Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
I`m arriving tomorrow Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well, a good bit of snow to fall while you are here !!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The 72nd International Inferno-Races which took place between 21st - 24th January 2015

http://youtube.com/v/m5FDZD8BvHc
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Saw quite a lot of snow on the train through from Geneva. Hardly any in Interlaken though.

Quick question. Are there any lockers in Wengen i can leave stuff in for the day?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Deedee wrote:

Quick question. Are there any lockers in Wengen i can leave stuff in for the day?

Yes there is.

Great snow today, unfortunately it was a bit difficult to see it.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Still snowing now !! 7pm (CET) and a lot me hopes this week!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great new weather app from Swiss Meteo:

MeteoSwiss by MeteoSwiss
https://appsto.re/gb/VtZjJ.i
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@telford_mike, thanks Mike - great site. Going out to wengen on the 5th. Looks like there will be plenty snow, unlike early on in the season. This will be our 10th year and we still get excited!!!!!!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
25cm new snow in the village last night - 30cm Scheidegg.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
27cm new snow in Mürren (70cm in total) and more to come !!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Absolutely brilliant - arriving Sunday.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@skilegs, You're in for a treat! Runs down to Grindelwald all in good condition with the fresh snow, and although there was a bit of cloud and flat light at the top of Mannlichen the runs lower down had good visibility - lovely tree skiing round the Tschuggen area today. Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Another new 360 HD webcam in the region. This time way over behind Grindelwald at Bussalp. Not somewhere we skiers go very often but great for the sledgers (world's longest sledge run - 15km)
http://grindelwaldbus.roundshot.ch/
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I arrive in Wengen on Friday and it would appear from the various forcasts that next week is to be clloudy with snow most days.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sherlockis wrote:
Another new 360 HD webcam in the region. This time way over behind Grindelwald at Bussalp. Not somewhere we skiers go very often but great for the sledgers (world's longest sledge run - 15km)
http://grindelwaldbus.roundshot.ch/

good find !!
latest report
Went up to First today but couldn`t see a thing so headed up to Scheidegg again and did a couple of runs back to Grindelwald.

I`m still hopeless at skiing the bumpy afternoon snow Shocked
snow conditions
@Deedee, I went with the DHO today from Wengen across to Grindelwald First. Lovely pisted fresh snow (with plenty of deep powder at the side and good visibility - you just have to pick the right day Wink
Talking of conditions, the forecast for tomorrow is heavy snow and strong winds, so I don't expect to be doing much skiing tomorrow, I may have a day in Interlaken instead.
snow report

90 years of the DHO in Wengen
Here's a photo of Wengen high Street this afternoon. The DHO are celebrating their 90th year in Wengen! Very Happy
ski holidays

Wengen attracts visitors from many places, even Aliens it seems as in this photo I took at the top of Mannlichen the other day! Shocked Very Happy
snow conditions
Alastair Pink wrote:
@Deedee, I went with the DHO today from Wengen across to Grindelwald First. Lovely pisted fresh snow (with plenty of deep powder at the side and good visibility - you just have to pick the right day Wink
Talking of conditions, the forecast for tomorrow is heavy snow and strong winds, so I don't expect to be doing much skiing tomorrow, I may have a day in Interlaken instead.

Cracking morning up at Winteregg today. Made the trip up to Schiltorn in the afternoon but it got a bit dull later on on so i just headed back to the hotel.

i`m staying in Interlaken. Really quiet here just now.
snow report
@Deedee, try and post some pictures if you can of the better village (Mürren)... Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Chris Brookes wrote:
@Deedee, try and post some pictures if you can of the better village (Mürren)... Laughing Laughing

[img][/img]

[img]

[/img]

[img]

[/img]

[img]

[/img]
snow report
Arriving on Thursday. More snow forecast between now and then, but what are conditions like now. It seems to be very cold😗
ski holidays
@Deedee, nice pictures of Winteregg, thanks for sharing

Sad news, on Saturday a snowboarder from Basel(28yr) died in an avalanche above Mürren going off piste under the Grauseeli between Birg and the Schilthorn (carrying no receiver)
article - http://www.20min.ch/schweiz/ostschweiz/story/15649567
snow report
Brian T wrote:
Arriving on Thursday. More snow forecast between now and then, but what are conditions like now. It seems to be very cold😗

I`ve been in seriously cold places many times but nothing was ever colder than the Oberjoch chairlift on Friday morning.

Snow is amazing though.
snow report
Chris Brookes wrote:
@Deedee, nice pictures of Winteregg, thanks for sharing

Sad news, on Saturday a snowboarder from Basel(28yr) died in an avalanche above Mürren going off piste under the Grauseeli between Birg and the Schilthorn (carrying no receiver)
article - http://www.20min.ch/schweiz/ostschweiz/story/15649567

Cheers Chris. I`ve got more pics, i`ll get them up soon.

Sad about the boarder being killed Sad
latest report
How`s it looking there now? I`d love to go back again right now but it`s unfortunately not going to happen. Sad
snow conditions
Loads of snow with 85cm in Mürren after last couple of days of snow storms. Today looks like the clouds might lift so higher I go. Can't post pictures on here via I iPhone but you can see them as always on Twitter - @murrenlover
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Superb conditions with 100cm in the village and over 220cm on the upper slopes

Video -
Mürren February 2015 from Chris Brookes
https://vimeo.com/121067318
latest report
Would love an update on conditions wink
latest report
@provenjohn, which village ?
snow conditions
@Chris Brookes, Wengen Smile
snow report
Quick update for anyone thinking of a last-minute trip. It's basically all good here - spring has arrived but everything's still going strong with the exception of the lowest bits of piste down at Grund. Weather mixed at the moment - had a week of sun but it snowed all night last night and was cold and windy today. Nice again tomorrow then lots more snow in the coming days.
snow report
Went to the closing party of the Schilthornbahn Taverne on Saturday. Sad to see it go in its present form, but what a great gesture - beer at 'almost' 1970s prices -CHF 1.8 for a half litre. Great music too - German/ SwissGerman europop. I can't imagine that the new bistro will have the same atmosphere. Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
The Helicopter Girls took there DJI Inspire (i want to upgrade to this beauty) to Piz Gloria on the Schilthorn at 3000m
https://vimeo.com/124258383
snow conditions
Do you have a £1 spare, if so please sponsor me doing an abseil down a 40m dam this Sunday for a local charity VERY close to my heart.
https://www.justgiving.com/ChrisBrookes/
ski holidays
Nice timelapse video from the Eigerwand station inside the Eiger mountain (just behind the North Face) downwards out into the open at Eigergletscher and finishing at Kleine Scheidegg. Very Happy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/11519505/Views-from-a-train-along-Europes-highest-railway.html
snow report
Its all gone quiet for another year here but did you know the Schilthorn have 2 new attractions this year !!!

The world’s first outside 007 WALK OF FAME at 3000m– where cast and crew members of «On Her Majesty’s Secret Service» leave their traces at the legendary Bond movie location. (photos to follow)
Snow on 365 days a year – access to the permanent snow surface on the Schilthorn’s northern slope provides information on the permafrost. Experience snow up close, all year round. (photos to follow)

New lifts(x3) and ski area (linked) for the winter season 2018....!!
latest report
Anyone fancy a bit of Late-Late Season powder bashing?
You'll have to be quick as it'll probably all be gone by Sunday - oh and you'll have to walk up from Scheidegg snowHead
snow conditions
Should be ok from Eigergletscher certainly to Brandegg, or the rat run down to Wengen, sadly the restaurant at Brandegg will be shut
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy