Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
Mürren looking a picture today.

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Beautiful picture Mike. Can I use that one on my instagram account please ?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Of course Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
First snow in the village this afternoon - it’s not staying - too much warmth in the ground. 3 days earlier than last year snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dates for uplift operation have been published:

https://www.jungfrau.ch/de-ch/jungfrau-ski-region/wintersportinfo/
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
telford_mike wrote:
Dates for uplift operation

You're having a boob job? Shocked
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
maggi wrote:
telford_mike wrote:
Dates for uplift operation

You're having a boob job? Shocked

At the beginning of December most of the snow will be artificial too Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looking good (thanks #murrenlover)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaE8gapl8lT/?taken-by=murrenlover
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looking for a little advice from Wengen regulars.

Restricted to either 28th January or 10th March for a week.

Too early to guess on snow conditions but in terms of the slopes being busy and just general atmosphere around the town, whats likely to be the best bet?

Thanks
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Either will be fine as both dates avoid the European school holidays. Personally I prefer March - longer, warmer days. You're more likely to get powder days in January though.

10th March 2017:

29th January 2017:
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I would go for January only because I prefer the cold and love powder days
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mürren News Nearly at the top of the Maulerhubel!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great stuff! And nice to see that they're installing it alongside the lift rather than just doing the path round the side from Winteregg.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mürren news

New webcam at Gimmelwald - http://www.gimmelwald.ch/d/webcam/main.html
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snowing in Mürren today with 10cm...wont last but lovely to see (thanks to #murrenlover for the video) -
https://instagram.com/p/BalVTPxlY25/
snow conditions
Well, first time to Switzerland (apart from over the top from Ischgl), and we have to go at half term and are in Lauterbrunnen; good for chosing which way to go, but I believe the cog railway is a slow way up the mountain. Still, prices in the Ski Miquel chalet very good.

Negative impressions reading up about the area is that it's not got the greatest snow record and the lifts are sometimes not as good as the top Austrian resorts where all lifts are fast (apparently the gondola up from Grindelwald is awful?)

I will be following this thread now, and hopefully get some tips. I do look forward to trying the area though; seems great too for my non skiing partner with all the trains, Interlakken etc.

Thanks
latest report
The Bahnhof restaurant at Kleine Scheidegg has now passed into the hands of the Jungfraubahn who will run it from now on. As a result the bahnhof website has now gone - along with the very popular webcam. You can still see the raw image from the camera here however:

https://webcams.jungfrau.ch/kleinescheidegg/jungfrau_kleine_scheidegg_bahnhof.jpg

The restaurant will now be closed for a month for renovation, reopening early December.
ski holidays
@buchanan101, The quickest way to the slopes from Lauterbrunnen is to Mürren via Winteregg (11 minutes) or Wengen via Kleine Scheidegg (45 minutes)

Weather permitting you can ski back down to Lauterbrunnen from Winteregg...you can't from Wengen !
snow report
Chris Brookes wrote:
@buchanan101, The quickest way to the slopes from Lauterbrunnen is to Mürren via Winteregg (11 minutes) or Wengen via Kleine Scheidegg (45 minutes)

Weather permitting you can ski back down to Lauterbrunnen from Winteregg...you can't from Wengen !

Or Lauterbrunnen to Wengen in 14 minutes, then Männlichen via the cable car, 5 minutes.
snow report
telford_mike wrote:
Chris Brookes wrote:

Or Lauterbrunnen to Wengen in 14 minutes, then Männlichen via the cable car, 5 minutes.

Don't forget to add the time to walk from Wengen Train station to the Männlichen cable car station (5-8 minutes) then the waiting if you miss it or is busy (10-20 minutes)...all adds up
latest report
Early bird passes now available. Book 21 days before you go and save 20%.

https://www.jungfrau.ch/shop/en/skipass
snow conditions
@telford_mike, thanks
latest report
The Jungfraubahn have released more visualisations of the V-bahn following the recent withdrawal of objections to the project.

https://www.jungfrauzeitung.ch/artikel/159362/
snow report
Its snowing -

Over 25cm recorded above 2332m !!

snow conditions
Pretty good for early November Very Happy Looks like a cold week to come too.
snow report
telford_mike wrote:
The Jungfraubahn have released more visualisations of the V-bahn following the recent withdrawal of objections to the project.

Interesting. So the new Männlichenbahn gondola won't be operational until the end of 2019 then?
latest report
Alastair Pink wrote:
telford_mike wrote:

Interesting. So the new Männlichenbahn gondola won't be operational until the end of 2019 then?

2019 at the earliest. Apparently the GGM are going to ask for a further extension of their operating license for the current lift for 2018/2019. There's no guarantee that they'll get this as they’ve had one extension already. The current concession expires in April 2018, so potentially they could lose 2 summers and a winter, which would be pretty disastrous.

However something tells me they'll work through these problems and we’ll be ok. It would be lovely to have a nice new gondola though.
latest report
Snowing loads in the region -

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
looking good in Mürren
snow report
How is it in Wengen?
snow report
currently raining
snow conditions
Lots of snow due tonight Very Happy
snow report
Wengen facebook page has a nice video of a walk through a snowy Wengen this morning: https://www.facebook.com/WengenLauberhorn/?hc_ref=ART3mI32vQqjTCjpdDH5eb6Z5OdstICkLLXr1IEwuGHJLHRp2GCaFjriAZeOU5BNaQg

Quote as the commentator walks towards the station: "The train is always on time of course". Well it is Switzerland! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Alastair Pink wrote:
Wengen facebook page has a nice video of a walk through a snowy Wengen this morning: https://www.facebook.com/WengenLauberhorn/?hc_ref=ART3mI32vQqjTCjpdDH5eb6Z5OdstICkLLXr1IEwuGHJLHRp2GCaFjriAZeOU5BNaQg

Quote as the commentator walks towards the station: "The train is always on time of course". Well it is Switzerland! Madeye-Smiley

The trains were rubbish yesterday - tree fell on the line at Zweilütschinen - no trains to Lauterbrunnen or Grindelwald Shocked
ski holidays
Jungfraubahn have just confirmed that the ski season starts next weekend 18th/19th November. No confirmation of lifts yet, but usually Arven, Lauberhorn, Wixi and maybe Eigernordwand if the rocks on Salzegg are sufficiently covered.
snow conditions
Over 50cm in Murren village this morning
snow report
From the Jungfrau Zeitung (and poorly translated by Google):

The snowfall and cold temperatures of the last few days make it possible for a wide range of slopes and facilities to be available this weekend. On the Kleine Scheidegg the chairlifts Wixi, Lauberhorn, Eiger North Face and Arvengarten open. If conditions permit, further facilities and slopes will be put into operation. There is also an offer for winter hikers, the path from Kleine Scheidegg to Wengernalp is open.

Starting this winter season, the four largest ski areas in Bern will be joined together and have launched a joint season ticket. The presale will run until the 15th of December. For 666 francs in advance sale offers this free ride on 666 km of slopes in the Jungfrau ski region, Adelboden-Lenk, Meiringen-Hasliberg and Gstaad, according to a message from Jungfrau Railways.

The official start to the season with a continuous winter sports operation is on 2 December. Information on the open lifts and slopes as well as the operating times on weekends and november are available online.

https://www.jungfrauzeitung.ch/artikel/159730/
snow report
I emailed the Schilthornbahn to ask if they would be opening the Schiltgrat area or other areas. They came back and said maybe next weekend weather permitting.

They have not yet bashed the slopes around the village or on the Allmendhubel Smile

latest report
I'm thinking of taking another holiday in addition to my Canada one on 17th January, by going on one on the 6th January!

Spotted a good deal for the Hotel Derby in Grindelwald but for a bit extra I saw one for the Hotel Belvedere in Wengen, any advice? snowHead

I still need to get the week off but if it does not work out, I'm seriously considering this for 2019.
ski holidays
Belvedere is a nice 3 star in Wengen. It's 5 minutes (or less) walk from the lift / station. Friends who have stayed there say that it's nice. The Derby in Grindelwald is literally on the station platform, but I don't know whether it’s any good.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy