Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New ski advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm retiring my Volkl SuperSport Superspeed's this year and want something to replace them. They been a fantastic, charging hard piste gripper and seen some off piste action too although I feel they are primarily a piste ski. I ski a little more off piste than 5 years ago but as a family man find its still on piste where I spend most of my time. I weigh 85 kg's, ski 3 to 4 weeks a year and I'm comfortable at speed on most slopes
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Should have said, I'm really looking for a newer version of this type of ski, perhaps with a hint of extra off piste capability but I'm probably thinking very slightly more width and the same/more rigidity as the SS's but I don't want to compromise on the edge to edge speed. From borrowing some fat ski's a few times they are ok but seem slow to respond to me. Thanks in advance to any one who can reply
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Head Titans in 170 or 177cm. 78mm underfoot and pretty stiff so decent piste performance, but fractionally wider than your Superspeeds.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1 for the Head Supershape Titans or if you can find a pair as they've been discontinued the Volkl AC50 makes a sweet all-mountain ski with enough width for the soft stuff.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar, thanks 7cm is quite big difference, I'm 1.82 tall, sound right ? I'd hope to test/rent some in December but this may not be possible
glp9, Thanks too

EDIT - is 177 going to suit me ? I may NOT wiat until December and just order them.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 27-11-11 19:55; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just re-read your post, In my experience the Heads are slightly softer in the tip and stiff in the tail, I had a pair last season and didn't get on with them (my flat-mate loved his!). I ski a Volkl Tigershark 10ft and use it in all but the deepest stuff. Lots of fun, nice and stiff.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
glp9, Thanks, I'm going to try to find the Heads and Volkls to test
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty, if you get a chance try out the Rossi z76, never been a big fan of rossi's in the past but was forced to have a go on these at a recent ski test and was very surprised! Felt very sweet!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd recommend the Titans as a great piste ski which also handles off-piste well. I skied on them a significant number of days last season and they can rip up the pistes but still have decent float for powder days.
These are my all-purpose skis when I might encounter variable conditions.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy