Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
Give us a clue, what does it say please?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Esentially it says season ski passes will also be valid on the Local (lauterbrunnen, Grindelwald and possibly Interlaken) bus routes not just the ski busses
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just back from PortAventura Theme Park and rode the latest roller coaster called Shambhala....all I can say is OMG

Shambhala Rollercoaster at Portaventura May 2014 from Chris Brookes
https://vimeo.com/97129823
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Still a surprisingly large amount of snow on the Mannlichen and Lauberhorn but virtually none over at First, I'm guessing that the high walking route from Mannlichen to Kl Scheidegg will not be open yet
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I remember doing the First - Busalp walk in June though and despite First itself being devoid of snow the path cut across a couple of large snowfield remnants higher up where because of the drop and the early hour of the walk I'd have felt happier with an ice axe!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
pjd, I've seen small avalanches com down the back of the Mannlichen to Kl Scheidegg ridge in late July, the snow holds quite late in the gullies there, but I was surprised seeing it still lying on the ground near the Mannlichenrestaurant and Lauberhorn Start Bar yesterday.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
New construction livecam at Birg for the Skywalk -

http://webcam.schilthorn.ch/schilthorn.freeride.jpg
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BBC Report on basejumping in the Lauterbrunnen valley.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
On Friday 450 people had to be evacuated by 6 helicopters from Birg,Schilthorn and 2 x cable cars due to a technical fault which stopped the cable cars from running.

ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
D G Orf wrote:
pjd, I've seen small avalanches com down the back of the Mannlichen to Kl Scheidegg ridge in late July, the snow holds quite late in the gullies there, but I was surprised seeing it still lying on the ground near the Mannlichenrestaurant and Lauberhorn Start Bar yesterday.

It's snowing up at the Start Bar this afternoon!
I don't suppose that it will last for more than 5 mins, but not bad for July Shocked

ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I cant wait to this my Phantom on holiday with me, check out my latest quick video showing a bit of Jersey !
https://vimeo.com/101116705 (picture above is wrong but the link on the left of this is correct !!!!!!)

ps...The New Children's Flower Park opened today on the Allmendhubel with the Skyline walk at Birg opening next month

Birg -
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
New for the 2014/15 Ski Season in Mürren -

The Skyline Snowpark at the Gimmeln ski lift, great place if you’re a freeskier or snowboarder.

The facility has two lines with beginner and advanced difficulty degrees running parallel to the ski piste, with a further expert line for the pros as and when snow depths allow. It will have more than a dozen kickers, rails and boxes guarantee spectacular jumps and adrenaline-packed action.

Sledgers can look forward to the brand new Apollo run. This wide, sun-exposed trail leads from Schiltgrat Station via Gimmeln back to Mürren

snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Very good news for winter ski season in Mürren. They are knocking down the old Engetal ski lift station in the bowl and creating a new piste aswell as broadening and reinforcing the Birg traverse !!

work in progress (as above)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
New Wengen webcam by Hotel Caprice -

http://www.caprice-wengen.ch/webcam/

something to do with you Mike??
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Nasty jump off into the off piste now from the looks of it! There are limits for a older person.

Sorry, what was the "old" Engetal lift station - completely lost and probably being very stupid.
latest report
countryman wrote:
Nasty jump off into the off piste now from the looks of it! There are limits for a older person.

Sorry, what was the "old" Engetal lift station - completely lost and probably being very stupid.

It was a concrete T-bar base station at the bottom of the Birg bowl. The piste currently divides into two to ski around it and then joins up again.

The bit in the picture will be netted in the future when the work is completed
latest report
Thanks

Ah remember the vile and steep T-bar and always wondered why the piste divided there but do not think I ever spotted the remains - me not being observant and usually schussing down there anyway!
ski holidays
Chris Brookes wrote:
New Wengen webcam by Hotel Caprice -

http://www.caprice-wengen.ch/webcam/

something to do with you Mike??

Alan (owner) screwed it to the wall, I did the techie bits. If you right-click the image you can work out how to grab the high-res version - it's a really good camera Smile
latest report
First time I have written on here for about 2 years! Just remembered the site and my password! I take it all is well in wengen? I will be back there this winter having missed 3 seasons due to work commitments. Does anyone remember the maybe family who always stayed at the eiger hotel? Here is to good snow for this winter. Cheers
snow conditions
Wengen ski legend Karl Molitor had died at the age of 94, see this
snow report
Schilthorn Cablecar Rescue (caught on camera by a passenger)

http://youtube.com/v/CUD-E7b2zVo

(from the 20th June, post above )
snow report
We are thinking about returning for a week from 4th April 2015, how have conditions been in pervious years for this time, would you risk it?
snow conditions
JimboS, I think mannlichen shuts on the 6th, Kleine schidegg and Murren area have limited operations from the 7th so you can go on that date but effectively half the lifts will be shut after the Monday, in recent years snow has been good at the endo of the season and many have said they could have stayed open several more weeks but most of the hotels tend to shut after the first or second April weekend so I would guess theres not enough income coming in
snow conditions
Thanks, I'm surprised that Crystal are still selling package deals to Wengen on the 4th without highlighting that the lifts will be shut. Glad I checked, I almost booked last night.
snow conditions
Nothing surprises me about tour ops
ski holidays
Update on Mürren for season 2014/5 -

Work has started on the new lift on the Allmendhubel (photos to follow on the Schiltgrat t)-

work going well on the Birg traverse -
latest report
Aren't they cutting it a bit fine for the new season?
snow conditions
Yes, but they couldn't start it until 1st September
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
They have until early November to get ground works done, lift towers are pre assembled then lifted by helicopter into place and bolted down, this is done so they have the minimum ground disturbance by heavy equipment
snow report
Early bird ski pass discounts are up.

http://www.jungfrau.ch/en/winter/tourism/book-rent/early-bird-2-to-10-day-sportspasses/early-bird-2-to-10-day-sportpasses/
snow conditions
telford_mike wrote:
Early bird ski pass discounts are up.

http://www.jungfrau.ch/en/winter/tourism/book-rent/early-bird-2-to-10-day-sportspasses/early-bird-2-to-10-day-sportpasses/

Yet another change this year - 20% discount on Murren-Schilthorn and Grindelwald-Wengen passes as well as the full Jungfrau pass - last year it was just on the Jungfrau pass.
Don't forget to order new passes - even if you have passes from previous years - otherwise you have to carry the stupid piece of paper around with you to show on the WAB as they can't re/over-print your old pass. its only CHF5 per order for shipping, and you always get your CHF5 card deposits back
latest report
Looks like a beautiful day in the region today, snow cannons have been mounted ready for the coming season

http://panocam.panomax.at/lauberhorn
latest report
Animated images from the SKYLINE SNOWPARK which is opening this winter.

http://youtube.com/v/Y9doyBNNNe0
ski holidays
First snow of the season at KS - enough for the guys to get the snow blowers out. I dont suppose it will last, but hopefullylongerthan the last lot in July snowHead
snow conditions
Temps dropped really quickly from +8c down to -2c overnight to product this in the morning -

I think the cows weren't too happy about it while walking back from Gimmelwald -
snow report
this morning -

latest report
I`m going to come back for another week in Interlaken this winter. Wee question, am i better coming at the end of January or the end of February? Went at the start of March last winter and it was a bit too warm. Would rather it was a bit colder but don`t want to go when there`s not enough snow.
ski holidays
Not long now...( 2 trips booked already and hoping for a 3rd as im not climbing any hills for charity next year)

seems like yesterday-
Mürren March 2014 from Chris Brookes
https://vimeo.com/88717922
latest report
Deedee, End of Jan is usually better for a combination of good snow and cooler temps
ski holidays
D G Orf wrote:
Deedee, End of Jan is usually better for a combination of good snow and cooler temps

Cheers. Going to book for the last week in January
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy