Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The view from............ Val d'Isere and the Espace Killy

Poster: A snowHead
Brillinat - hadnt seen that link before - exciting!
ski holidays     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As a 'heads up' the discounted season passes are now for sale.
snow conditions     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@bar shaker, Thanks for the reminder. Very Happy
ski holidays     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Double post.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 6-10-18 14:03; edited 1 time in total
latest report     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quick Q:

Thinking of staying in a chalet in Laisinant area of Val. Never done that before.

How reliable is that lift with opening on time in general? My memory seems to tell me it's delayed quite frequently. Not a huge issue as the bus is so close anyway to take you to the solaise / Olympic, but in theory the local lift is a good option to get up the mountain quite fast on a good day.

Appreciate the low down !

Cheers

Alex
ski holidays     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Alex A, Iím not aware of that chair from Laisinant being closed or late opening much.
The run down to Laisinant is closed more often due to avalanche risk.
snow report     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Laisinant is great acces up to the solaise area. Now the datcha has been upgraded its a good route out of Val. Iíve used it with the bus before to avoid the que at the solaise gondola in the morning
ski holidays     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Timg60, ^^^^^ +1. Not a bad way to get up to Le Fornet either after fresh snow has fallen.
snow report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bar shaker wrote:
As a 'heads up' the discounted season passes are now for sale.

do you have a link as i cant find at all
snow conditions     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks all !!!

Only trouble now, the Chalet was never available, even though it said it was Sad the search continues !
snow report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Excuse my ignorance, but if I use the Lassiant chair, how do I get to the Solaise area?

As can I down load on it, or do I have to get the bus back to the car park from La Fornet/Val D?
snow report     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Philip1972, from the top of Laisinant Express chairlift, thereís a choice of 2 red graded pistes down to the Datcha fast chairlift.
The Datcha takes you up to the Madeleine/Solaise sector. This is a very good area for relative beginners and early intermediates.

Iím unsure whether downloading on the Laisinant chairlift is allowed. I have a feeling you can but no doubt someone will confirm.
ski holidays     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@PeakyB, Great, thanks.

i have been going for a few years now, but never started at Lassiant. I have driven past it to La Fornet, but parking is easier at Lassiant.

I was confused as on the piste map it looks uphill to Datcha!

Will give it a whirl on my next trip.
snow report     
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Philip1972 wrote:
@PeakyB, Great, thanks.

i have been going for a few years now, but never started at Lassiant. I have driven past it to La Fornet, but parking is easier at Lassiant.

I was confused as on the piste map it looks uphill to Datcha!

Will give it a whirl on my next trip.

The piste to Datcha is called La Route de Cel, it's the summer road and barely downhill at all (the road side cycling signs show it as between 7 and 10%), so not to be attempted on a board, but fine on skis.

After fresh snow, there can be some great off piste from the top of Lassiant.
snow report     
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I seem to remember there is quite a pit of poling on the Route de Cel - have not used it for a few years
snow report     
I seem to remember there is quite a pit of poling on the Route de Cel - have not used it for a few years
snow report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy