Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
Piste basher building the huge jump for the Whitestyle Open in front of the Jungfrau Hotel. Held between 4-6th March with night jumping!

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can't beat a early morning walk taking in the fresh alpine air with amazing views that I never get bored of and then going skiing

latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
View from the better side of Wengen village Toofy Grin Toofy Grin this lunchtime before the cloud came down and it started to snow again -

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
New attraction at Winteregg, great fun!

Snow tubing on two tracks over 250m long

latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Probably the best day of the season. Masses of new snow, and the sun came out Very Happy

ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
So... arrived back at the weekend and we all had a fantastic time. After some appalling visibility very early on Monday/Tuesday I think it got better and better. The snow conditions were some of the best we've seen throughout the week. Wengen and Murren are both cracking places to Ski but overall I would have preferred to have stayed in Wengen not only because you can ski into the resort but the Rocks bar and Sinars were cracking little bars Toofy Grin
We just felt we were a little out of the way in Lauterbruunen and although lovely, the 40min train ride each day just started to get on our nerves a bit to get us upto the ski lifts.
One of our chalet guests had an awful open fracture leg break 2 days before coming home... she lost it on a bend and crashed into a tree breaking her femur Shocked .
She was air lifted to hospital at Interlaaken apparently... operated on immediately and was running up a cost of £3k a night, just hope her insurance is covering it Sad

On a plus note, I cracked my black run virginity on this trip so all good. Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Murren was very good today - very cold but sunny. The crowds have gone.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chris Brookes wrote:
Piste basher building the huge jump for the Whitestyle Open in front of the Jungfrau Hotel. Held between 4-6th March with night jumping!

We had a beer one afternoon in the bar that was a converted ski capsule next to the hotel and wondered what they were doing... now we know haha!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Spike107, were you at the quiz in Rocks last Monday night?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
telford_mike wrote:
@Spike107, were you at the quiz in Rocks last Monday night?

Nah mate, don't recall a quiz in there. We were sometimes in from around 4:30 to 7pm if we were over in Wengen but we always had to leave at 7 to get back to the chalet for evening meal. rolling eyes On the one night(Weds) we had to sort our selves out, we gate crashed a 60th party in Sinars for a while and had the crack with a few in there which was a laugh. They were all dressed in white toga outfits Laughing If you saw anyone dressed as animals/Austin Powers or wearing a "where's wally t-shirt" that was their group. After numerous beers, we went and ate in the posh Italian on the high street after that... the end of the evening was a blur and it cost us 2 hours skiing the next morning as we were so hungover Laughing

All part of the fun wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Spike107 wrote:

Nah mate, don't recall a quiz in there. We were sometimes in from around 4:30 to 7pm if we were over in Wengen but we always had to leave at 7 to get back to the chalet for evening meal. rolling eyes On the one night(Weds) we had to sort our selves out, we gate crashed a 60th party in Sinars for a while and had the crack with a few in there which was a laugh. They were all dressed in white toga outfits Laughing If you saw anyone dressed as animals/Austin Powers or wearing a "where's wally t-shirt" that was their group. After numerous beers, we went and ate in the posh Italian on the high street after that... the end of the evening was a blur and it cost us 2 hours skiing the next morning as we were so hungover Laughing

All part of the fun wink

Saw the toga people that night - looked like they had a good time! Glad you enjoyed this little corner of the Alps, see you next time Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm off to Grindelwald this weekend for a couple of days. Does anyone know of a bar which will likely be showing the England vs Wales six nations match on TV please?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ski Holiday video -

Mürren Family Ski Holiday 2016 from Chris Brookes
https://vimeo.com/158395585
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Here in Wengen at the moment. Does anyone know a bar that will be showing the United v Liverpool Europa League match on Thursday?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Rocks will show it I would imagine.
snow conditions
For anyone out there over the next few days note that the last of this season's FIS Telemark World Cup races are being held in Mürren (at Winteregg) Wed, Thu and Friday of this week. I'll be travelling to Wengen on Thursday so will be at Murren on the Friday to watch and cheer on Britain's best Telemark racer Jasmin Taylor and the rest of the British Telemark team. If you've not seen Telemark racing it's quite impressive to watch, particularly the Parallel Sprint event where two racers compete side by side on the course.

http://www.myswitzerland.com/en-gb/events/event-298748626.html
snow conditions
Have a great time @Alastair
snow conditions
Windy today!

But the forecast for the next few days is for unbroken sunshine Very Happy
snow conditions
@telford_mike, wheres that app from ?

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 17-03-16 10:46; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Snow is lasting well but temps rise from Friday with no significant snow fall expected. This is a shame as I was hoping for a few days back in Mürren in a couple of weeks.

This weekend at the Schilthorn they open the Inferno shop -

Roll on the spring, lot of exciting things happening to Mürren for the next winter season !!
snow report
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=124996

Link to my trip report in resort reviews thread. Just back from Grindelwald last weekend.
ski holidays
D G Orf wrote:
@telford_mike, wheres that app from ?

Website. Go to Jungfrau.ch and click 'winter'.
ski holidays
Nice day at Murren today. Snow is soft (slush in places) but coverage is good. Very few people about, even on a sunny Sunday.

snow report
telford_mike wrote:
Nice day at Murren today.

Looks great there. Got sent a photo from Schilthorn earlier, just to remind me i`m back at work and probably not skiing again this season Mad
latest report

On Thursday I took part in a DHO race from the Lauberhorn start hut dressed in my retro tweeds Laughing Here's a rather nice photo of me approaching one of the gates ..
ski holidays
1st May in Murren !!

ski holidays
Looks like the new Gondola from Grund up the Mannlichen will be slightly to one side of the existing GGM probably so that they can continue to run the current one for as long as possible, the new building at the top look like it will be slightly larger as well
ski holidays
On 'Star Wars Day' - May 4th - the Jungfrau region looks like the Planet Hoth!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Great video of Maria's working day at Stäger Sports Salomon Station Shop at the Schilthornbahn -

Another boring day at work... from Mary McFly
https://vimeo.com/165420611
latest report
No more Club Med in Wengen.

http://www.jungfrauzeitung.ch/artikel/146341/

Shame, IMO, they employed a lot of ski teachers and the staff I met were all good people. Nice, however to see that the Palace will continue as a hotel.
ski holidays
telford_mike wrote:
Nice, however to see that the Palace will continue as a hotel.

Indeed, it would have been a shame if another Wengen hotel closed to be converted into apartments.
latest report
I believe i`ll be back again next seson. Hopefully going to have a week somewhere else in Switzerland first then head to the Jungfrau. Any recommendations for the first week? Was thinking about Zermatt but it could be an expensive one. Any little hidden gems i should know about? Very Happy *has to have a train connection, i don`t do buses unless it`s an emergency*
snow report
@Deedee, we did a week in Arosa before a week in Wengen a few years back. Nice town, mostly easy skiing, good rail connection from Chur.
snow report
@Deedee, Meiringen? I had a day trip there by train from Wengen a few year's ago and it seemed like a nice area.
snow conditions
Cheers. They both look pretty good. I can go anywhere in Switzerland, i`ve got a flight booked to Geneva. Could i suppose go to France too but don`t want to have too long a journey over to Interlaken.
latest report
A lot of routes go into Interlaken, use theSwiss rail timetable to see how long it will take though as some take the best part of a day
ski holidays
Alastair Pink wrote:
@Deedee, Meiringen? I had a day trip there by train from Wengen a few year's ago and it seemed like a nice area.

Hasliberg is quite a nice area. Certainly good for a few days if not a week.

We met a nice young telemarking couple there, but no tweeds and their skis were far too fat Toofy Grin
latest report
Lovely new PR video of Mürren-Schilthorn

http://youtube.com/v/9NJDSD-JYu4
snow conditions
16 new additional snow cannons have arrived to cover the ski area of Birg for the coming ski season and beyond -
snow conditions
Couple of friends (of friends) went over and ran the Jungfrau marathon at the weekend. Pretty tough race i believe.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy