and then say "or similar".

I must admit that when hiring skis I never know whether the ski I get is the one I am paying for. I do not know enough to be able to say what ski is Blue, Red, Black or Excellence.

How to choose a provider? Any ideas?

The prices are:

SKISET: Economy 54. Discovery 87. Performance 105. Excellence 123. EURO

INTERSPORT: Blue 49. Red 64. Black 74. Excellence 84. EURO
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Knock 10euro off the skiset prices. I just clicked the link that appeared in my own post and a discount code popped up.

ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Probably more important than Skiset or Intersport is the actual shop you use. Ski Extreme are very good, may be a little more expensive.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Colin. When you say very good, what do you mean? Standard of equipment? Attention to the fitting process? I just checked their website and they are even cheaper than the other two I have mentioned by quiet a bit. They quote a 60% discount for my dates. The site is in French only but I just about understand the flow of it.

I am staying in LDA 1800 and Skiset + Intersport are within walking distance. Having said that a trip into town on the first day is a great way to start the holiday.

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
palumbex, Their kit is always well looked after and they take their time to make sure it's fitted correctly. Jutta who runs the place is actually German and speaks perfect English. I've got my own skis but have hired skis for odd days for my daughter and me and also avi kit from them. Easiski who is a local English instructor recommends them too.

I think they've probably dropped their prices to remain competitive.

When are you there? I'll be there 21 - 28 Jan.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks Colin I will probably use them. I have been following Easiski's excellent blog lately and am really looking forward to the holiday. The webcams show some great snow, long may it last. I arrive on Sunday 23rd for a week. I am staying at Club Med. I love the Club Med ski lessons (with an instructor all day) but I must say I am toying with the idea of a couple of private hours. I am a low intermediate skier but I really need to have some attention paid to my faults. Maybe this year I'll improve.

snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
palumbex, Strongly recommend Charlotte if you do have some extra lessons. If you do you also get discount on Ski Extreme rentals booked through her website.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Colin beat me to mentioning Charlotte's discount (and obvsagree with his endorsement of her lessons). Service at Ski Extreme fab- really lovely people who make sure you walk away with right stuff.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Colin B, If I do then I will give her a call. There are plenty of good reports on her ski lessons and general helpfulness.

As for the price of rental. Unless I am missing something they are insanely inexpensive. Have a look:

http://www.location-ski-les2alpes.fr/reservation/etape3

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
palumbex, That is very, very cheap, Much less than suggested on their website. Dunno Puzzled
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So I am back from LDA (brilliant) and Ski Extreme. For anyone using their website I would suggest the "Pack Expert" as the "Pack Sport" we choose was very poor quality kit. We upgraded straight away and were very happy with what we got. It was still very cheap averaging out at about 55euro for the week which included a 60% discount. I would definitely recommend Ski Extreme but be sure to choose a package that includes this years kit. The shop is conveniently located just across the road from stop 4 on the free shuttle bus.

snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hey Guys,

Maybe I am missing something but what was the overall opinion as to which one was better: Skiset or Intersport?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy