Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
telford_mike wrote:

A lot of people were skiing down to Brandegg today despite the piste being closed - I did see a piste machine on the path this afternoon so it may well open tomorrow. The new snow also means you can ski to Wengen with a little care

Guilty Embarassed I had arranged to meet Mrs Lechbob at Brandegg for Apple fritters without checking the piste status. There was machinery to avoid and ploughed crust to negotiate.I see it is open today. I met @stab at Central sport who set up @Lechjas's snowboard bindings . Plenty of sunshine today despite the forecast, weather closing in expecting snow overnight and tomorrow. Nice run down from Mannlichen to Holenstein but piste closed below that. Mrs Lechbob and Lechben went by toboggen and had fun.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Lechbob,

We must have been up there together today:

snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'll look out for you but don't expect to see too far tomorrow.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Lechbob, viz will be ok in Rocks bar I am assured Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
2 piste machines have been working on Winteregg for the last couple of hours. Fingers crossed Very Happy snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Mike,how's the rain in Wengen , has it stopped and turned back to snow
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Rained all the way to 2000 metres yesterday afternoon @Chris, no more snow forecast until later today, but FL looks like being similar. Odd weather.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mike, they are opening Winteregg tomorrow including the Maulerhubel Chair!! More snow forecasted for the afternoon and overnight but I hope the FL drops!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I's going to stay pretty warm till Monday I think
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Light rain at the moment, FL about 2500 metres, and the local forecasts pretty much confirm David's thoughts on the temps. Great news about Winteregg though, I've missed it! Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
telford_mike wrote:
@Lechbob, viz will be ok in Rocks bar I am assured Very Happy

That would be a good call. Early morning skiing was good yesterday morning, We arrived back up at Mannlichen to be in a blizzard. Skied and downloaded to Grindlewald, bussed to First to find heavy rain. Didn't get much better higher up and the posted, we shown as closed. Returned to wengen, got some excellent procecco from the Coop for a happy evening. Good snow up top today but I am not comfortable in dull light as my eyesight is poor. Fondue Bourgenon (spelling ? , cook yourself beef anyway) and red wine tonight will be just the ticket.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lechbob,Chinoise Fondue?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This is super cool 360o video with a twist but you need to view it on a handheld device so that you can move around. It also happens to be filmed over the Jungfrau Region wink

http://www.helikopterflug.ch/
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I hate rain...specially when its over the Jungfrau Region at a freezing level at 2200m !!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Still raining, above freezing at all relevant levels except perhaps the Schilthorn. On the plus side, lovely dinner at Sina's, cocktails in the Pickel bar Very Happy
snow report
@telford_mike, let us know what the morning is like. Temps aren't dropping until Saturday PM Sad
latest report
@Chris Brookes, when are you out?
latest report
Two weeks time just me and then a family trip end of Feb but having seconds thoughts on this
latest report
Chris Brookes wrote:
Lechbob,Chinoise Fondue?

AKA
Was good but I ate too much and have a hangover. Looking out of the window at the rain I don't need to ski ,so back to the bar for a cure.
ski holidays
Fog and heavy rain, temp in the village 4C. FL about 2000 metres.

See you in the bar Bob, it's an indoor day.
ski holidays
FL must have dropped as its now snowing down to Mürren.
snow conditions
Sounds about right - I can see snow on the trees just above the BLM railway line.

2 children have been skiing on Winteregg all afternoon - they have the lift and piste all to themselves. My guess is that their parents are safely ensconced in the restaurant with a nice bottle of wine. We used to do exactly this when ours were young Very Happy
snow report
Much better day today - we only saw snowflakes - no raindrops! Despite yesterday's rain the snow is good all the way down to Brandegg. Viz poor at altitude but lots of new snow.

Hospitality for the race at Wengernalp - it's much bigger than I've ever seen before.
ski holidays
Its now snowing in Mürren as the temps have dropped,very heavy snow!

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 11-01-16 16:49; edited 2 times in total
snow report
Rained this morning, snow showers this afternoon. Temp has been dropping steadily and is now +1C so we should get a good freeze overnight, and any precipitation will fall as snow. Spent all day lugging my piano down from the post office and getting everything set up, so no skiing anyway Toofy Grin
ski holidays
telford_mike wrote:
Spent all day lugging my piano down from the post office and getting everything set up, so no skiing anyway Toofy Grin

Couldn't you have fitted skis to the piano? Toofy Grin
latest report
Alastair Pink wrote:

Couldn't you have fitted skis to the piano? Toofy Grin

Possibly, and to be really flash, I could have played it while we skied down the hill 😀

Colder today, light snow on and off but now chucking it down. Windy up top this morning so exposed ridges are looking a bit threadbare. Pistes good though. Run back to the village is open, but needs care towards the bottom.
snow report
http://www.fis-ski.com/alpine-skiing/news-multimedia/news/article=first-training-cancelled-wengen.html
Unusual problem this year, too much Snow. Training already cancelled yesterday
looks like snow showers on and off until Monday, so the course team are going to have their hands full !
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cleared about 10cm of new snow from the steps this morning. Gloomy start at Winteregg.

But it did brighten up later, and the sun even peeked out in the late afternoon. Pistes very good, but avalanche danger at level 4 so no fun in the trees today. Feels a lot colder.
snow report
Arriving in Grindelwald on Friday for 4 days (can't wait). Going to take in the downhill on Saturday (does anyone know if it's running the full length this year?) - and then skiing, along with a visit to Piz Gloria on Sunday and Monday
latest report
No problem with the downhill running full length - the snow is fine. BUT, They need to get a training run done, last chance for this is tomorrow if they don't want to cancel the Supercombination. We need a really cold night tonight with no more snow, and reasonable viz tomorrow for the training run.
snow report
Mürren is starting to build on snow depth with over 150cm at the Schilthorn but the Sous automatic station is at 2360m NOT 2970m

http://www.slf.ch/fragment/chart.html?station=SCH2&type=snow&lang=en
snow conditions
Great skiing today, even if the viz was a bit poor first thing. Draw for start numbers for tomorrow's Supercombination in the village this evening.

Currently chucking it down with snow - lots of work for the race staff before the downhill can start in the morning.
latest report
We had about 15cm of snow in the village last night. More tonight and tomorrow apparently. Great day today watching the Supercombination. Packed stadium and a great atmosphere.

snow conditions
Good view from Mürren of patrouille Suisse air show -
ski holidays
More snow last night, Got a nice pic of Wengen in the sunshine on our way to the downhill at Innerwengen this morning. Snowing lightly again now, more tonight.

latest report
It's wonderful that snow conditions have improved, I'm looking forward to returning to Wengen in just under two weeks.

Only, I'm somewhat doubtful about where I'm staying. This time I've booked the Jungfraublick, but I'm concerned that they still have so many rooms available when there is supposed to have been a recent renovation and the rooms seem quite nice and large. Being the cynical type, I'm led to wonder if there is something I'm missing.

In 2013, during my only trip there, I've previously stayed at the Alpenrose (a week), Wengener Hof (a night), and Berghaus (2 nights). Alpenrose was lovely but the rooms are quite small and as expected quite a bit more expensive. Wengener Hof was OK but didn't feel like a mountain hotel Finally, Berghaus was disappointing despite the many enthusiastic reviews and it didn't help that I couldn't have dinner there as a guest on either of those two nights.

So is there anything wrong with the Jungfraublick?
snow report
@sgny, Welcome to snowHeads!
snow conditions
@sgny, welcome to Snowheads. I must admit that in all the years I've been coming here, I've never set foot in the Jungfraublick. However, we've had friends who've stayed there in the past and we've never heard anything negative. The main thing is that the snow is great, and now the races are over we have the whole mountain to enjoy.

ski holidays
Its now all about the Inferno in Mürren -

http://www.inferno-muerren.ch/en

Video -
http://youtube.com/v/ehbMtcugf9M

Local gossip (and now confirmed) - Pippa Middleton is doing the inferno
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy