Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
GFS ensembles have now moved into
line for the 24th. Looking very good for snowfall then.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very in need of it too. Cool
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
isaacgibson wrote:
Very in need of it too. Cool
28 Feb to 1 Mar also looks very good although too far out to be confident. At the moment looks like heavy rain for this latter period turning into snow.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
[b]great skiing conditions at the moment
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Conditions here are really good at the moment. Great snow all the way back to Wengen. Happy skiers on Lauberhorn this morning.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Jill t, @telford_mike, thanks -good to hear. Bergfex still predicting over 30cm for Friday.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I went twice from Kleine Scheidegg to Grindelwald yesterday afternoon and it was superb. Did the Stepfi run over in First in the morning and it wasn`t so good, fine higher up there though.

Think i`ll head up towards Wengen today.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A little snow up at murren this morning. Nice refresh to the slopes.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQyDds7jxtq/

Schiltgrat today.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@isaacgibson, piste doesn't look in great condition?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pjd wrote:
@isaacgibson, piste doesn't look in great condition?

No snowmaking there - plenty elsewhere in the region.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pistes under schiltgrat are quite bare at the moment. Schilthorn is very good and everywhere else up at birg is in fantastic condition.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Finally managed the Schilthorn run today. Only took me 4 years Laughing

Great snow higher up but down at Winteregg they definitely need a lot more.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@deedee lots of snow due Friday.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
About 10cm in the village today, 20cm in places higher up. Zero visibility at times, but the sun's coming back tomorrow.
ski holidays
Next Tuesday and Weds should see a good amount of snow for the region too.
snow conditions
Do lifts open earlier on weekends @ murren?
snow conditions
I went up to Kleine Scheidegg in the afternoon. Did one run down to Grindelwald then got the gondola to Mannlichen, where the visibility was slightly above zero Very Happy

Managed to yet again lose one of my leki pole straps. If anyone`s up at Mannlichen in the morning and finds one, it`s probably mine. They`re a real pain to get hold of, they don`t sell them in singles and they`re almost as much as buying new poles. Shocked
ski holidays
@Deedee, sounds like you need to attach the straps to your gloves, then maybe the old elastic between gloves to stop you loosing those as well wink Worth contacting the Mannlichen lifts to ask if anyone has handed one in and also Wengen and Grindelwald Tourist Offices, it's amazing what does get handed in.
ski holidays
D G Orf wrote:
@Deedee, sounds like you need to attach the straps to your gloves, then maybe the old elastic between gloves to stop you loosing those as well wink Worth contacting the Mannlichen lifts to ask if anyone has handed one in and also Wengen and Grindelwald Tourist Offices, it's amazing what does get handed in.

They never come off if i wear my big black diamond gloves but i had my smaller ones on because it`s been warmer the last week. I`m terrible for losing things though Very Happy

Great day up at First yesterday. Was up at the top before 9am and beat the crowds. Stayed till about 3 and even caught the 2nd half of the rugby. Laughing
snow report
isaacgibson wrote:
Do lifts open earlier on weekends @ murren?

info from Jungfrau website. opening same time every day, but the lifts at the top open earlier. First cable car to the Schilthorn/Birg at 07:40 Shocked
Mürren-Schilthorn ski area

Operating information

Opened until Easter Monday, 17 April 2017
Limited operation from Monday, 3 April 2017

Winter sports facilities operating hours
9 AM to 4:30 PM
Riggli, Kandahar, Muttleren from 8:30 AM
snow report
Great news for Mürren, construction of the new snowmaking infrastructure will begin in May and will be completed in time for next season. The new fixed cannons will cover Allmiboden, Maulerhubel and Winteregg pistes.

http://www.jungfrauzeitung.ch/artikel/152350/
ski holidays
Hopefully some new snow tomorrow. I went from up near Mannlichen down to Grindelwald later on today and it was dreadful.
snow conditions
This morning it was great
Spring conditions pm with the warm weather snow was firm to Holenstein late afternoon .Certainly not dreadful snow right to the bottom which is a testament to the very good snow making and piste preparation all season
snow report
I see an Indian restaurant is apparently to open in Wengen soon. Hopefully a great addition - its parent in Grindelwald gets great reviews- and will save a trek to Interlaken for a curry fix (although Shanthi there will take some beating).
http://goldenindia.ch
snow conditions
Went to Shanthi on Saturday night - lovely. Have been to Golden India in Grindelwald a few times this season and it's really good. Spoke to the guys working on the new restaurant in Wengen yesterday and they reckon they're opening next week. Fingers crossed.
latest report
@telford_mike, good news. Thanks for the update.
ski holidays
Looking forward to going to Wengen on Saturday. We were there last month and new snow was badly needed. Looks like that particular problem is being solved as I speak😀
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Following on from that, had problems last month with bad cough and difficulty breathing on the slope so visited the Doc in the village. Very impressed with the thoroughness of my check up. After X-ray and bloods, acute bronchitis diagnosed so the end of my skiing for the week, but wonderful care given.
snow report
telford_mike wrote:
Great news for Mürren, construction of the new snowmaking infrastructure will begin in May and will be completed in time for next season. The new fixed cannons will cover Allmiboden, Maulerhubel and Winteregg pistes.

http://www.jungfrauzeitung.ch/artikel/152350/

Great news! When we were there at the end of January the lack of snow forced the closure of all the Winteregg and Maulerhubel pistes - and I HATE the trudge through Murren to the station with Skis (no snow on the slope down to the station either!) Mad
snow report
telford_mike wrote:
Went to Shanthi on Saturday night - lovely.

I can see Shanthi from my hotel room Laughing
latest report
Deedee wrote:
telford_mike wrote:

Sorry about the noise on Saturday!
ski holidays
telford_mike wrote:
Deedee wrote:
telford_mike wrote:

Sorry about the noise on Saturday!

There was definitely more noise from me in front of the tv when the final whistle blew at Murrayfield. Laughing
latest report
All, do you think Wengen is a good choice for a 4 day lads trip? We normally go to Val d'Isere or Zermatt but fancy a change this year? We are in our mid-40s and tend to stay in boutique hotels / enjoy good food with a couple of reds. We are 2 advanced skiers / 1 advanced boarder. I've been to Murren with Mrs F over the Lauberhorn weekend a couple of years ago - we absolutely loved it. Are piste conditions decent now? Many thanks.
snow conditions
@franga Did lads trips here for 10+ years while I was working. Top place and plenty of good hotels. Try the Caprice if you fancy a boutique experience. Lots of snow falling at the moment.
snow conditions
Big news from little Wengen. Golden India restaurant opening tonight.

snow conditions
@telford_mike, I wondered which building it was going to occupy. Hope it's a success. It's a bit odd when I think back to what Wengen was like years ago - but also great -that I now will be able to have a few beers at an Anglo type pub, watching live English footie on TV (Rocks) followed by a ruby!
snow conditions
@pjd, it was certainly good tonight. Great curry followed by a few beers in Rocks. Right now the föhn is roaring outside but we're all safe and warm in the pub.
latest report
@telford_mike, sounds a great evening! Looks windy this morning too.
snow report
Everything closed today - big föhn.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy