Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whats in your Jacktet

Poster: A snowHead
Amongst other stuff I also carry Arnica tablets - which I eat like sweets in the belief that it will take the continuous swelling on my knees down. Not admitting how many I get through in a day but works OK ( must try without them as an experiment)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hip flask...well you wouldn't want in yer trousers if you fell............... wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I always carry a pack so very little....ski pass, money ( notes only ) and sun cream. Map.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Same as JT, but with a Sony Cybershot DSC200 compact digi camera. and if its good weather then a hat, ears, turtle fur, and goggles. This way I know that the weather will stay good coz when I forget them it gets very cold and snows.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm suprised not one person has mentioned carrrying an mp3 player/i-pod
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think hearing is a very important part of mountain safety. You can here different surfaces from skiers ahead, you can hear skiers from behind, and all types of chatter and even warning shoutas or noises. There has been discussion on this topic before, but personally I wouldnt want to contaminate the experience of skiing with earplugs and music.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well let's see. My jacket has 10 pockets, so often I can't actually find what I want right away....

Lip Block, Sun Cream, Gaviscon tabs (nothing worse than indigestion on the piste after a heavy night), Mints, Choccy, Ski Pass, Piste Map, Goggles, Bucktool, Cable Lock, Blue diamond stone, Snood, Contact Lense comfort drops, Mobile Phone (turned off!), Insurance details, Wallet or cash/credit card, pen/pencil, Tissues, glove liners, hip flask
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Amongst other things, these days I usually take a bladder (in the back pack, not the jacket!)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
er, me ?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Anyone actually take a hip flask these days, or is it one of those things you're just not supposed to mention?? Embarassed
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I don't drink alcohol on the slopes and don't think music is a very good idea either.
I agree with Frosty that you need your wits about you on the hill. There is always shouting and directions going on in our group so headphones would not work. I also have this hearing issue with a helmet as well so I am undecided there as well.

My pack carries evrything I need so I don't uses my pockets for anything other than what I have mentioned
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
JT, Re: the helmets, many now come with detachable ear covers+/or are cut above the ears so there should be no sound insulating issues. I started wearing one last winter, and noticed no difference in noise levels. I could clearly hear my partner muttering abuse at me, just like every other winter. snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowbunny,

I still don't fancy one even if hearing isn't a factor. The tele guy in our group swears by his tho'
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
JT, Another helmets + . Mine does not mess up my hair, like a hat wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowbunny,
My hair is great so don't have helmet or hat issue here either..!!
latest report
JT, Modest I see Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
snowbunny,

Well, what I mean is I'm not bald...!!
latest report
Hmm, where do I start? rolling eyes

Sunglasses/Goggles (dep on which I'm not wearing), Lip Balm, Sunscreen, Wallet, Mobile Phone, Piste Map, Baseball Cap/Wooly Hat (again depends which I'm wearing), Lucozade Energy sweets, half litre btl of water or energy drink, choccy bar, and camera. I could do with hiring Sherpa Tenzing next year Laughing

Only time I take a backpack, is if we're going straight on the lash from the slope in a different village. That way I put all the above in the backpack, along with my Trainers (well you can't expect me to dance on tables in Ski-boots now, can yer?) Little Angel
latest report
Charlatanefc wrote:
(well you can't expect me to dance on tables in Ski-boots now, can yer?) Little Angel

I take it you don't visit Austrian resorts? Shocked Laughing
snow report
Not as of yet, but I've been forewarned Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy