Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insoles for low arch/ flat feet to fit snowboard boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Good Morning,

I was wondering if anyone could help give me some advice regarding insoles that I am after for my snowboard boots.

Ive been looking at various insole for womens feet but most of them state that they are designed for a medium to high arch. This is where my problem is.... I have low arches and im finding it rather difficult to find any suitable products.

Does anyone know of any brands producing insoles for snowboard boots for riders with low arch/ flat feet.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sidas (the guys who make conformable custom footbeds) do a drop in range called 3 feet with a choice of low, medium and high arch hights.
try and track some low / medium ones down and try them both.

I've got them in my trainers and they're great
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
S&R and Brighams do Superfeet in the various types, much better IMO for off the shelf insoles, last longer too!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try Profeet if in or near London 02077360046
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snow-Badger:
You should have a good look at these http://www.footdisc.co.uk/snowboard-boot-insoles.php - designed by one of the guys who helped found Profeet (me). They have been on the market for three years now and have awesome growth in Europe - to balance this post out, Sidas now have a three arch height concept too Shocked. The footdisc arch support has a progressive flex which is not rigid or aggressive, so as you fatique the insole doesn't hurt - blah blah blah blah. I mention this as I have a low arch myself and most off the shelf insoles are too agrressive and by the afternoon you feel like you a riding withing golf balls under your arch. Try out the low arch (Red) and if you have any issues call us.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
trying some of the lower arched models of off the shelf product may work well for you, if they are not quite right (after all they are not made to you just an average) then a well made custom insert will support your foot in its best functioning position and fill all the gaps under the foot thus spreading the load evenly over the whole foot
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jimmythefoot wrote:
S&R and Brighams do Superfeet in the various types, much better IMO for off the shelf insoles, last longer too!

Another vote for them here.

Blue Superfeet should work for your foot shape. I have Profeet beds in my ski boots (which are fantastic), got significantly cheaper blue SF beds for my very stiff-soled Scarpa mountaineering boots and they're now basically slippers.

£35 you can't go wrong.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snow-Badger

Looking back at your post again you state - 'low arch women insoles', without an examination it would be silly for anyone to recommend an insole, especially as low arch foot is predominately mobile and women are more susceptible to hyper mobile feet. If that is the case then a rigid footbed could be your worst nightmare.
I would suggest that you pop along to S+R or EB with your boots and try a demo pair.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This is a good thread analysis is key as you may be lucky with superfeet or it could be more complex

Saying that I am fairly certain, after now reading tailskidders footdisc site..... I have a Plantar Fascitiis condition.
So my green superfeet and much better fitting brd boots still won,t eliminate or help the Plantar thing which the www.footdisc description fits, pretty much like a glove.

Givern Snowbadger now has the right answers above what can one do in resort with plantar Fascitiis to confirm it first, then address it?

Appreciate any advice or course of action to minimise it here over next momth and when back in uk

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 24-04-17 13:20; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tirol 164, plantar fasciitis will not be cured by any insole, the insole is only part of the solution, firstly you need to ascertain if you actually have PF or if you are suffering a heel spur(could be a heel spur with PF), or an entrapment of the plantar branch of the medial tibial nerve, then you need to find out what is causing the pain, is it the foot pronating or is it a tight calf muscle pulling on the heel bone which in turn is pulling on the plantar fascia, is it the nerve impinging on soft tissue or a combination of many things

for classic plantar fasciitis there is a 4 point treatment plan before you go for the cortisone injection etc.

1 support the foot with a good footbed
2 stretch the calf muscles with long stretches 30 seconds each stretch, 3x each leg 3x daily
3 change your routine, the foot needs to be supported for the first 15-20 mins of the day to warm the muscles up before you take off the shoes with support to have a shower etc, this is key as it breaks the tear repair cycle
4 ice and friction massage, frozen water bottle or tennis ball rolled under the foot to stretch, ice and massage the area

if all else fails then it is the big needle or more drastic surgery Skullie Skullie
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for your informative reply CEM.

Cortizone won,t be happening although I see the depth of your reply and its great thanks.

Really I just need to ascertain the cause of lower foot pain in hope of improvement somehow?
Not the best outlook this hope, is it... but after 16 seasons with pain.... and now finally improved boot fit what more can I try.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 24-04-17 13:23; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Im actually looking for some new insoles to for my flat feet. At the moment all I am doing with my feet is stretching them but that only ease aches marginally and doesnt protect them from shock or over stretching when skiing. I hav been looking around and have seen some good ones from here have anyone used showawa insoles before?

http://shoewawa.com/insoles-flat-feet/

I dont really have a massive budget so £20+ is the most I am looking to spend.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy