Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
Great timelapse photography from the top of the Jungfraujoch:

http://bit.ly/1RFMNGC

Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That was lovely, thanks for posting snowHead .
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Work is progressing well at the Schilthorn for the next ski season and the start of the major refurb !! (Construction starts this summer over 2 years in 4 stages at the Schilthorn. Total spend 7.5 million CHF)

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 3-08-15 8:52; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The VIP 007 Walk Of Fame event at the Schilthorn on the 31st July 2015 -

http://youtube.com/v/hsMeQPvaFTU
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lovely view from the Lauberhorn this morning
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Schilthornbahn AG clean up managed to fill 20 helicopter sling loads of rubbish.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34124473
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A great video of local freeriders,speedflyers and wingsuit pilots of the Jungfrau Region following their passion in 2015 season

whitelines 2015 ¦ local riderz at work from Piz 'n' Breakz
https://vimeo.com/139746592
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
007 clean up managed to fill 20 helicopter cling loads of rubbish -
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34124473
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If my German understanding of this article is correct, it looks like the green light has been given for the building of the much discussed V-Bahn project from Grindelwald Grund! Very Happy

The V-Bahn would from the same terminal building comprise both a new high speed replacement for the old 1978 built Männlichenbahn (which currently takes half an hour to get to the top of Männlichen, hence it being referred to by some of the snowboarding fraternity as the "two spliff lift" Laughing ) and a totally new lift going all the way to Eigergletscher. In addition to providing a welcome new link for skiers and boarders I believe that it is intended that the lift to Eigergletscher will take a large number of the Grindelwald based tourists who currently reach the Jungfraujoch Top Of Europe via train up to Kleine Scheidegg where they change trains; with the new lift they will board the train at Eigergletscher for the final leg of the journey through the mountain tunnel up to the Jungfraujoch.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
New exit from the Piz Gloria to the Schilthorn piste is coming along well -

ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just the usual heads-up for people going to the Jungfrau region this season, discounted skipasses can now be bought online (a minimum of 21 days beforehand) from http://www.jungfrau.ch/en/tourism/book-rent/early-bird-2-to-14-day-sportspasses/early-bird-2-to-14-day-sportpasses/

snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Alastair Pink, thanks again for the heads up, it's a good saving.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Think i`m coming back again at the end of January Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
http://www.jungfrau.ch/en/tourism/news-events/v-cableway/film-panoramic-tour/
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Long time wengen visitors now but we've always either flown to Berne or had taxi from Zurich airport to Lauterbrunnen. Looking at train from Zurich airport to Lauterbrunnen this year to save cash, can anyone help me as to how long we need to allow from landing time to train departure? is an hour enough?
Any other inside info or heads up regarding train transfer would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks.
latest report
@steve_68, an hour should be fine but I don`t think you have to book onto a specific train - you can just buy the ticket and take the first avaialble to Bern -- Interlaken -- Lauterbrunnen.
latest report
@steve_68, Zurich's usually pretty easy to get out of and Swissly efficient with baggage.

As @Nadenoodlee, says, no need to book trains and so you just need to ensure you don't arrive so late in the day that you miss a connection.
snow report
@steve_68, Welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

You probably know this already, but if you are travelling from Zurich to Lauterbrunnen then you'll find that the Swiss Transfer Ticket (which has to be bought before you arrive in Switzerland) is probably your best option. You can buy them from a number of places, I normally use https://www.swisspasses.com/railpass/transfer/

I take it you saw my earlier post about being able to get a 20% discount on your skipass if you book online here more than 3 weeks in advance?

Have you got your accommodation in Lauterbrunnen arranged yet? If not I can recommend the Hotel Schützen, which I've stayed at twice, most recently earlier this year.
ski holidays
The Swiss transfer ticket was cheaper on Black Friday last November. Think someone posted it on here. I remember buying it anyway and it worked out perfectly.
ski holidays
@Nadenoodlee Thanks for that, if we dont have to book a specific train we should be fine, we land 11.30am so hopefully make Wengen around 4 I should think - time for a beer and getting skis sorted Smile

@Alistair_Pink I didnt know about the transfer ticket, will definitely look into that. I had seen the skipass offer, thank you, we took advantage of that last year, it's quite a saving.
My original post was misleading , we always stay in Wengen - back to the Wengenerhof this year after a few years elsewhere.

Thanks for all the advice everyone.
ski holidays
steve_68 wrote:
@Alistair_Pink I didnt know about the transfer ticket, will definitely look into that. I had seen the skipass offer, thank you, we took advantage of that last year, it's quite a saving.
My original post was misleading , we always stay in Wengen - back to the Wengenerhof this year after a few years elsewhere.

In that case the transfer ticket will of course cover your journey the entire way from Zurich airport to Wengen. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Webcams to the ready....first big dump(and future base)this weekend
snow conditions
I`m arriving the 30th January. Hopefully getting 7 full days skiing this time Laughing
snow report
For anyone wanting to hire a snowboard in the area https://www.facebook.com/SnowboardGuru/ Central Sport in Wengen has a very good selection of boards
snow conditions
@Alastair Pink, Have you managed to use that link to buy passes in advance? I want to buy passes for a group of us for our week beginning 28 December but the link doesn't seem to work! Maybe one can only do it 21 days exactly beforehand?
snow report
Villz wrote:
@Alastair Pink, Have you managed to use that link to buy passes in advance? I want to buy passes for a group of us for our week beginning 28 December but the link doesn't seem to work! Maybe one can only do it 21 days exactly beforehand?

I just tried it and it worked. You can definitely buy them now, i got mine about this time last year and the year before. http://shop.jungfrau.ch/en/skipass
snow report
@Deedee, Thanks! I emailed them and they said it might be a problem with the browser I was using so I'm going to try another one
snow conditions
Hmmm, 27cm of snow fell over night in Mürren...and it kept on snowing (only 5cm in Wengen)

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Chris Brookes, I'll be in Murren on December 18 for a couple of days, assuming there's enough snow. Otherwise it's Zermatt. Would love it you could post further on the conditions if you're still around in December. Cheers.
snow report
@skidm, if you have Twitter then your best to follow me for the lastest info - @murrenlover

I still though post here slot...
Laughing Laughing
latest report
Fortunately there's a bit more snow in Wengen than the 5cm being reported by our competitors Very Happy Very Happy

snow conditions
telford_mike wrote:
Fortunately there's a bit more snow in Wengen than the 5cm being reported by our competitors Very Happy Very Happy

I think our Murren sHs colleague's PR spin has been rumbled...... wink Toofy Grin
snow report
@Chris Brookes, wow! Looking good already then for the GB Telemark Chamoinships then (9-21 Jan)

lucinda.s Bring it on Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@Alastair Pink, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I was only going on information posted by Wengen.com on twitter at 08:46 on the 21st November -

quote "There's about 5cm (2in) of snow in the village now and still snowing".....Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

-------------------------------------------

Anyway, The better village (NehNeh) has now 40cm in the village with more forecasted on Thursday -

Bashers out this afternoon !!!!
snow report
Chris Brookes wrote:
@Alastair Pink, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I was only going on information posted by Wengen.com on twitter at 07:36 on the 21st November -

quote "There's about 5cm (2in) of snow in the village now and still snowing".....Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Mr Wengen.com posts that stuff to keep the riffraff away Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
@telford_mike, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Mr.Wengen.com hasn't mastered it yet as they still allow you and @Alastair in.... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
True. Every now and then he catches up with me and I have to ski in Murren, returning under cover of darkness Cool Cool
snow conditions
@telford_mike, He's trying to help you 'ski' sense and visit the dark side..... Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Over 40cm of new snow and currently -12c with blue skies !!

snow report
Beautiful day today but very very cold. Currently -8 in Grindelwald. This picture was taken this evening just after the sun went down

https://www.instagram.com/p/-bxVgtxdNl/?taken-by=altigriwen
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy