Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
The April edition of Fall-Line magazine has an interesting article on Mürren. However I noticed one mistake - it said that the black piste from the top of the Schilthorn was 75°! Shocked Of course they should have said it's 75% (where 100% equates to 45°). Doing the maths the actual slope angle is arctan(0.75) = 36.9°, still quite steep but not as terrifying as the article implies. Laughing
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Alastair Pink wrote:
The April edition of Fall-Line magazine has an interesting article on Mürren. However I noticed one mistake - it said that the black piste from the top of the Schilthorn was 75°! Shocked Of course they should have said it's 75% (where 100% equates to 45°). Doing the maths the actual slope angle is arctan(0.75) = 36.9°, still quite steep but not as terrifying as the article implies. Laughing

I found it pretty terrifying Laughing

I was actually talking to a maths teacher when i was there. He told me it was 36.9 degrees. And pointed out that the steepest road in the UK is 33%, so the Schilthorn is quite steep.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Hundschopf on the lauberhorn course is 41° but is only a short section, the final schuss is 36° it always looks steeper from the top looking down opposed to the bottom looking up snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Still very good snow on Salzegg this morning if you're thinking of coming for Easter weekend.

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
New snowmaking between Gummi and Tschuggen to be installed. This is great news as it will ensure the connection between Männlichen and Scheidegg opens earlier in the season.

http://www.jungfrauzeitung.ch/artikel/154469/
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It will let you go from Mannlichen to Kl Scheidegg but possibly not the other way, typically at the start of the season high winds often strop off any snow on the slopes above the Arven and in particular Honegg lifts, you can still use the road to go through the woods to the Tschuggen lift but it often requires a bit of walking
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wow! New skipass for next season covering Jungfrau Region, Gstaad, Meiringen and Adelboden/Lenk. 666km of pistes for CHF666, as long as you buy before 15th December.

http://www.jungfrauzeitung.ch/artikel/154626/
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
telford_mike wrote:
Wow! New skipass for next season covering Jungfrau Region, Gstaad, Meiringen and Adelboden/Lenk. 666km of pistes for CHF666, as long as you buy before 15th December.

http://www.jungfrauzeitung.ch/artikel/154626/

That sounds a pretty good deal for anyone who is out there for more than say 2 weeks in the season. Cool
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
They're building a huge wooden cow at Maennlichen - it's going to need to be well padded in Winter as its right next to the Ski School!
https://panocam.skiline.cc/maennlichen
Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
sherlockis wrote:
They're building a huge wooden cow at Maennlichen

That's udderly amazing.... Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Was up there a couple of days ago. Think it might be a slide, but you never know,

latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@telford_mike, I hope they'll have an appropriately sized cow bell to attach to it! Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
haha, magic, I don't even want to know what our Swiss friends are thinking with that.. Can't wait for winter. It's too bloody hot here.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ski pass prices for next season have been published - hard to find on the new website but here's the doc. It confirms CHF666 for a season pass if purchased by 15th Dec.

https://www.jungfrau.ch/fileadmin/Prospekte_und_Broschueren/Preisliste_Jungfrau_Ski_Region.pdf
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
New website for the new 'Top 4' ski area. Passes on sale from today.

https://top4.ski/
ski holidays
Mürren news, work has started on new snow making facility on slopes of the Almiboden and Maulerhubel chairlifts. If the weather permit, a section will also be built along the Winteregg chairlift. The remainder Winteregg work will be done in Spring 2018.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 25-09-17 8:58; edited 3 times in total
latest report
Great news!
ski holidays
For anyone who hasn't seen it (or wants to see it again) at 9pm tonight ITV4 are showing On Her Majesty's Secret Service with George Lazenby and Diana Rigg (and of course some epic pictures of the Piz Gloria/Schilthorn and late 1960s skiing). Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
@Alastair Pink, like OHMSS once they land on Piz Gloria helipad they walk down into a snow tunnel. Next year it will be back as an attraction all year round as..............igloo7 !!
ski holidays
when does the discounted early bird lift pass come out normally?
ski holidays
Chris Brookes wrote:
when does the discounted early bird lift pass come out normally?

Last year it was 8th October.
snow report
Thanks Mike, I missed it last year and paid full price Sad
snow report
Oops! Season passes on sale now btw Wink
latest report
@telford_mike, link as the new website does my noodle in
snow report
Season passes by post: https://top4.ski

No link yet for regular passes, but http://www.swisspasses.com are selling them already at around 10% off so I shouldn't think it'll be long.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates that new website.
latest report
We have moved from Jersey and now live in France. I can see Puy de Sancy mountain peak (1886m) from our bedroom window with Le Mont Dore slopes only 1h30m away.

Being closer to the alps you would think it would be easy to get to Mürren from here, think again!

By train it would take 10hrs and by plane I need to fly back to Gatwick to get to Geneva. So, driving it is and only 6h40m Sad Sad

Getting into the spirit of skiing -
Mürren February 2015 from Chris Brookes
https://vimeo.com/121067318
snow report
Chris Brookes wrote:
We have moved from Jersey and now live in France. I can see Puy de Sancy mountain peak (1886m) from our bedroom window with Le Mont Dore slopes only 1h30m away.

Being closer to the alps you would think it would be easy to get to Mürren from here, think again!

By train it would take 10hrs and by plane I need to fly back to Gatwick to get to Geneva. So, driving it is and only 6h40m Sad Sad

I can believe that. A friend who spends winters here lives near Cahors. He also finds it easier to fly home via the UK.

The cows are being moved to lower pastures - at the moment they're just above the village at Allmend.

Rain & windy today - snow down to 1300 metres forecast for early next week Shocked
snow conditions
@telford_mike, lets hope this season is better than last year...fingers x
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Can't wait for winter -

http://youtube.com/v/AC136PN9I1A
ski holidays
Looking across the valley to Winteregg this morning.

ski holidays
They are forecasting more snow but lower down tonight. Tomorrow should look nice even if it doesn't last
snow conditions
It snowed again last night, and it even snowed a little at Scheidegg this lunchtime, but warmer weather is on the way by the looks of it. Mürren from Mettla.

Scheidegg.

snow report
Mike, lovely picture of Mürren. Sadly the snowline was around 1900, Allmendhubel looked lovely this morning from the webcam
ski holidays
Looks like most of it will melt over the next few days, but no really warm weather forecast (unlike last autumn) so fingers crossed. GBP vs CHF hit 1.31 today so wax 'em up guys!
snow report
Beautiful in Mürren today -
ski holidays
Beautiful indeed. Good conditions on the Lütschine in the valley too.

snow report
Männlichen cable cars being replaced after this winter season.

https://www.jungfrauzeitung.ch/artikel/158244/

The new cable cars will have an open-air balcony on top, accessible via a spiral staircase.

ski holidays
@telford_mike, looks cool but rather a squash at the top.
latest report
Mürren News

New for 2018, Skyline Snow Experience at Birg -

I wish they would instead of catering for tourists in the summer months go ahead and get the Charlifts installed for the winter -

Blumental - Allmendhubel chairlift (access both sides instead of skiing back to Mürren from Schiltgrat)
Allmendhubel - base of the Kandahar chair (instead of skiing to the Schilthornbahn)
snow report
Our family Ski Holiday to Mürren this year between 26th Feb - 5th March 2017 -

Mürren Family Ski Holiday 2017 from Chris Brookes
https://vimeo.com/207360795
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy