Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
Great to see the snow has arrived. On our hols from U.K. in Australia (32degrees) but can't wait to get back to Wengen and the Alpenrose in January. ⛷⛷⛷
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have just heard that Viktor Gertsch ( father of the Lauberhorn race in Wengen) has passed away. A lovely man and a good friend to the DHO. RIP Viktor.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Back in town after a few weeks in the UK. Lovely weather here in the Oberland. Cannons have been running but to little avail. No skiing yet as we've been moving house.

But our new kitchen has been fitted and it's lovely!

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Popped up to Scheidegg at lunchtime. Very few people about. Snow much better than expected.

No queuing!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Amazing what a difference the snow making creates
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm off to the Jungfrau in a few weeks however I think I may have made a bit of a mistake. We are booked in to stay in Interlaken 😧
After doing a little more research (which I should have done before booking accommodation) it now appears it is quite a trek to the ski resorts ?
The accommodation is on the ski bus route but it looks like a train journey from interlaken ost is still required to get to the slopes ?
Can anyone offer any advise to ease my concerns ? What is the easiest resort to get to ? What are rough journey times ?
Thanks
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
picnic64 wrote:
I'm off to the Jungfrau in a few weeks however I think I may have made a bit of a mistake. We are booked in to stay in Interlaken 😧
After doing a little more research (which I should have done before booking accommodation) it now appears it is quite a trek to the ski resorts ?
The accommodation is on the ski bus route but it looks like a train journey from interlaken ost is still required to get to the slopes ?
Can anyone offer any advise to ease my concerns ? What is the easiest resort to get to ? What are rough journey times ?
Thanks

I`ve stayed in Interlaken the 3 years skiing in the Jungfrau and i`m doing the same this season. It`s a bit of a trek but if you`re only going for a week then it`s not so bad. Train to Lauterbrunnen takes about half an hour, then you change to either Murren or Wengen/Kleine Scheidegg. Train to Grindelwald also takes about half an hour then you get the gondola up to Grindelwald First.

Ost to Kleine Scheidegg takes 75 minutes including all the changes. One of the world`s great train journeys though Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@picnic64, Yes, Interlaken is a bit of a trek to the ski resorts. Here's the online timetable. From Interlaken Ost the train to Grindelwald takes about 35 mins, then from Grindelwald station you walk about 100yards to the bus station where you'll take the bus to the Grindelwald First gondola (which takes about another 10 mins). Alternatively the train from Interlaken Ost to Lauterbrunnen takes 20 mins, then from Lauterbrunnen station you've got the choice of either going to Wengen (you change onto another train which takes another 15 mins to reach Wengen, where you can get out and use the Mannlichen cable car from Wengen or stay on the train up to Kleine Scheidegg which is a further 25 mins from Wengen), or if you go to Murren on the other side of the valley then the BLM cable car and linked BLM train from Lauterbrunnen gets you to Murren in 23 mins, but most skiers get out at the Winteregg stop before you reach Murren as that's only 14 mins from Lauterbrunnen and you can get a chairlift straight from Winteregg.

Hope this helps.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Picnic64 - You need to make sure that you get the Jungfrau Ski pass, this covers all the routes suggested above without any additional cost. Don't forget that you can get 20% discount by booking in advance, just book here https://www.jungfrau.ch/shop/en/skipass 21+ days in advance
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Full Link to Ts & Cs https://www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/jungfrau-ski-region/earlybird-skipass/
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We had about 1cm of snow last night, and today the föhn has rolled in. No trains or lifts.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks Alastair Pink and sherlockis, much appreciated !
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
picnic64 wrote:

No Problem picnic64. Just to whet your whistle and show off the stunning scenery in the area, try this

[url]https://www.lookr.com/#!explore/46.605420;7.921710-Wengen:bern,switzerland/all[/url]

(link tags not working properly Sad , go to https://www.lookr.com
and search for Wengen, Bern, Switzerland )

Not a new Webcam as such, but a great way to get an overview of current conditions in the Jungfrau region showing multiple webcams on one page.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The last 2 days have been very windy with no uplift from the village at all. Much better today, mild and calm. Ski school have managed to build a little snow park for the kids. Considering the weather we've been having it's a bloody good effort.

latest report
Booking your lift pass is now here https://www.jungfrau.ch/shop/en/skipass discount is applied automatically if you book 21 days in advance
latest report
Currently you can ski from the Schilthorn to Mürren
latest report
New outside hot tub at the Mürren Sportzentrum
snow report
More skiing has opened-up this weekend. You can ski down to Innerwengen on the race course and to Allmend on the wood path. Restaurant at Allmend doing a roaring trade therefore.

Not sure whether the village run will open anytime soon. There's lots of artificial snow on the path down past Cafe Oberland, but the Allmend meadow and the Brunner slopes get a lot of sun and are pretty bare.

Temp in the village at lunchtime, +10 degrees C, and we're not getting below zero overnight. Lots of people arriving today.
snow report
Rain tonight and +4C as I left the pub. Should be snow up top.
snow report
Let's hope the winter arrives this weekend, fingers X
snow report
Another sunny day, but it's much colder - currently zero, so there should be some snowmaking tonight. People are being encouraged to ski the race course to consolidate the artificial snow. Fiendishly icy in the shade at the bottom of the course.
ski holidays
The last slope on the end of the course is much steeper than it looks Very Happy

As i found out last season Shocked
ski holidays
Another lovely day in the Oberland. Lots of happy skiers and walkers. No sign of any change in the weather over the next few days.
snow conditions
Popped across the valley today and got this pic of Wengen's ski area from the path between Grütchalp and Winteregg. Amazing to think that the Lauberhorn races are still on!

Weather still spring-like, though our weather station (and the local forecast) says there'll soon be a change to something more seasonal.
ski holidays
The region so so bare Sad
ski holidays
I`ve managed to get an extra week off work in February so i`m going for 2 weeks now. Hopefully get a day or 2 skiing somewhere else just for a change as well.
ski holidays
Snow is supposed to start tomorrow evening and continue for a few days, will post updates on here.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Let's hope so
ski holidays
Yay!
latest report
@telford_mike, YAY! It snowed up here in Basel last night (fairly unusual) so I thought it must be snowing in the mountains! Hope there's been lots up high!
ski holidays
The snow looks to have reached as far down as Lauterbrunnen valley. Very Happy

https://www.webcam-4insiders.com/en/weather-Lauterbrunnen/1632-Lauterbrunnen-weather.php
latest report
About 5cms. More tomorrow apparently.
snow report
my Bergfex App says a lot of snow on the way. both in a couple of days time and then again next week for 2 days. temps all the while below zero. Hope that forecast is accurate...
snow report
3cm in Mürren - it's a start !
snow conditions
I do not think there is as much snow coming tomorrow as some places (snow forecast) suggest, they are saying 30cm my forecast is closer to 10cm, there does currently look like a possible substantial snowfall for the middle of next week though
ski holidays
Out in force this afternoon preparing the village runs for tomorrows snow....fingers x -

ski holidays
Much colder today, started snowing at about 3pm. The home run back to Wengen opened for the first time today. Competitors have started arriving for the Europa Cup races this weekend.

Huge building project underway for the Weltcup Dorfli on the ice rink. It gets bigger every year.
latest report
@mike, looking at the webcam tonight it looks like the window is cracked?

snow report
New-ish Mürren webcam at Suppennalp (daytime only Wink )

snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy