Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone live in Saint Jean d'Aulps or Morzine Valley??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there

I am looking for some advice on a property I am looking at purchasing in Saint Jean d'Aulps... It is located next to a river and is partially on a plot of land allocated in a 'red' zone. The actual building is in 'Blue', however, I am fully aware of discussion going on in the Morzine Valley around the reclassification to the land zones...

What I am after is to find out if anyone who is living in this area has had any information of this from the local marie? Or if anyone who lives in Saint Jean can get in touch (via PM) as I would like to ask about this river and its flood risk???

I have pestered the agent enough and don't want to alienate her, so thought I would try on here... Puzzled

Many thx in advance to anyone who can help me out...

Regards

Scott
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Scott - did you go ahead and purchase in SJdA? I'm curious as it's a place I'm considering doing the very same. Any experiences you can share - in particular how have you found skiing there in the Winter (staying local vs. travelling up the valley)?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@fatmansan, I think the clue is in @AlpineAddict's tag, as I don't think Les Contamines is in the UK.

Why not send him a PM?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fair shout @under a new name
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We lived in Seytroux- driving is no big deal at all and gives you more freedom with where you ski and less queues.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We live in Les Gets and although we can have a very short walk up the road to access the piste down to the lifts and also ski back pretty close to home we very often take the car either to a different part of Les Gets or along to Ardent, or SJD/Grande Terche, and it's really no big deal. We have friends who had looked at buying an apartment in Morzine but in the end opted to buy a chalet in SJD as they had spent a season in Montriond where they had to drive everywhere and did not find it onerous.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I agree that "ski in/out" is not a big deal for adults living in the place for some weeks. We have found it very useful for visitors and youngsters though - you can just throw them out, and not have to make arrangements to take them somewhere or pick them up. It also means that if someone has had enough they can ski home, without disrupting others. And there are times when I'll pop out for a couple of hours, with skis on my shoulder, but wouldn't bother getting the car out of the garage - especially when the roads are bad, which is sometimes when the skiing is best.

My apartment is near the bottom of a blue piste which complete beginners can't cope with, and ski lessons mostly start in the main village, a 5 km drive. With small kids we invariably use the car - it's ideal for really little ones to sleep, and you can have their ski stuff, snow boots, sledges, spare gloves, snacks, and all the other paraphernalia readily to hand. And pick up fresh bread etc on the way home. Out of the major holiday weeks we can always park in the main street near the "front de neige", just a few metres from the lifts and ski school meeting place. It wouldn't work so well if we had to be in a distant car park, obviously.

One of the key considerations, for me, is "what is the place like out of season"? A resort such as Les Saisies is lovely in the ski season, or the short summer season, but frankly rather grim in June or September - deserted, practically nothing open, lots of closed shutters. My view is just of the mountains which are glorious all the time - I'd not want to be surrounded by closed up shops and buildings.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy